Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who has the brighter Future

Bobcats
24%
Pistons
76%

Total votes: 154

Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Re: Bobcats or Pistons -Who has the brighter future 

Post#181 » by Johnlac1 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:31 am

Sik Infant wrote:
JoseChinga wrote:Tired of people picking on the Bobcats. I'm a Knicks fan, but Bobcats got a gem in Biyombo. In his 3rd season he'll be making an Ibaka type impact on the league and its scary because he's more physical than Ibaka.

Walker is underrated. People call him a chucker but I believe he'll work his way into a really productive role.

Bobcats won't be good next year, but they'll be better. They have a promising future indeed as long as they draft smart and sign quality low price free agents that will enforce their defense.

Thanks Jose!!!

People can say whatever they want about us as posters but I'm tired of the hate Charlotte Basketball receives....

Of course we defend our team against quotes such as-

"The Bobcats will NEVER be good"

"Michael Jordan is your GM...LOL"-This makes me laugh so hard...way to prove your ignorance.

Etc etc...

Damn it gets old.

I'm not saying that even with Davis the Bobcats are going to be contenders in a few years. But a lot of people think he can be a franchise changer. The year before the Celtics got Bird, they won 20 games. They got Bird and then they won about sixty the next year with a lot of the same players from the previous year. They then got McHale, Parrish, Johnson. And three titles in five years. One player can really change a franchise. But Davis would also help the other players be better, and these other players are very young and likely to improve with or without Davis. It's ridiculous to say any franchise is automatically doomed for eternity.
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#182 » by Elden Payton » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:43 am

@ Johnlac1

Thanks, I know what you're talking about.

The baiting and trolling of us gets old...

To be honest though Davis is my preferred but I wouldn'tbe demoralized if we didn't get him...anyone woulod help right now!!!!
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,564

Post#183 » by fatlever » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:07 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:I'm not defending that poster. He was clearly in the wrong. But another poster who was not bashing your team was told to leave or be suspended. Some boards you can't have a debate and the Bobcats board seems like one of them.

i think you will find we have one of the most laid back boards on realgm. i urge you to come back another time and try again. obviously we are all a little tired of this season, so having people tell us how bad we suck (or some version of that, even said in a nicer way) on our own board will probably not be received positively.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#184 » by roc » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:14 am

fatlever wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:I'm not defending that poster. He was clearly in the wrong. But another poster who was not bashing your team was told to leave or be suspended. Some boards you can't have a debate and the Bobcats board seems like one of them.

i think you will find we have one of the most laid back boards on realgm. i urge you to come back another time and try again. obviously we are all a little tired of this season, so having people tell us how bad we suck (or some version of that, even said in a nicer way) on our own board will probably not be received positively.

I can attest to this as I have posted there plenty of times over the years and have never had an issue.
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#185 » by kurtis48239 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:32 am

Jesus ,this all started because some det fan(who no one on the det board has heard of)went off on the bobcats thread,then another couple of posters from the det board said some things(me included) and the cats board wanted to lump them and every det fan on RG into the same category as the guy who started it.Then some genius on the det board wanted to comment on detroits BEHAVIOR,without calling anyone out at first(basicaly lumping us in with the idiot who started the whole thing).We get it,det sucks and the bobcats are on another level of suck,but the reason bobcats fans are getting so much hate is because you aimed your comments at the wrong people and about how delusional you are about your team.So of course someone on the det side is going to make this thread to show bobcat fans how its not just det who think your wayyy off base with your comments...
Elden Payton
RealGM
And1: 2,591

Post#186 » by Elden Payton » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:36 am

kurtis48239 wrote:Jesus ,this all started because some det fan(who no one on the det board has heard of)went off on the bobcats thread,then another couple of posters from the det board said some things(me included) and the cats board wanted to lump them and every det fan on RG into the same category as the guy who started it.Then some genius on the det board wanted to comment on detroits BEHAVIOR,without calling anyone out at first(basicaly lumping us in with the idiot who started the whole thing).We get it,det sucks and the bobcats are on another level of suck,but the reason bobcats fans are getting so much hate is because you aimed your comments at the wrong people and about how delusional you are about your team.So of course someone on the det side is going to make this thread to show bobcat fans how its not just det who think your wayyy off base with your comments...

