Oklahoma City Thunder vs. L.A. Lakers 11/03/09

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Re: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. L.A. Lakers 11/03/09 

Post#41 » by The J Rocka » Wed Nov 4, 2009 5:26 am

Wolves fan here, just wanted to stop by and congratulate u guys on how ur team played tonite, nothing but positives to come this season
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 166

Post#42 » by wizkid27 » Wed Nov 4, 2009 5:52 am

Well... it's hard not to be encouraged by such a close game with a very good team. But then breaking it down and watching the details tonight, there's a lot of bad things that jump out... turnovers, bad shot selection, lack of ball movement, multiple-minute dry spells, etc.

It was a great game to watch, and I think anybody objectively evaluating our schedule at this point would have to say that 2-2 was the upside of the expectations 4 games into the season. I'll take 2-2 with a somewhat close loss in a poorly played game against POR and then an OT loss to LAL in a not-so-great game by Westbrook/Durant.
Ontario
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,100

Post#43 » by Ontario » Wed Nov 4, 2009 5:00 pm

Some people will be happy with this loss, but OKC should have closed this out, they were given every opportunity. Next day off nothing but split roster scrimmages mimicking 2:00 and under situations... do 50 of them!

What I really found frustrating though, aside from Kevin's shooting, was the amount of over dribbling Westbrook is doing, when you combine that with 4 other guys not moving around a whole lot without the ball there is no ball movement, no cutting to the basket, no open looks. Just a lot of jump shooting and one pass then done offense that really makes a lot of the game easy for the Lakers defense, also all that dribbling gives tons of opportunity for turnovers and Laker traps.

The Thunder hustled their way into a win then gave it right back. Hopefully they learn from this as the atmosphere was great it was a taste of what a playoff game might feel like down the stretch but anyone who says "great effort but that's why they're the champs" wasn't watching the same game as me.
If you do not know how good a basketball player Gary Payton was just go and stand near him for a little while, there's a good chance he'll come over and tell you. - Ahmad Rashad
Clangus
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#44 » by Clangus » Thu Nov 5, 2009 12:03 am

Yeah I dont see a close loss to the champs I see a missed opportunity.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder