TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Re: Would you do this trade? 

Post#61 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:40 pm

HotrodBeaubois wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:Would you do this trade?

Vince Carter- 2 years Remaining $3,120,000  $3,180,000
Dominique Jones- 1 year Remaining $1,277,000
Dallas 1st Rd Pick #20
Dallas 2nd Rd Pick #26 ( From Lakers)

For 

Cleveland 1st Rd Pick #26 ( From Lakers)
Cleveland 2nd Rd Pick #3 ( From New Orleans )
Cleveland 2nd Rd Pick #4

Yuck and I see no reason why the Cavs would be giving up picks for Williams. They should be getting picks to take him.

Williams? Do you mean Carter?

Then how about this?
Dallas 1st Rd Pick #18-20

For 

Cleveland 2nd Rd Pick #4

No I meant Carter although the "Yuck" was in reference to your trade. Since it's a crap shoot later in the draft to begin with I'd like to keep the additional picks rather than move from 26 to 18
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#62 » by BossHoggin » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:07 am

HotrodBeaubois wrote:

Then how about this?

For 

Cleveland 2nd Rd Pick #4

Since you are the desperate team trying to sign D Williams, I doubt the Cavs are going to give you two extra picks.

Carter/18 for 2nd #3. More cap room for you.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran
And1: 196

Post#63 » by HotrodBeaubois » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:15 am

BossHoggin wrote:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:

Then how about this?

For 

Cleveland 2nd Rd Pick #4

Since you are the desperate team trying to sign D Williams, I doubt the Cavs are going to give you two extra picks.

Carter/18 for 2nd #3. More cap room for you.

The thing is we are not that desperate to clear cap room. We can pretty much clear enough cap without gifting you the 18th pick.
LongLiveIverson
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#64 » by LongLiveIverson » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:18 am

Kings fan. Would you be interested in a Varejo for Marcus Thornton swap? This would allow you to target a small forward or Bigman in the draft with an established scorer next to Kyrie
Nirvana
Pro Prospect

Post#65 » by Nirvana » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:16 am

I'd really like Marcus Thorton.

I'd maybe do AV for Thorton and a lessening of the protection on the pick you gave us to top 5 only 2013, then top 3 2014-2017.
Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#66 » by Kaner » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:48 am

I would never, EVER trade a guy like AV for an undersized 2 that can't defend...even if it did include lessening the protection. That's an unknown, and AV is our second best player, with playoff experience, on a reasonable contract, loves Cleveland, and defends both big man positions plus the pick and roll/pop at a very high level. I know he's not the most durable player, but I would hesitate to move him for anything less than a deal involving James Harden or Paul George.
Nirvana
Pro Prospect

Post#67 » by Nirvana » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:24 pm

I hear ya. Trading big for small is one of those cardinal sins that gets you into trouble. If we go after Asik or Hibbert, though, that becomes a little bit less of an issue.

Either way, AV's trade value is not going to be restored until he plays again next season and is healthy at the trade deadline, so he's gonna be here. If he plays like he was playing this year, then he is extremely valuable, but you know where he isn't valuable? On the bench for half the season with an injury.

I love AV and love what he brings to the team. He's one of my favorite Cavs ever. I'll understand, though, if we decide to move him at some point. You are right, we probably want more than Marcus Thorton... but it's probably best to temper expectations down a little from Harden/George territory.

I still think a top 10 pick in 2013 from the Kings would be a nice piece for the rebuild. Assuming we don't make the playoffs again next year, that would be 5 lottery picks in 3 years and a total of 7 first rounders in 3 years when you include the Lakers/Heat picks.
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#68 » by Niko23 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:49 pm

We are definitely set up for the future but we really need to enact a plan sooner or later. I would have to think that after the draft in the summer of 2013 we need to be competing for a 4-5 playoff spot IMO.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,593

Post#69 » by Roger Murdock » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Niko23 wrote:We are definitely set up for the future but we really need to enact a plan sooner or later. I would have to think that after the draft in the summer of 2013 we need to be competing for a 4-5 playoff spot IMO.

When we win the lotto and get AD we will get HCA in the first round next year.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 968

Post#70 » by Geaux_Hawks » Sun May 6, 2012 11:23 pm

Kaner wrote:I would never, EVER trade a guy like AV for an undersized 2 that can't defend...even if it did include lessening the protection. That's an unknown, and AV is our second best player, with playoff experience, on a reasonable contract, loves Cleveland, and defends both big man positions plus the pick and roll/pop at a very high level. I know he's not the most durable player, but I would hesitate to move him for anything less than a deal involving James Harden or Paul George.

