ImageImage

Gooden's Future

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Re: Gooden's Future 

Post#21 » by AussieBuck » Thu Dec 1, 2011 7:48 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:The foot is still sore sometimes? This is good news?? I've had fasciitis for about 10 years. If it doesn't go away after the first bout, you are f*cked. I used to be very quick and agile, but fasciitis took that away. Doesn't matter much if I'm in shape or not, skinny or a little chunky. The affected foot loses all its spring and that doesn't bode well for an NBA athlete.

It's awesome news. Sure he'll hobble through some minutes this season but he'll be getting less minutes and he'll be amnestied next season. It's the best realistic scenario for being rid of him.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#22 » by unklchuk » Thu Dec 1, 2011 7:58 pm

It's awesome news. Sure he'll hobble through some minutes this season but he'll be getting less minutes and he'll be amnestied next season. It's the best realistic scenario for being rid of him.

Herb paying someone full freight to NOT play for him doesn't seem all that likely.
AFAIK, IDKM
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#23 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Dec 1, 2011 8:02 pm

raferfenix wrote:Well if the worst happens with his injuries, at least that could be the justification to Kohl to amnesty him...

That might be an easier sell than "he's an idiot who we should have never signed for remotely that much money in the first place".

The Gooden thing will be what Kohl recites in his exit interview with John Hammond come April 28th.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#24 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Dec 1, 2011 8:10 pm

raferfenix wrote:So Gardner reported Drew at least talking the talk:

"I committed my summer to my body," Gooden said in an interview from San Francisco. "I wanted my foot to be in the best condition it's been in, and you will shortly see that.

"The foot is feeling great. I have my days where it is sore, but I guess I won't know until I play five games in a row. I think the two biggest keys for any team this season will be staying healthy and being a deep squad."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/134805788.html

I'll give credit where credit is due if he really has gotten into good shape. I've been petrified that Gooden would put on 50 lbs during the lockout, but that appears not to be the case.

That said, the Bucks' future is inextricably tied to Gooden's. Or more accurately, Hammond's job is.

The Bucks have had a void at PF since we traded Vin Baker, and Gooden can either be part of the solution, or a big part of the problem through sucking up available resources and preventing us from getting where we need to go.

Dare we dream that disaster could still be averted with the Drew signing?

I still have no idea what you all want from Gooden? I think he is the perfect complement to Bogut if we had two more proven scorers. he does the dirty work opposite Bogut.

The key here is Larry Sanders. I think it was the best move the Bucks made last year and should have been the only move they made outside of robbing the Nets of CDR who I looked at the trade checker and if I am not mistaken we hold his NBA rights as we do Ersan's.

CDR was a cool cat and he can hoop...He is Dougie 'Fresh.' I just hope and pray he lands on his feet wherever he is. But Gooden is solid.

I think he blends in well with SJack and Udrich. I think that the Bucks need to get another piece or two and they can contend [if healthy] for a playoff spot.

I would like to see a guy like Mike Dunleavy or Travis Outlaw and Pryzbilla brought in if we are going to keep SJack for this year along with Gooden.

Outlaw or Dunleavy [Clips should be bustin down his door] can back up Mbah a Moute for some offense and in the case of Outlaw you won't lose much defensively either. Then got get Joel P....

Slide Delfino as back up 2 guard perhaps? I know many of you love him so oh well.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#25 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Dec 1, 2011 8:22 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:The foot is still sore sometimes? This is good news?? I've had fasciitis for about 10 years. If it doesn't go away after the first bout, you are f*cked. I used to be very quick and agile, but fasciitis took that away. Doesn't matter much if I'm in shape or not, skinny or a little chunky. The affected foot loses all its spring and that doesn't bode well for an NBA athlete.

Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see...

I think many of you underestimate him or have misplaced expectations for him. No he is not a top 4 PF. Why are you crying?

He is smart, tough, a wide body who takes fouls and bangs, and he can hit the open shot and pass a little and he plays with a chip and nastiness you need and hard competitive edge who has played on winners like in Cleveland. His problem like many players is some are better playing off of Superstars i SJack did in S.A. and WON A RING!

The Bucks do not have a Superstar so that will make a lot of players look like scrubs and they are not. If Bogut and B. Jennings takes the next leap I guarantee you it will be because of Drew Gooden like it was because of Kurt Thomas and Toni Kukoc when he was here.

Most of you who rip him dont see that. A Superstar or All Star makes all the difference in the world...
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#26 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Dec 1, 2011 9:15 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

Somebody needs to sig this
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#27 » by El Duderino » Thu Dec 1, 2011 10:03 pm

emunney wrote:I don't think he has skill problems.

Agreed

Gooden has many of the skills to be a quality PF, but he does lack one important skill, that being basketball instincts/smarts. Having a variety of skills can only take a player so far when he doesn't understand how best to maximize those skills.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,647

Post#28 » by emunney » Thu Dec 1, 2011 10:08 pm

It's mainly when he's off the ball. Yeah, he'll take some bad shots, but really it's the big picture stuff on the court that he doesn't see. If he's defending the ball, he's mostly fine. If he's got the ball, he looks damn good at times. But the rest of the time...
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
PackBuckBrew
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#29 » by PackBuckBrew » Thu Dec 1, 2011 10:14 pm

stevescheffler06 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:His issue is just that empty space in between his ears.

He likes the piano because the echoing in his skull tickles.

:lol:
I prefer the title 'cleaner of the gene pool'.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#30 » by AussieBuck » Fri Dec 2, 2011 4:14 am

unklchuk wrote:

Herb paying someone full freight to NOT play for him doesn't seem all that likely.

If his foot goes Bobby Simmons on him it could happen.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#31 » by Dobber-16 » Sat Dec 3, 2011 3:52 am

I was against the Gooden signing, and the Salmons re-signing as noted here last season. I've been pissed about this since last season.

Hammond f**cked up, and put the franchise at a disadvantage again. He has rid the team of one of the bad signings, now he's got to bite the bullet and remove Gooden, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#32 » by aboveAverage » Sat Dec 3, 2011 5:40 am

It would be nice if Gooden picked up a knock in pre-season, so we don't have to see him start our season opener again.

Just say no to Gooden. Healthy Gooden doesn't mean anything to me either. He is not a good player to have on your basketball team if you want to win games. End of story.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#33 » by Nebula1 » Sat Dec 3, 2011 5:25 pm

Gooden is a pretty good rebounder. I still think he will be a positive addition to the team.

Having Gooden all season and bringing Luc back, a more mature Sanders and Pryz on should make the Bucks a better rebounding team.
unklchuk
Head Coach

Post#34 » by unklchuk » Sat Dec 3, 2011 6:36 pm

Kudos to nebula1 for asserting that the emperor has some clothes...
AFAIK, IDKM
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,647

Post#35 » by emunney » Sat Dec 3, 2011 6:54 pm

Yes, that always ends well for the emperor.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
unklchuk
Head Coach

Post#36 » by unklchuk » Sat Dec 3, 2011 7:07 pm

emunney wrote:Yes, that always ends well for the emperor.

Details! ;)

With the Bucks I prefer to concentrate on the present. Avoid the future.
AFAIK, IDKM

Return to Milwaukee Bucks