ImageImageImage

Miami vs Portland -- Sun -- 6pm

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Re: Miami vs Portland -- Sun -- 6pm 

Post#181 » by CoolD » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:38 am

Am not that worried about Beasley, if Beasley was on the floor, but Wade is going to get all pissy and take every shot, we are going to lose an have the same outcome.
It was the fact Wade wasn't able to execute, people could say is he doesn't have help, but Wade likes to take shots down the stretch.
Brandon Roy was playing like a badass, Is hard to defend the guy, because the guy is quick as hell in a deceptive kind of way.

Also give Portland credit, they stuck around, we had a mini meltdown, and they come out winners.
That is how you win games, you simply stay in the game, and make a run in the most critical moment.

Am honestly more bother by the fans, they are the worst in the league.
Some teams are able to get way more calls, because the fans are able to bully the refs into stupid calls. That is what homecourt advantage is all about, something we don't have.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,578

Post#182 » by fishfuego. » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:41 am

S-poop is not using Wade and Beasley as a combo the right way.. no way a guy with as much talent as Beasley can't attract part of the double team away from Wade.. BAD COACHING!
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#183 » by Wade2k6 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:42 am

Well Wade needs to get his head out of his ass and see that Haslem is not this teams future PF and should be getting 20 minutes a game, not 30-35 minutes a game. Beasley needs to be on the floor for 35+ minutes a game no matter what (with the majority of the time being at PF, not SF), unless he is playing very bad. He is easily and clearly this teams 2nd best player.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,088

Post#184 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:42 am

I love the comparison of Spoelstra to Dave Wannstedt, same coach, different sport. Wannstedt is the crappy watered down version of Jimmy Johnson, Spo is the crappy watered down version of Riley, both barely able to get anything done with teams handed to them by the former coach.

We are going to need a new coach next year. I wonder if Riley still has an OK relationship with JVG, I'd love to see him here.
Miami's Finest
Starter
And1: 0

Post#185 » by Miami's Finest » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:43 am

I wish the media would start pointing it out and asking him about it. We were destroyed once he made his coaching move and pulled Beasley but it's somehow not an issue at all?
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#186 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:46 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:I love the comparison of Spoelstra to Dave Wannstedt, same coach, different sport. Wannstedt is the crappy watered down version of Jimmy Johnson, Spo is the crappy watered down version of Riley, both barely able to get anything done with teams handed to them by the former coach.

We are going to need a new coach next year. I wonder if Riley still has an OK relationship with JVG, I'd love to see him here.

Besides being the appointed one by Riley, what has he proven? Dave Wannstedt was the same thing for Jimmy. People kept giving him the benefit of the doubt since he was appointed by a proven coach. It took years and lots of loses for the front office to notice the he was not cut out to be coach. I just hope its sooner rather then later for the Heat.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#187 » by Hallstar » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:46 am

Spoelstra's a moron, no doubt about it
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,998

Post#188 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:49 am

Wade2k6 wrote:Well Wade needs to get his head out of his ass and see that Haslem is not this teams future PF and should be getting 20 minutes a game, not 30-35 minutes a game. Beasley needs to be on the floor for 35+ minutes a game no matter what (with the majority of the time being at PF, not SF), unless he is playing very bad. He is easily and clearly this teams 2nd best player.

That one of the main reasons i love Tmac trade, to get rid of Haslem/JJ and sadly Q who is actually playing good. Haslem thanks to Spo has become a negative to this team
fishfuego.
General Manager

Post#189 » by fishfuego. » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:54 am

Miami's Finest wrote:I wish the media would start pointing it out and asking him about it. We were destroyed once he made his coaching move and pulled Beasley but it's somehow not an issue at all?

The sports media just like the NBA officials are a controlled product...or did you not see how the calls were nicely flowing in Portlands direction towards the end of the game..the Heat could not buy a call to save the planet.. coincidence? lets keep believing that

The media verifies and pick its topics.. and of corse, gets them approved.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#190 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:59 am

Spo must really know how to burn a DVD.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,088

Post#191 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:01 am

Here's the issue... tonight was a lose-lose.

If you play Beasley at the end of the game, but we still can't pull it out, at least you get growth out of your 2nd best player, and experience.

If you don't play Beasley, but we win, you don't get anything out of Mike but at least you're 1 game better.

If you don't play Beasley and you lose... you get nothing. No experience for the future. No win for the present. And honestly, even Haslem can't be too happy, he's all about winning, not himself.
CoolD
Lead Assistant

Post#192 » by CoolD » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:03 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
CoolD wrote:But down the stretch, Wade was taking every shot.
When Wade got swated by Przybilla, which was a clean block to add, he started to go in his pissy moods.
Wade looked like he became distracted just because of one call.

Am not even sure it was Beasley sub, it was Chalmers on the floor, he basically just stood there, if Wade is going to dribble the ball, why even have Chalmers, if Andre is going to abuse him.

Though we played overall well, Portland played pretty good to add.

Heat's crowd is the worst in the league hands down, what a lame bunch.

