Subforum to be removed

Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Subforum to be removed 

Post#1 » by Gek » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Discuss.
Last edited by bwgood77 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit subject of last post - subforum to be removed.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
Gek
RealGM

Re: March Madness 

Post#2 » by Gek » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:13 am

Poor Jimmer.
#teamhermes
Gek
RealGM

Post#3 » by Gek » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:13 am

My bracket is screwed, I had Pitt winning. No final four teams left :(.

Damn big east.
#teamhermes
Gek
RealGM

Post#4 » by Gek » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:14 am

I can't believe Florida.

How do you lose by 9 in over time?
#teamhermes
Gek
RealGM

Post#5 » by Gek » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:15 am

I think Kemba can pull Uconn to the victory. What do you all think?
#teamhermes
Gek
RealGM

Post#6 » by Gek » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:16 am

I'm bummed this forum didn't take off. I like the push towards more types of basketball, but really? One thread would do to start, then break down to major conferences over time and so on as it grows.
#teamhermes
Gek
RealGM

Post#7 » by Gek » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:17 am

I feel like the mods should try to promote these bizarre forums down here more. I don't get why this is here, no one has ever posted here. I have half the posts here in this thread alone. Think guys. Think.
#teamhermes
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#8 » by el loco » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:56 am

I still have UK, KU, and Florida left. I probably should have had UConn, but went against them even though my brain was telling me not to :lol:
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#9 » by J~Rush » Tue Apr 5, 2011 6:50 am

I should have picked Uconn
e
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,162

Post#10 » by ElectricMayhem » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:03 am

I'm glad the tournament has its own forum now. The tournament thread keeps getting lost in the flurry of new topics on the NCAA board. I'm hoping we eventually get a separate forum for each individual round, but for now I'm satisfied with the progress.

The Marquette games have both been great watches, even though I wanted them to lose both.

As a Spartan fan, I was really impressed with Payne today. He was dominant when needed on offense, and especially on defense. The stats don't tell how good his post D was today. I don't really see this Spartan team as being championship material, but I don't know who exactly is championship material this year.

EDIT: So I just replied to posts from 2 thousand effin eleven. That's why they don't make any sense. Oh well, I'll talk about the tournament all by myself here. Once again, I've iterated it and now I'll reiterate it....I LOVE that the tournament has its own forum. This was so necessary.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Post#11 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:47 am

Hey zombies, mummies, and the rest of the undead lurking in the depths of RealGM's dungeon. How about that shot by Craft to knock out Iowa State. Schadenfreude! Yes, I'm happy to see the deserter (Korie Lucious) get knocked out. Craft really showed a feel for the court with his play drawing the late charge and being just behind the line for the dagger 3. Well played, Mr. Craft.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Post#12 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:53 am

And how about Florida Gulf Coast, the darlings of the NCAA? They certainly deserve the love and adoration of us basketball fans, but I don't know about calling them a Cinderella. Cinderella was the object of the prince's sexual desire and I just feel uncomfortable referring to a basketball team that way. No, I'm not homophobic or anything - I'm one of the 58% that supports gay marriage, and if the prince is attracted to Sherwood Brown's long locks, well who could blame him? I just have to question the aptness of the metaphor, that's all.

ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Post#13 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:54 am

Any chance Creighton can drop Duke? I'm eagerly awaiting your opinions and insights.

ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Post#14 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:59 am

I'm glad you asked. Creighton doesn't have a MFin' chance against Duke.

ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Post#15 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:15 am

NCAA.com - Why you gotta shut out your international audience? The US doesn't even need the game online, they have it on TV. You're killing us here!

ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Post#16 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:17 am

They referred me to their FAQ on the situation:

Why can’t I view live video from outside of the US?

Because F*** you, that's why.

Sheesh. I didn't expect them to be so direct.

ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Post#17 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:20 am

I can't even find the LaSalle game through more nefarious means...

Oh well. Speaking of LaSalle, they seduced me something fierce around 2nd grade. They were something like 28-2 and at that time I had no concept of major conferences. I was like, what the hell were they thinking giving LaSalle a 14 seed, or whatever they were? I picked them to win the championship that year. Needless to say I didn't win any office pools that year. Partly because I didn't work in an office...

ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Post#18 » by ElectricMayhem » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Do Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery have something going on, on the side? I haven't even watched that much basketball, but I've heard lots of innuendo from them...Examples:

Verne: I wouldn't want to be around him at 11:00 at night.
Bill: Well, I'd rather be around you.

Bill: He's been watching videos of Russel Westbrook and Dwyane Wade in the offseason.
Verne: It's not exactly the videos you've been watching.
Bill: Now, don't go there.

Bill: He had a triple double in his playing days here.
Verne: You had your own triple double last night.
Bill: We're not going to talk about that.

Bert & Ernie, Frog & Toad, Verne & Bill?

ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Post#19 » by ElectricMayhem » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:06 am

I've iterated it before, and I'll iterate it again (wish we had a word for that).....I love that we have this forum. It's great having a place to share insights and information on all of the tournament teams. I love going back through this thread and reliving all of our arguments and discussions. It's wonderful that this isn't just an echo chamber - you've been calling me out when I deserve it, really forcing me to formulate my thoughts clearly and refine my debate skills. I know it's kind of corny to say, but all of you in this NCAA Tournaments forum have become sort of like family to me (except that you actually listen to what I say, lol). I don't mean to get all sappy in a basketball forum, I just wanted to lay that out there.

ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Post#20 » by ElectricMayhem » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:38 pm

It is said that a master farmer can picture the final fruit just by studying the intricacies of the seed, the fertility of the ground, and a knowledge of the local climate. He can tell whether the seed will come to bear fruit that is succulent or dry, smooth and bulbous, or lumpy, whether the tree will be bountiful or barren.

Likewise, I was able to read the seed and I saw that Michigan State's tourney fruit was devoid of succulence - a dry, dying fruit clinging to its withered vine. The ground was infertile, the climate hostile, and it was simply competing with more robust seeds, like when an old world seed gets swallowed up by a hostile Monsanto strain. As long as Michigan State has a pomicultural savant such as Izzo tending to its orchards, the seasons of high-yield life-infused crops will be aplenty. Alas, even the greatest of farmers must bear down and tighten their belts when nature conspires against. You can bet he is already looking into the soul of next year's seeds and imagining what fruit will transpire.

Return to NCAA Tournaments