And1: 5,113

Post#21 » by FakeScreenName123 » Thu Sep 6, 2007 11:07 pm

chad that far down huh?
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#22 » by Next Coming » Thu Sep 6, 2007 11:40 pm

_CBS7_ wrote:I hope people who are putting Grossman at or near the bottom will be surprised. Plain and simple, if he doesn't screw up he's got the potential to be top 10 easily. Huge if, though.

What a great post. :lol:
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#23 » by Icness » Fri Sep 7, 2007 1:21 pm

FakeScreenName123 wrote:chad that far down huh?

He's obviously better than several I have rated above him, but his margin for error is so miniscule with his severely limited arm strength. I'd rather take my chances with a guy who can toast a safety and stretch the field for my RBs than a guy who relies on YAC to beat you.
thierry
Lead Assistant
And1: 649

Post#24 » by thierry » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:19 am

I swear to God I can't believe how low Romo is on your guys lists. He is around 15-17 average. He is easily a top 10 QB. QUIT HATING!!
Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#25 » by Elway=GOAT » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:54 am

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:All these QB's at this point aren't better than Campbell

Schaub
Huard
Frye
Kitna
Culpepper
Garcia
Harrington
Grossman
Smith
Green

Why rank Alex Smith so high when Campbell in less time has shown more than him. Both were drafted in the same draft and Campbell in less playing time has shown more poise and a better skill set than A. Smith.

I hate both teams, but...Campbell hasnt shown Jack, wtf are you talking about. Homerism at its best. Smith has atleast shown that he has went from worst starting QB in the league to an average one. I expect him to be above average. But Campbell hasnt shown anything yet. Nice couple of games, but could turn out like a Grossman for all we know. Or whatever, yearly random QB with potential who has a average-nice couple of games then falls flat on his face. Take off the glasses.
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#26 » by Elway=GOAT » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:09 am

kooldude wrote:Brady better than Palmer? Brady is more clutch and have leadership quality but if I'm starting a franchise, it's Manning, than Palmer, and maybe Brady or McNabb.

Cool, ill take Brady...Along with multiple rings. Give me a guy who is clutch, along with leadership qualitys. Over a guy who can throw a ball 75 yards down field. Because in the end that dosent mean anything, Ryan Leaf, Jeff George, Leftwhich have show that.

Ill go:

1. Brady
2. Manning(Outside of the unbelievable second half aginst the pats, he still under performs in the playoffs compared to the regular season, clear drop off in play. He has the best combo of physical gifts throwing the ball. Comparing them to basketball players, its like comparing Chamberlain, the guy with all the numbers and the stats, finally a ring, to a Jordan or more specifically a Bill Russell. Lets make no mistake, from a Physical standpoint Manning is superior in all standpoints. He just is a mental Midget. Brady out performs him in the playoffs(check the numbers), and is a more clutch and just flat out a better playoff quarterback than manning, and his shown that throughout both of there careers)

3. Palmer
4. dosent matter(Brady, Manning, Palmer are the 3 best qb's in the NFL, period its not close. Manning is just a better pure athlete, throwing and running believe it or not. Palmer is right behind him. Brady is the better leader, more clutch, and is a proven winner, probably getting his 4th ring this year. None of these guys are mobile obviously but what makes them special is they know when to run if they have to, or step up into the pocket. They know how to play QB the way it was ment to be play. They have masterd the position. Manning and Brady are first ballot hall of famers and will forever be linked, cant think of one without the other. Its like the marino/elway/montana's of the 80's clearly the best and when you remember one kinda remember the others too. I think this group can be like the Palmer has a few more years to prove it.)
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#27 » by CBS7 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:02 am

32. Rex Grossman
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#28 » by Icness » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:10 pm

Updated.
And again, this is for right now, not next year, not last year.
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Big Ben
6. Hasselbeck
7. Romo
8. Favre
9. Young, only because he just wins baby
10. Bulger, his lack of OL is killing him
11. Garcia, to my utter dismay
12. Schaub
13. Brees, trying too hard
14. Kitna, would be higher without the INTs
15. Delhomme
16. Eli Manning, looking better every week
17. Cutler
18. Campbell
19. Rivers, his QB rating has declined 4 months in a row
20. McNair, and Boller would probably be here too
21. Pennington
22. Garrard
23. Losman
24. Leinart, who has quietly regressed big-time
25. Huard
26. Derek Anderson
27. Trent Green, please retire already :pray:
28. Alex Smith
29. McCown
30. Joey
31. Grossman
32. T. Jackson
Reks
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#29 » by Reks » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:39 am

30.A. Smith
31.Grossman
32. My bad I'm stupid.

And how is Brett Favre only in 8th??
menflavor
easily the worst realgm screen name
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#30 » by CBS7 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:50 am

Hmm. Where to put Griese.

