Al Horford's Trade Value

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Re: Al Horford's Trade Value 

Post#21 » by GopherIt! » Thu Apr 1, 2010 8:13 pm

Big Al Jefferson maybe?
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#22 » by old rem » Fri Apr 2, 2010 5:22 am

azuresou1 wrote:Al Horford's value is rather high - he's a high character PF/C with very good basketball IQ, passing, defense, and rebounding, who also has leadership qualities. He's also gotten better every year.

All that..yet...is he really a PF or a C? He's mostly played C but has more PF skills. He's a very good player..but the numbers just don't say "Star".
CENSORED... No comment.
longfellow44
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#23 » by longfellow44 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 7:03 am

I think the kings could offer a nice package of assets for horford.

Kings offer
kings 1st
Donte Greene or omri casspi
for
al horford
Marvin Williams.

This trade saves the hawks a lot of money immediately they also get a sf to replace the production they were getting from Marvin and they get a likely top 5 pick that they could use to replace horford. This trade also allows them to resign JJ without much trouble because of their much lower salary. I could see the hawks going after favors or aldrich who would both be nice compliments to the roster.

The kings do this because they improve a lot now. Taking on Marvin is a little bit of a hit but he would be nice to have with his overall size and athletic ability. Horford is a perfect pf for the kings his ability to pass defend and take the ball inside would be a nice compliment to Evans. Thompson and landry fight it out for the spots behind hawes and horford landry likely wins and Thompson gets traded for additional help in the back court.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#24 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Apr 2, 2010 8:05 am

I don't see the Kings offering that if it's Casspi and I don't think that the Hawks would move both Horford and Williams, pieces of their core.

A more realistic Kings deal would be Thompson or Hawes, Greene, and a swap of 1st rounders for Horford.
Hook24
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Hook24 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 8:29 am

You people can't be serious.

We're talking about a 23 year old All-Star center averaging 14/10/1 on 56% shooting and 77% from the free throw line. He is the best post defender on a contending team. His offensive game is rapidly developing (including an automatic mid-range jumper that he added this year). His numbers have improved each of his three years in the league.

Gortat? Blatche? Omri freakin' Casspi? I have to assume these offers are jokes.

SacKingZZZ wrote:I don't see the Kings offering that if it's Casspi and I don't think that the Hawks would move both Horford and Williams, pieces of their core.

A more realistic Kings deal would be Thompson or Hawes, Greene, and a swap of 1st rounders for Horford.

longfellow44 wrote:I think the kings could offer a nice package of assets for horford.

Kings offer
kings 1st
Donte Greene or omri casspi
for
al horford
Marvin Williams.

These 2 are my favorites, for pure entertainment value.

In the first one, I like how you include a swap of first rounders, as though it wouldn't be fair for the Kings to lose a pick in the deal.

Also, LMAO at Donte Greene and a 1st round pick as a "nice package of assets" for Horford AND Marvin Williams.

If you Kings fans want to get realistic - any discussion of a Horford deal would start with Tyreke Evans (and even then only if Joe Johnson walks this summer). Outside of Evans, your team simply doesn't have the talent to make an offer.

As a side note, I know this is a trade value thread, but why would the Hawks want to break up the best young frontcourt in the league? Horford and Smith are 23 and 24 years old, they're averaging a combined 30 pts/20 rebs/3.5 blocks and have helped lead the Hawks to a 50 win season. Atlanta would have to be really blown away by an offer to break up this duo.

Keep that in mind before proposing a deal with Marcin Gortat or Donte Greene as the centerpiece.
longfellow44
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#26 » by longfellow44 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 8:56 am

^^^As to the kings trade that I posted I think your missing out on the fact that the pick is likely a top 5 pick I think your also missing out on the fact that the team gains something like 7 million of pure capspace. They completely overpayed Marvin last year and this trade gets them out of that.

I think you should look at the kings trade as it truly is.
Derrick Favors
Donte Greene
7 mil TPE
for
Horford
Marvin
Hook24
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Hook24 » Fri Apr 2, 2010 9:45 am

longfellow44 wrote:^^^As to the kings trade that I posted I think your missing out on the fact that the pick is likely a top 5 pick I think your also missing out on the fact that the team gains something like 7 million of pure capspace. They completely overpayed Marvin last year and this trade gets them out of that.

I think you should look at the kings trade as it truly is.
Derrick Favors
Donte Greene
7 mil TPE
for
Horford
Marvin

I wasn't missing out on those things. It's just a ridiculously awful trade for the Hawks.

Like I said, unless the deal involves Tyreke Evans, Atlanta doesn't even consider an offer for Horford. Obviously the Kings want to build around Evans since they traded Kevin Martin, so there's no way Horford is going to SAC, plain and simple.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#28 » by N.O.R.E. » Fri Apr 2, 2010 11:54 am

Why would the Hawks deal Horford for an unproven rookie? Its not like they want to dump Marvin anyway. I don't see the Hawks wanting to deal Horford unless they get Wall for him and then deal JJ for a C (Kaman, etc).

Return to Trades and Transactions