Wade was taking every shot because we took the only other guy who can create shots out, his name is Michael Beasley. And he was playing very good tonight.

Haslem gave us nothing at the end, nothing. Don't even try to blame Chalmers, because Arroyo sucked tonight too, and so did Wright.

There is 1 move that could've made the difference in those last 5 minutes, and that is Beasley in the game instead of Haslem.

Chalmers was getting killed by Andre when he was defending him.
Then Wade was taking the ball from one side to another, so why have Chalmers in, he is a weak defender on Andre, and wasn't even taking the ball to the other side.
Wade always takes every shot down the stretch, doesn't matter if Beasley or Haslem is in the game.

Also people are forgetting, it wasnt the sub for Beasley, it was Brandon Roy lighting us up.
If you think Beasley was going to defend Brandon Roy and shut him down, I will say stupid coaching decision, but even if Beasley was in the game, Wade would have taken the shots, and missed, Roy makes the shots and Portland wins, same outcome.
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#193 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:04 am

Spo, in no means, can't just be the coach of that 2010 team. Byron Scott? Jeff Van Gundy? I'll take anyone over this clown. Absolutely a BIG joke.

This is so hard to swallow, especially for Q. I don't blame any player at all, this ones on Spo, all of my 10 fingers. I agree with the dude who said he probably has U in his fantasy team. No other reason I can't think of other than that. NOTHING ELSE.
:hug:
Flash4thewin
RealGM

Post#194 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:05 am

The one thing that has me openly wondering what the heck is going on here is that Wade has allot more say on Spo substitutions than what we realize. I know it sounds crazy but sometimes it seems Wade is some how threatened by Beasley playing great, like if in some crazy way it minimized Wade so he wants to be the "hero" of the game and gets Haslem subbed in. If this happens with Beasley i can only imagine what would happen if we get Bosh/Amare.
Flash4thewin
RealGM

Post#195 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:07 am

CoolD wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
CoolD wrote:But down the stretch, Wade was taking every shot.
When Wade got swated by Przybilla, which was a clean block to add, he started to go in his pissy moods.
Wade looked like he became distracted just because of one call.

Am not even sure it was Beasley sub, it was Chalmers on the floor, he basically just stood there, if Wade is going to dribble the ball, why even have Chalmers, if Andre is going to abuse him.

Though we played overall well, Portland played pretty good to add.

Heat's crowd is the worst in the league hands down, what a lame bunch.

Wade was taking every shot because we took the only other guy who can create shots out, his name is Michael Beasley. And he was playing very good tonight.

Haslem gave us nothing at the end, nothing. Don't even try to blame Chalmers, because Arroyo sucked tonight too, and so did Wright.

There is 1 move that could've made the difference in those last 5 minutes, and that is Beasley in the game instead of Haslem.

Chalmers was getting killed by Andre when he was defending him.
Then Wade was taking the ball from one side to another, so why have Chalmers in, he is a weak defender on Andre, and wasn't even taking the ball to the other side.
Wade always takes every shot down the stretch, doesn't matter if Beasley or Haslem is in the game.

Also people are forgetting, it wasnt the sub for Beasley, it was Brandon Roy lighting us up.
If you think Beasley was going to defend Brandon Roy and shut him down, I will say stupid coaching decision, but even if Beasley was in the game, Wade would have taken the shots, and missed, Roy makes the shots and Portland wins, same outcome.

The defense would have to stay on Beasley thus giving Wade an easier time to make his shots. That not to say Wade would actually make them but they would be easier shots.
CoolD
Lead Assistant

Post#196 » by CoolD » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:10 am

Wade had easy shots, open three pointer, one and one iso on Aldridge, layup, that he thought was a goaltend, every shot was easy for Wade.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,602

Post#197 » by DayofMourning » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:19 am

Wade has gone from being an organized efficient player who picked his spots last year to one who forces shots and stalls the offense.

He isn't fun to watch anymore. This has been his worst season for me so far.

Team USA helped him play in a team while knowing how to dominate. This year he's out of shape and stubbornly inefficient.

I like watching team oriented play, not one on five. Fix your head Wade.
fishfuego.
General Manager

Post#198 » by fishfuego. » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:23 am

On another note, for the poster that stated that the Heat has the worst fans crowd wise, isn't that the ugly truth.. the league pulls for the teams that are creating a healthy dose of revenue..as a business who are you going to promote the team with 20,000 fans every night or the team with 11,000.. the calls will go to were the money demands..the Heat are doomed
Miami's Finest
Starter
And1: 0

Post#199 » by Miami's Finest » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:25 am

When you take out the only other scoring option you're forcing 1 v 5 offense.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,602

Post#200 » by DayofMourning » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:30 am

^^^
It would benefit Wade to let his teammates have some shots instead of pounding the ball on the hardwood for 15 seconds of the shot clock before shooting a fadeaway jumper that he is going to miss.

He's forcing the one on five offense. Bad basketball.

Funny, when Wade is out the ball moves around so much better and the team can get on some good runs with mediocre talent.

Return to Miami Heat