ImageImageImage

Game 10 Lakers(6-1) Suns(8-1)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Blackfyre
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,498

Re: Game 10 Lakers(6-1) Suns(8-1) 

Post#421 » by Blackfyre » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:30 am

ginobiliflops wrote:We're on the verge of going 9-1 and silencing the faker bandwagon. It really can't get any better than that.

How did it feel ? 8-2 :lol: need a new banner `?
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#422 » by nashill » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:06 am

lakers defended the 3 point line very well. amare should have done the damage inside, but he didnt. well, i guess he is not yet 10 percent...

learning experience...
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#423 » by TASTIC » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:52 am

Kobe8Player wrote:
ginobiliflops wrote:We're on the verge of going 9-1 and silencing the faker bandwagon. It really can't get any better than that.

Any more of this trolling and there's going to be warnings or suspensions
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,426

Post#424 » by BurningHeart » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:34 pm

TASTIC wrote:
Kobe8Player wrote:

Any more of this trolling and there's going to be warnings or suspensions

I wish I had you to hand out suspensions in real life to the idiots I see and hear from each and every day.
The Chucker
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#425 » by The Chucker » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:45 pm

No surprise that they lost fatigue prevented them from making any of their shots.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#426 » by TASTIC » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:20 pm

^wasn't fatigue at all, they were ALL rested and were ready physically. We just got jumped on early and couldn't figure out how to keep Kobe and the big guy out from the inside

Artest didn't do much, same with Odom. We needed a guy like Lopez out there (yes, re-read that, I know what I said) because he at least can block/alter shots and has length to trouble Bynum.

Bynum basically stood there cherry picking offensive rebounds and he didn't even have to work.

I still don't get why we kept isolating Amare downlow, all he does is face up and struggle - they needed to pick and roll that team to death, not take jumpers.

Frye's a one trick pony, albeit a decent one and very good one for the price. I missed Dirty Kurty out there - at least he could do the old tricks on Bynum to frustrate him or get him in foul trouble.

A loss, but not one we weren't expecting. They're the champs, at home, and Bynum was a monster.

Other than Dudley and Lou (both, once again, were great off the bench), not many positives. We didn't get Richardson going early which he REALLY needs or he's prone to hiding, and Barbosa looked like a rookie out there...again. I'd be all for giving some money to Farmar to be Nash's replacement in a couple of years - he's a hell of an athlete, pushes the ball, and hounds on D. But I think he's a Laker for good and will be Fisher's replacement...
Never Fear 33 Is Here
Lead Assistant
And1: 60
Location: DP09 Brotherhood: NF33IH, -SDU-, TASTIC, nevetsov, KPCB34, Frank Lee, Miklo, Rodrizzle, Cash

Post#427 » by Never Fear 33 Is Here » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:30 pm

There is only one excuse................................game was shown on T.V. down here in Oz. :(
Props to Kerrsed for the sig
tossmyprotoss
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#428 » by tossmyprotoss » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:00 pm

Get Nashty wrote:
shortodom wrote:WOAH, Kobe's Jordan-esque? it's awsome to see kobe getting respect from another teams fans

Yeah, Jared Jordan.

Kobe will never be Michael Jordan, if anybody will come close to him it will be LeBron.

Kobe is a great player, but top 20 all time at best. And thats not coming from a Suns fan, thats coming from an NBA fan.

Kidding me Kobe is top 3 and I dont like to say that. And he still has some time, he will be dominating for another 5 years!
DFC Pride
tossmyprotoss
Freshman

Post#429 » by tossmyprotoss » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:01 pm

Never Fear 33 Is Here wrote:There is only one excuse................................game was shown on T.V. down here in Oz. :(

You cursed us the first time you said that LOL :x
DFC Pride
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#430 » by Mr. Sun » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:15 pm

TASTIC wrote:^wasn't fatigue at all, they were ALL rested and were ready physically. We just got jumped on early and couldn't figure out how to keep Kobe and the big guy out from the inside

Steve Nash: "We were a tired team; you know seven cities in ten days..."

Bynum: "I was able to rest over these last 5 or 6 days. That really helped me out."
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,923

Post#431 » by grumpysaddle » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:30 pm

^^^^^^^^

yeah, i was gonna say pretty much the same thing. 7 games in ten days in different cities will tire out anybody, i don't care if they are in their mid-thirties or mid-twenties. if the suns can keep up their level of play they have so far (barring tired performances in Orlando and LA) over the course of the beginning of the season, they should be top 4 in the west. one of the busiest, toughest, most on the road schedules in the nba to start off the season.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,186

Post#432 » by tsherkin » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Bgil wrote:I have a feeling that Kobe's fg% will be nuts this season. He was 13-21 tonight without taking a single three point shot. As long as Gasol doesn't crowd him out of the post I can see him setting a career high for fg%. If he cracks 50% I think he's a lock for MVP.

