Peyton or Tom?

Who do you think is better?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:59 am

Total votes: 0

Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#41 » by Elway=GOAT » Mon Nov 5, 2007 4:04 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:^^ Lol, it's funny that you always say that, he played well until the Patriots had guys hanging all over him, and Brady played bad until they kept guys off him.

I'm chalking that win up to coaching, not to Tom outplaying Peyton :dontknow:

The coaches didnt, make Manning pull a Manning, scrambling around not knowing what to do, and fumbling the ball.

I never made the statement that Brady out played Manning, judging by the game as a whole he did though, but thats beside the point.

The point is, especially the last two drives, you saw Manning get happy feet, and made bad decisions when it matterd. Brady stood in the pocket, and was calm and poise.

Its good to see New England got over on the Colts, and the refs in this one.

EDIT: I think the Pats came in with a terrible game plan. Trying to establish the run for some reason. When they finally decided to play there game, they broke it open in the 4th. I look for a convincing victory next game.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#42 » by J.Kim » Thu Nov 8, 2007 2:13 pm

Elway=GOAT wrote:EDIT: I think the Pats came in with a terrible game plan. Trying to establish the run for some reason. When they finally decided to play there game, they broke it open in the 4th. I look for a convincing victory next game.

???

I thought they came in with a great plan, but just that it wasn't executed as well because Freeney and Mathis were giving Brady no time to scan the field.
They had a steady mix of runs and passes going, attacking the seams with the pass, and using draws, delays and (to a lesser extent) playfakes to run the ball instead of straight up runs.

As I indicated in the pre-game thread:

What you do instead, to have success, is mix up these things:
- Within a run formation, you play-action into a short out pattern to your TE or your WR
- Run a few draw Plays up the gut, preferring the left side where Dwight Freeney is
- Make sure that your WRs/TEs run accurate short out patterns
- Make sure that your WRs/TEs run fast and accurate mid post patterns
- A really really really really fast WR who can beast opposing CBs/Ss deep.

And the Patriots DID do that, its just that Freeney and Mathis made this gameplan harder to execute.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#43 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu Nov 8, 2007 2:44 pm

Yeah, I don
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#44 » by Elway=GOAT » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:04 am

J.Kim wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And the Patriots DID do that, its just that Freeney and Mathis made this gameplan harder to execute.

Watching the game, reminded me of a run dominate team with a hall of fame tailback, and an average QB. The opposing team comes into the game stacking the box. So, instead of playing to there strength and what makes them so good, they start passing the ball.

New England tried to force the run, for the first 2 1/2-3 quarters. Finally when it wasnt working, they went to the quick reads, which is what they should of done from the start. When they did finally start doing that, at the end of the game. They looked as unstoppable as always.

The New England receivers are way to good, and way to big, to be shut down by a bunch of 5'8-5'9 db's the Colts have running around out there. Obviously the defense is fast, but extremely undersized and I was surprised the Pats didnt take advantage of that till the last 2 drives of the 4th quarter.

PS: WTF is up with Manning? This might be the worst stretch of games he has had throughout his career. Does Harrison really make that much of a diffrence? Since Harrison has been out the last 4-5 games Manning has not looked good at all. Granted, I know now, hes missing other key players but damn. Really is shocking to me.
Elway=GOAT
Analyst

Post#45 » by Elway=GOAT » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:14 am

Basketball Jesus wrote:Yeah, I don
Harry10
Banned User

Post#46 » by Harry10 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:55 am

will Brady officially be the best QB in the NFL once Brady gets Mannings' single season TD record, highest single season QB rating, and also breaks the Completion Percentage record?
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,479

Post#47 » by Doctor MJ » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:00 am

Harry10 wrote:will Brady officially be the best QB in the NFL once Brady gets Mannings' single season TD record, highest single season QB rating, and also breaks the Completion Percentage record?

Speaking only for myself, if Brady continues what he's done through the playoffs resulting in a ring, Brady will be ahead of Manning in every way I can think of (better right now, better peak, better clutch, better career).
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#48 » by greenbeans » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:29 am

Harry10 wrote:will Brady officially be the best QB in the NFL once Brady gets Mannings' single season TD record, highest single season QB rating, and also breaks the Completion Percentage record?

not just now, but hes in the top 3 All-time, hes moved onto bigger and better things than middle-American idol
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,479

Post#49 » by Doctor MJ » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:50 pm

greenbeans wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

not just now, but hes in the top 3 All-time, hes moved onto bigger and better things than middle-American idol

So he's not ahead of Manning but he's already top 3 all-time?
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#50 » by greenbeans » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:44 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So he's not ahead of Manning but he's already top 3 all-time?
NOOOOOOOOOOO, i dont know how i made that sound that way, but i meant that hes not only top qb now, but hes top3 all time. i need to go read some books or something because whatever i say isnt oming out right
Harry10
Banned User

Post#51 » by Harry10 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:49 am

most people give it to Manning, because of his career and body of work, but what numbers would Brady have if he had Harrison throughout his whole career (not to mention, Faulk, James, and Addai)?
Yangsing
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#52 » by Yangsing » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:57 pm

Brady.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,565

Post#53 » by hermes » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:09 pm

tom brady
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Post#54 » by Bleeding Blue » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:22 am

I think Tom Brady is a great quarterback, but I have to go with Manning.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#55 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:42 pm

I would love to get Brady on the Eagles and would trade pretty much anything for him including Westbrook.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
A.J.
Banned User

Post#56 » by A.J. » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:00 pm

peyton
dixava
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#57 » by dixava » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:16 pm

ColtsFan02 wrote:I think Tom Brady is a great quarterback, but I have to go with Manning.

Return to Player Comparisons