Talk about homerism at its best. No way in the hell do you even get a player close Harden or George let alone actually get said players.
Cavsfan9000
Banned User

Post#71 » by Cavsfan9000 » Mon May 7, 2012 12:30 am

Geaux_Hawks wrote:
Kaner wrote:I would never, EVER trade a guy like AV for an undersized 2 that can't defend...even if it did include lessening the protection. That's an unknown, and AV is our second best player, with playoff experience, on a reasonable contract, loves Cleveland, and defends both big man positions plus the pick and roll/pop at a very high level. I know he's not the most durable player, but I would hesitate to move him for anything less than a deal involving James Harden or Paul George.

Talk about homerism at its best. No way in the hell do you even get a player close Harden or George let alone actually get said players.

This isn't the GB.

Leolovinliberal
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#72 » by Leolovinliberal » Wed May 9, 2012 5:37 am

Hey guys, Raps fan here. Would you do the following blockbuster?

Demar Derozan and James Johnson for Samardo Samuels for the #3. Amir to Cleveland for Luke Walton. These would have to be two separate trades since Walton can only be traded by himself. Both work in the trade checker. So essentially it would be DD, JJ and Amir for Walton, Samuels and The #3. Cleveland gets their backcourt for the next decade in Kyring Irving and Demar, plus your sf in James Johnson. Your potential new lineup:

PG: Kyrie, Boobie
SG: Demar, ?
SF: James Johnson, Omri
PF: TT, Amir Johnson
C: Varejao, ?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=7dm5kw3

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=6vz8s38

I think this is for sure a playoff team next year. What say you?
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,831

Post#73 » by mcfly1204 » Wed May 9, 2012 1:16 pm

I would rather have the #3 over DD, as I see Beal or MKG being a better long term prospect. I like the thought of adding Amir, but Walton's contract is expiring next season, and I expect Cleveland to draft a PF with at least one of their picks anyway. Though I feel Cleveland has a good shot at making the Playoffs next season irregardless, I see no reason to surrender assets to expedite the process.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#74 » by Harper4Ferry? » Wed May 9, 2012 5:25 pm

DeRozan is a pretty inefficient scorer. He can't shoot from three, and only shot .422 this season. 16 points on 14 shots is pretty horrible for that kind of usage. Plus he'll need a new contract in a year. I might give up the 24th pick for him, but surely not the 3rd pick.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#75 » by Mr Loggins » Wed May 9, 2012 9:43 pm

Leolovinliberal wrote:Hey guys, Raps fan here. Would you do the following blockbuster?

Demar Derozan and James Johnson for Samardo Samuels for the #3. Amir to Cleveland for Luke Walton. These would have to be two separate trades since Walton can only be traded by himself. Both work in the trade checker. So essentially it would be DD, JJ and Amir for Walton, Samuels and The #3. Cleveland gets their backcourt for the next decade in Kyring Irving and Demar, plus your sf in James Johnson. Your potential new lineup:

Blech. No thanks to DeMar.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#76 » by BossHoggin » Wed May 9, 2012 10:50 pm

Leolovinliberal wrote:Hey guys, Raps fan here. Would you do the following blockbuster?

:rofl2:
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#77 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu May 10, 2012 3:46 am

Heck no
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Leolovinliberal
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#78 » by Leolovinliberal » Thu May 10, 2012 4:49 am

It's not just Demar though. It's Demar, James Johnson and Amir Johnson. Those three are gonna give you much more production for next year and possibly the year after than just Bradley Beals.
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 73

Post#79 » by Rise Against » Thu May 10, 2012 5:15 am

Let's be real here. The Cavs are not trading a top 3 lottery pick in a very good draft... Especially if they are not receiving any quality players in return..

And remember, let's refrain from any bashing here.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#80 » by Harper4Ferry? » Thu May 10, 2012 6:36 am

Leolovinliberal wrote:It's not just Demar though. It's Demar, James Johnson and Amir Johnson. Those three are gonna give you much more production for next year and possibly the year after than just Bradley Beals.

Those 3 really put the Raptors over the top, so I'd love to rebuild our crappy team with the core of a 23 win squad. Sounds like a good idea, sign me up for this trade!!!!!

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers