ImageImage

Was anyone listening to Woelful on the radio today?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Blockedshot
Rookie
And1: 9

Re: Was anyone listening to Woelful on the radio today? 

Post#41 » by Blockedshot » Sat Jun 4, 2011 1:28 pm

WRau1 wrote:Trading Bogut for Gasol would be pointless. Gasol is the better player but that wouldn't translate to any more W's then what this team w/ Bogut would get.

So in other words hes not a better player?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#42 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jun 4, 2011 1:44 pm

Maybe it's the Wild Turkey talking but Maybe Jennings/Ersan #10 could work for Gasol. If they on-traded #10 for Varejao they'd run:
Jennings
Kobe
Artest
Odom/Ersan/AV
Bynum/AV

Jennings would idolise Kobe and spend all summer working on his game with him and they'd contend again. We'd have to find a bunch of cheap shooters to work our version of the early Duncan Spurs.
X/Dooling
Salmons/X
Delfino/X/Maggette
Gasol/Gooden
Bogut/Gasol
:D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,458

Post#43 » by Matches Malone » Sat Jun 4, 2011 2:32 pm

hurtem wrote:Although the talent adds up, I think the Bucks would need to keep the 10th pick to add a PG. Send LRMAM, Jennings, and Ersan. Then we can pick a PG at 10. I'm not content marching Dooling starting at PG to get Gasol at PF.

What point guard would you even draft at 10? There wouldn't be anything of value at the 10 spot. If your thinking Jimmer please just stop right there because I don't want anything to do with Jimmer running our point guard spot in his rookie season. If you want a point guard out of this draft your going to have to trade up to get one or trade down OR trade the pick for a point guard that's already in the league. I'd rather take my chances and select a guy like Burks, Morris or Biyombo and try and get a serviceable replacement for Jennings in Free Agency or trade. Other than that I also would welcome a trade down into the late first and pick up Nolan Smith. I think Smith is going to be a very good player. Maybe not superstar but the glue that holds a team together.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
BC_
Head Coach
And1: 10

Post#44 » by BC_ » Sat Jun 4, 2011 3:57 pm

Unfortunately it's the Wild Turkey talking.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#45 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Jun 4, 2011 7:38 pm

El Duderino wrote:
I can more envision Kobe eventually snapping and ringing Jennings neck after a 3-16 shooting night by Brandon, and where in crunch time he threw up an ugly 10 foot floater that only gets backboard, while Kobe is standing wide open on the wing.

That was my exact thought as soon as I thought of Baddy playing like he did last season next to Kobe :lol:
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
hurtem
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#46 » by hurtem » Sat Jun 4, 2011 8:27 pm

What point guard would you even draft at 10? There wouldn't be anything of value at the 10 spot. If your thinking Jimmer please just stop right there because I don't want anything to do with Jimmer running our point guard spot in his rookie season. If you want a point guard out of this draft your going to have to trade up to get one or trade down OR trade the pick for a point guard that's already in the league. I'd rather take my chances and select a guy like Burks, Morris or Biyombo and try and get a serviceable replacement for Jennings in Free Agency or trade. Other than that I also would welcome a trade down into the late first and pick up Nolan Smith. I think Smith is going to be a very good player. Maybe not superstar but the glue that holds a team together.

Who knows who's still available at #10, but at least there is the option of Alec Burks, Fredette, or Darius Morris. Lakers would at least have to send back Steve Blake. What does Gasol add if the team doesn't have a PG? We'd still be a player short. I guess we could look and see who's available? Oh look Earl Boykins and Earl Watson. Hey Earl and Earl, we only have 2 dollars but if you will play for that we'll let you start.
hoops_32
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#47 » by hoops_32 » Sat Jun 4, 2011 8:33 pm

Interesting rumor to say the least. Lakers would need to get back the #10 pick to even consider doing it. I could see them doing this to try and get more athletic and younger and be able to contend in the future also with a core of Jennings,Bynum, and #10 pick.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#48 » by raferfenix » Sat Jun 4, 2011 8:42 pm

I don't necessarily see the Bucks needing to deal the 10 pick for Gasol. This is because Jennings would be dramatically more likely to blow up in LA playing alongside Kobe than anywhere else.