Damnit, I have to agree with Bgil now? ;) Yeah, yeah I actually have to agree with that entire paragraph.
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#433 » by justinb80 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:58 pm

This was not what I would consider a "real" game:

1) All of the scheduling nonsense we've talked about. Even if you want to say it's not an excuse (or shouldn't be), it is. We came into that game at such a disadvantage, it's not even funny and it's actually somewhat suspicious, but I'm not a anti-Stern conspiracy theorist.
2) Not a single player on the Suns played more than 25 minutes. Not sure if Gentry just realized the starters were going to be ineffectual all game, or if he just felt it wasn't worth killing them to try to win, but he threw in the white flag in the third quarter. Gentry decided that the last 15 minutes would be garbage time for the bench and rookies.

I'm not jumping off the Suns bandwagon already. It's tough being a sports fan in AZ. This state has the biggest group of fairweather fans I've ever seen. The Suns, Cardinals, and Diamondbacks have mostly fairweather fans. The hype machine either rolls or crashes.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,186

Post#434 » by tsherkin » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:25 pm

It's just one game and the Lakers have just been to consecutive Finals matches. They're good. They're easily one of the two best teams in the league over the past two seasons, and the best, last year.

They're better defensively, they have the kind of post presence that has historically dominated the Suns and they have an extremely efficient offensive set that is now also buoyed by Kobe's increased emphasis on post play.

Just nasty. They are the barrier, the huge mountain that EVERYONE has to climb this year, so I'm not super-worried about this game.
Cash
Veteran
And1: 18

Post#435 » by Cash » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:31 pm

No surprises in this game. Suns were tired, Lakers are really good, plus rested and at home, Violet Palmer is crazy incompetent, etc. No big deal.
Robert Sarver: "Hey Suns fans, how's my a** taste?"
impulsenine
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#436 » by impulsenine » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:39 pm

I love Nash forever for his goggles gesture.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#437 » by JohnVancouver » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:18 pm

tsherkin wrote:Who else is beginning to see my point about this team's defense? And about shooting slumps affecting the team?

I think we all knew you were right - if you live and die by the jumper, you *really* live or die by the 3 ball.
This is a very inspiring, overachieving team, capable of beating better teams on any night. That's what we are - over the course of a season we may get better. If the team is playing well enough maybe Sarver will add a piece to really improve the team.

Even without Gasol they're shutting us down. Tired is a factor, sure but it's really just the simple truth that they're a better team. They should be - defending champs and all.

Screw this game - one out of 82. We got time to get better and already better than we had any right to expect.
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
JohnVancouver
General Manager

Post#438 » by JohnVancouver » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:22 pm

shortodom wrote:WOAH, Kobe's Jordan-esque? it's awsome to see kobe getting respect from another teams fans

No-one ever disrespected his skill, just his general dickishness. Which to be fair he seems to be working on

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

JohnVancouver
General Manager

Post#439 » by JohnVancouver » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:26 pm

Sunsman44 wrote:Yes. Really.

Lakers are too good. Way too good. Probably the most talented team ever assembled in the history of NBA professional teams. Better than the 90s Bulls, the 80s Celtics, and even the Showtime Lakers themselves from back in the day -------> all this without the starting forward Gasol.

Wow.

you really need to use the green type for stuff like this or people will think you're serious

JohnVancouver
General Manager

Post#440 » by JohnVancouver » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:29 pm

Get Nashty wrote:
Sunsman44 wrote:Yes. Really.

Lakers are too good. Way too good. Probably the most talented team ever assembled in the history of NBA professional teams. Better than the 90s Bulls, the 80s Celtics, and even the Showtime Lakers themselves from back in the day -------> all this without the starting forward Gasol.

Wow.

All of this is false. They aren't even the best team in the league this year. They have a well balanced starting 5 but NO bench, which is why they played their starters until they were up 20 with 8 minutes left in the game even though they've been up 20 almost the entire 2nd half. Saying they are better then the teams you mentioned is just an insult to those teams, and the NBA in general.

+1
I saw those teams play, also the West/Wilt Lakers and Detroit with Laimbeer, Isiah etc.
All of them would take this squad and the Bird Celtics and Showtime lakers would embarass them.

Return to Phoenix Suns