Obviously we should wait to see how he is in his first game but I'd say he'll be in the low 20s, maybe high teens.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#31 » by studcrackers » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:41 am

AIizdaking wrote:30.A. Smith
31.Grossman
32.Brees

And how is Brett Favre only in 8th??

this isnt 1996 who above him on the list should be lower?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
z_from_kc
Rookie
And1: 72

Post#32 » by z_from_kc » Sat Oct 6, 2007 6:10 pm

I'm willing to bet my boy Huard will be consensus top 12 by years end. Dwayne Bowe is getting better by the snap, and we have the best tight end ever in Tony Gonzalez, who has put up the best tight end numbers ever while NEVER having a top 10 league QB to throw him the ball (besides Gannon for a few games). Not to mentio Eddie Kennison will return tomorrow. People forget he was top 3 in the league in passer rating in his 7 starts last season in which he put up a 5-2 record.

Yes, he will indeed breakout this season.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#33 » by IrishRainbow » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:11 pm

Icness wrote:Updated.
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Big Ben
6. Hasselbeck
7. Romo
8. Favre

HUH?
:rofl:
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Big Ben
6. Hasselbeck
7. Romo
8. Favre

HUH?
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Big Ben
6. Hasselbeck
7. Romo
8. Favre

HUH?
thierry
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by thierry » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:39 pm

I don't understand how McNabb/Big Ben/Hasselbeck are considered better than Romo right now. The only QB's that I can say okay to being considered better are Brady/Manning/Palmer/Favre. Any lower than 5 doesn't make sense.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,080
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#35 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:53 pm

thierry wrote:I don't understand how McNabb/Big Ben/Hasselbeck are considered better than Romo right now. The only QB's that I can say okay to being considered better are Brady/Manning/Palmer/Favre. Any lower than 5 doesn't make sense.

So we are supposed to anoint him after some big game every week, but people aren't allowed to drop him when he throws 5 picks to the completely depleted Bills?

Convenient.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
thierry
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by thierry » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:02 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:So we are supposed to anoint him after some big game every week, but people aren't allowed to drop him when he throws 5 picks to the completely depleted Bills?

Convenient.

Every QB has a bad game.. he came back and played well against the Pats D, he is playing better than every QB in the league besides Brady/Manning and maybe Favre.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#37 » by deeney0 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:11 pm

Don't confuse Favre playing on a good team for Favre playing well.
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#38 » by Elway=GOAT » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:44 am

thierry wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Every QB has a bad game.. he came back and played well against the Pats D, he is playing better than every QB in the league besides Brady/Manning and maybe Favre.

Not really, he was decent. Nothing special, I would by no means call what he did playing well. He is still top 10, but he seems to be slipping.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,479

Post#39 » by Doctor MJ » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:03 pm

Elway=GOAT wrote:2. Manning(Outside of the unbelievable second half aginst the pats, he still under performs in the playoffs compared to the regular season, clear drop off in play. He has the best combo of physical gifts throwing the ball. Comparing them to basketball players, its like comparing Chamberlain, the guy with all the numbers and the stats, finally a ring, to a Jordan or more specifically a Bill Russell. Lets make no mistake, from a Physical standpoint Manning is superior in all standpoints. He just is a mental Midget.

Manning a mental midget? Wow. Your saying his playoff problems are mental, rather than that he's a moron, I presume?
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#40 » by Elway=GOAT » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:37 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Manning a mental midget? Wow. Your saying his playoff problems are mental, rather than that he's a moron, I presume?

Yes, Manning is with Brady as the smartest QB in the league. He reads defenses with the best of them. He has proven that, but watching him in the playoffs, its clear he is easily flustered. He looks like a deer in headlights. Watch his eyes and feet. He is clearly rattled in the playoffs, because you sure as hell do not see it in the regular season.

Although, this last year he did look alittle bit more calm. His happy feet, had calmed down alittle. He still didn't look like the QB in the regular season. Im not even talking about stats. Im just talking about the way he plays, the way he approaches, and just the little things in his game.

Its a clear diffrence. Just look at the little things, I dont know if you record alot of the games, or have access to his playoffs games. But if you can get a hold of them, watch and look. Hes the best regular season QB I have ever seen.

He has a better arm than Brady, read defense just as well. I think, Brady is the better leader, and game manager though. The guy is poised, keeps everyone calm, and everything under control. The dude is the definition of a field general.

Even Moss said that last week, he said even in practice Brady has them going 100% nobody takes plays off. Its the diffrence between the two. Manning from a pocket passing standpoint might be the best ever.

I think Elway is the best ever, in terms of everything arm, ability to run, and just destroy a defense. But the combo of Arm strength, accuracy, ability to read a defense, just those 3 things I have never seen someone as good as Manning, except Marino, but Manning can move around much better.

There is no reason, why this guy as good as he is in the regular season, as talented as he is, should perform the way he does in the playoffs. His defense has nothing to do with there inability to move the ball down the field, its him and his leadership abilitys and his mentality.

Return to Player Comparisons