Wall of text is confusing.
Dear Leader
Banned User
And1: 381

Post#187 » by Dear Leader » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:45 am

Pistons because MJ will somehow find a way to mess up the Bobcats' future.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#188 » by roc » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:45 am

kurtis48239 wrote:Jesus ,this all started because some det fan(who no one on the det board has heard of)

speak for yourself on that one, granted you haven't been around here as long. ;)

FWIW he rarely posts and I have no idea what possessed him to dump on the cats like that in their own forum.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,112

Post#189 » by SWedd523 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:49 am

kurtis48239 wrote:Jesus ,this all started because some det fan(who no one on the det board has heard of)went off on the bobcats thread,then another couple of posters from the det board said some things(me included) and the cats board wanted to lump them and every det fan on RG into the same category as the guy who started it.Then some genius on the det board wanted to comment on detroits BEHAVIOR,without calling anyone out at first(basicaly lumping us in with the idiot who started the whole thing).We get it,det sucks and the bobcats are on another level of suck,but the reason bobcats fans are getting so much hate is because you aimed your comments at the wrong people and about how delusional you are about your team.So of course someone on the det side is going to make this thread to show bobcat fans how its not just det who think your wayyy off base with your comments...

You seem to get really (and oddly) emotional over an internet message board.
bigball123
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#190 » by bigball123 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:37 am

This isn't even close! Pistons by a mile!
JamesNaismith
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#191 » by JamesNaismith » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:49 am

The Bobcats are just downright awful....they're a couple years away from being below mediocre which is what DET already is soooooooo
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#192 » by roc » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:19 am

OT - my adblock has been getting a serious workout on the GB due to all the oversized sigs that seem to be no longer policed.

back on topic... it will be hard to determine if either team will have a great future without lucky lotto bounces landing one a true superstar.
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#193 » by Eoghan » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:35 pm

kurtis48239 wrote:but the reason bobcats fans are getting so much hate is because you aimed your comments at the wrong people and about how delusional you are about your team.So of course someone on the det side is going to make this thread to show bobcat fans how its not just det who think your wayyy off base with your comments...

What are we delusional about again? Being the worst team in the NBA or having hope that the only way out from there is up? B/c I'm pretty sure there isn't anything really delusional about those.

Unless your point is that Detroit and Charlotte are so far apart successfully that they shouldn't be compared, which is completely negated by making a thread and continuing to harp on comparing the two.

Seriously, there is nothing to gain from comparing yourself to the worst team in the NBA, you are only making your team look worse.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,458

Post#194 » by GoBobs » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Clearly the Pistons have been the better team this season, but the question is who has the better future. Is it a good plan to get worse in order to get better? I don't really know. I am happy the bobcats are going to get one of the top four picks. I am worried that we are going to establish a culture of losing.

I don't think the Bobcats future rests solely on the bouncing of the ping pong balls this year. The decisions of the front office are going to have a lot more impact then one draft.

Both teams have some good young prospects. I haven't watched the Pistons much but Monroe seems to have great numbers and be closer then anyone to being good, and Knight seems like a good prospect too. Walker and BB don't have eye popping stats, but I have been really impressed watching them both this year. Walker gets anywhere he wants on the floor just isn't finishing his shot consistently. He has shot it from deep a lot better then I expected though. BB is better on offense then I thought he would be and has improved a lot as the season has progressed. Both guys have been ready to go pretty much every night. I like the guys we have.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Post#195 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:40 pm

fatlever wrote:

Yeah I can see that first comment set precedence for the mood of the discussion.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#196 » by old rem » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:41 pm

The Bobs are most apt to get one of the impact guys in this draft. With Mullin playing well,Biyombo progressing faster than expected,a couple of good young PG'd and Henderson much improved,they are in a nice position to rise. Detroit has Monroe..who I like a lot,but Detroit also bogged themselves down with bloat contracts,got too hasty to try to win-now,and for the next 2-4 yr,there's some liability to that.

Looking at franchise history.....The Pistons have been around since Ft Wayne,have been champs and contenders. The Bobs have just ONE year as a playoff team. None as a serious contender. If I'm looking at the next 2-4 yr...Bobs have the head start. Long haul, 5-10 yr, I'd lean to the Pisons having a history of building a contender. It's just hard to assume the Bobs can get everything right,until they do it.
I do think the Bobs reach Playoffs before the Pistons.
CENSORED... No comment.
crazybranman360
Starter
And1: 37

Post#197 » by crazybranman360 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:49 pm

2 back to back top 5 picks >>>> Greg Monroe + 2 Mid Lotto Picks

After the 2013 season people will be likin the lolcats
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#198 » by Johnlac1 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Sik Infant wrote:@ Johnlac1

Thanks, I know what you're talking about.

The baiting and trolling of us gets old...

To be honest though Davis is my preferred but I wouldn'tbe demoralized if we didn't get him...anyone woulod help right now!!!!

There's a lot of people who look at some rookies or young players and for some strange reason think that's the best they'll ever be. Despite pointing out the number of excellent players players who did little or nothing their first years in the league (Nash didn't play good ball for his first four years, ditto for Gortat), these people are either not as smart as they think they are or just unable to project a particular player's ability. The Bobcats have a lot of very young players who almost certainly will get better. The management should let these young players develop and not try to use veteran players (Maggette, others) just to win a few more games. With Davis or some other good rookie (if I couldn't get Davis, I'd pick K-gilchrist), the Bobcats are almost sure to be a better team next year. Not a playoff team but better. Even if they only win 30-35 games with someone like Davis, they're sure to get another good pick in the lottery. If they get another good player, we're talking playoffs in maybe two or three years. One excellent player makes a lot more difference in a sport like bb than it does in other sports.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 968

Post#199 » by Geaux_Hawks » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:35 pm

doc.end wrote:I love how for vast majority of RealGM posters future means the very next season.

+1 My gosh, the title of the spread specifically asks for "brighter future". Seeing as the Cats possibly can land Anthony Davis this year, slightly overpay Nico Batum, and have both Biyombo and Kemba develop further more, why not assume that they could very well have the brighter future. In a few years, Kemba could be a top 10-15 point guard, Biyombo and Davis could be the best shotblocking tandem in the league, and maybe Cho snags a scoring wing.

Detroit isn't in a bad position to not have a brighter future, but they would need Dumars to hit the nail in this draft with one of the many PF's, hope Knight develops into a better point guard than Kemba(which I do think is possible, but Kemba does look better right now), and still find some wings and complimentary pieces.

Both of these teams will be ready to compete about the same time, so I will only consider who's situation I would rather be in, and that would be the Cats. They have so much cap space that will be available to them and a decent farm of young talent accumulating. All they need is a top tier prospect to build around.
Lil VanGrizz
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#200 » by Lil VanGrizz » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Jordan is a bad GM. He is a decent owner. Stop spouting nonsense the guy has had the team for two seasons. He cut salary and has a 25% chance of getting Anthony Davis. They've got the nest Bo Outlaw and Louis WIlliams of the league in Bismack and Kemba. So two very good role players. Honestly the best thing that could happen to them is getting Harrison Barnes or Bradley Beal and getting a shot at Nerlens Noel or Shabazz next year. Anthony Davis and Bismack play the same position and adding Tyrus "I had a future but wasted it" Thomas and his toxic self into the mix makes me think adding a possible elite swing man makes more sense for this season.

Return to The General Board