He'd actually work to improve in the summer rather than only to get his name out there. If the Bucks see that he is not putting in the work and / or realize he's not willing to here, we need to bail on him, even if it means he'll make it somewhere else.

I'd be most excited for a front court of Bogut, Gasol, and Moute being able to shut down any team from being able to get into the paint----no team would be more equipped to defend the Heat than us.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#49 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jun 4, 2011 9:26 pm

Jennings plus Ersan for Pau is an absolute no brainer trade. I cannot see the Lakers doing it.

I am not sure about adding #10 though. I guess I hope that we get a better player than Ersan at 10. Though you never know....could easily get a worse player. Plus we would need at PG and 10 is the best bet for that.
Giannis
is
UponUs
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#50 » by aboveAverage » Sat Jun 4, 2011 9:53 pm

WIth our draft record, I would throw in the pick without thinking twice about it.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#51 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Jun 4, 2011 10:48 pm

hurtem wrote:Who knows who's still available at #10, but at least there is the option of Alec Burks, Fredette, or Darius Morris. Lakers would at least have to send back Steve Blake. What does Gasol add if the team doesn't have a PG? We'd still be a player short. I guess we could look and see who's available? Oh look Earl Boykins and Earl Watson. Hey Earl and Earl, we only have 2 dollars but if you will play for that we'll let you start.

You do know Bogut would tear Blake in two before they could even get to pre-season right?
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#52 » by RiotPunch » Sat Jun 4, 2011 11:12 pm

If we could somehow hang onto #10, grab Burks and then grab Morris in the 2nd, that would be fantastic. Then sign a guy like Telfair or Sessions in FA. Trusting Telfair / Burks / Morris with the ball isn't the most ideal situation, but I think it could definitely work.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
speedingtime
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#53 » by speedingtime » Sat Jun 4, 2011 11:24 pm

Woelfel's just teasing us. I bet he's reading this thread and laughing to himself...
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#54 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Jun 5, 2011 1:55 am

:roll: ...
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#55 » by AussieBuck » Sun Jun 5, 2011 2:19 am

manchild wrote:Unfortunately it's the Wild Turkey talking.

On reflection I think you're right. I'm not going to post that on the Lakers board. :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Blockedshot
Rookie
And1: 9

Post#56 » by Blockedshot » Sun Jun 5, 2011 4:07 am

El Duderino wrote:I can more envision Kobe eventually snapping and ringing Jennings neck after a 3-16 shooting night by Brandon, and where in crunch time he threw up an ugly 10 foot floater that only gets backboard, while Kobe is standing wide open on the wing.

:lol:

For some reaon I just keep thinking of this

Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#57 » by Prince12 » Sun Jun 5, 2011 5:19 am

Jennings and Ersan would be a steal and a half for Pau. If we could do it and keep #10 to get burks I'd be thrilled. Bogut and Pau would be dominance. Of course I feel we are all dreaming!
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#58 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 5, 2011 2:18 pm

Our problem again comes back to salary cap. Pau is due to make 18, 19 and 20 million.

Jennings and Ersan add up to about 5 million. Even if you assume the CBA is massively different, we'd still have to send out about 9 million more in salary to make this happen. Thus one of our negative assets like Maggette or Gooden has to go. And we'd probably need the 10th pick to offset that.

Since we are the Bucks, and Pau turns 31 next month, I'd guess the deal would backfire on us and Pau would be injured and moody.

That said, I'd feel like Pau could be our poor mans KG trade. He and Bogut would make an awesome front line. We'd have to figure out how to get Ridnour back from Minny though. Trade them Delfinos NG contract and a second round pick. Resign Carlos after he's cut for salary purposes.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#59 » by RiotPunch » Sun Jun 5, 2011 6:38 pm

I wonder if Sacramento would consider Jason Thompson + #7 for Brandon.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#60 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Jun 5, 2011 7:05 pm

RiotPunch wrote:I wonder if Sacramento would consider Jason Thompson + #7 for Brandon.

id give up ersan or sanders as well for that deal.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks