ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas - Part 2

Moderator: ijspeelman

Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#81 » by Mr Loggins » Thu May 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Rise Against wrote:Let's be real here. The Cavs are not trading a top 3 lottery pick in a very good draft... Especially if they are not receiving any quality players in return..

And remember, let's refrain from any bashing here.

Agree.

And not bashing, but to put the OP's state of mind in perspective: on the Raps board, once he's taken our pick, he plans to trade the #3, #8, Bargnani and Calderon to the Heat for LeBron :crazy:
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#82 » by BossHoggin » Fri May 11, 2012 5:01 am

Leolovinliberal wrote:It's not just Demar though. It's Demar, James Johnson and Amir Johnson. Those three are gonna give you much more production for next year and possibly the year after than just Bradley Beals.

Oh, because that makes a difference.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#83 » by Harper4Ferry? » Fri May 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Maybe we could get Demarr Johnson along with James Johnson, Amir Johnson, Joe Johnson, JaJuan Johnnson, Ivan Johnson and Wesley Johnson. That would be a helluva haul for us.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#84 » by gflem » Sat May 12, 2012 4:06 pm

And maybe get Johnson & Johnson as a team sponser? Talk about a Johnson fixation.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#85 » by Darren » Sun May 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Mavs fan here. Would you guys consider Matrix, Roddy B, DJ for all expirings and your late first?

Shawn Marion can play both 3/4 and he's still solid elite defender around the league.

Roddy B may probably be a steal. His 40-point game against GSW is still vivid in my mind. He's at best a SG instead of PG. With Irving on the floor, they can switch roles at times. I guess he can mature with more freedom.

Dominique Jones was a first round draft pick. He's a slasher in college and can play some point. He can defend a bit but he's yet to find his role in NBA.

On paper, it looks lopsided for you guys talent-wise. But I think to lure D-Will from NJN, we need to prove him that we can make rooms for D12 a year later. So this trade could be a both-win for us.

AV-#3-Marion-Casspi-Irving with Thompson, Roddy B, & #33 & #34 as backup. This guaranteed a trip to playoff floor again for you guys.

Your thoughts?
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#86 » by Niko23 » Sun May 13, 2012 1:42 pm

I think we are trying to gain more picks and not necessarily add cap and players and give away picks
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Post#87 » by League Circles » Sun May 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi Cavs fans,

I almost never post on another teams' forum, but I have a question. I think the Cavs may be good trading partners at draft time with the Bulls due to three things:

1) Cavs cap room
2) Cavs existing youthful base in Irving, Thompson, etc
3) Cavs already getting a top pick this year

So I'm hoping that your #24 pick might be available for Korver or Brewer. Would you guys do that? Do you think your management would?

Brewer makes 4.3 mil this year and expires after, and Korver makes 5 mil and expires after. Bulls need to trim a little salary sadly.

I'm assuming Cavs would be more interested in Brewer, though Korver has more generla value. Bulls fans are generally more interested in keeping Korver but I disagree.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#88 » by Mr Loggins » Sun May 13, 2012 6:57 pm

teamCHItown wrote:Hi Cavs fans,

I almost never post on another teams' forum, but I have a question. I think the Cavs may be good trading partners at draft time with the Bulls due to three things:

1) Cavs cap room
2) Cavs existing youthful base in Irving, Thompson, etc
3) Cavs already getting a top pick this year

So I'm hoping that your #24 pick might be available for Korver or Brewer. Would you guys do that? Do you think your management would?

Brewer makes 4.3 mil this year and expires after, and Korver makes 5 mil and expires after. Bulls need to trim a little salary sadly.

I'm assuming Cavs would be more interested in Brewer, though Korver has more generla value. Bulls fans are generally more interested in keeping Korver but I disagree.

Nah.
rjgraca
Head Coach
And1: 43

Post#89 » by rjgraca » Sun May 13, 2012 7:48 pm

With the new restrictive luxury tax kicking after the next season--- I can't see the Cavs taking on Marions contract for a couple of decent prospects that have yet to come close to fulfilling their promise.
The Cavs weren't going to give a guaranteed contract to Lester Hudson on a 10 day contract after he scored 30+ points in a game which to me means that they are going to be very careful in the use of their cap space... one game where Roddy B scores 40 points against GSW is not going to sway them to take on Marions contract. Probably would be better to try to make a deal with a playoff team for this package and not a rebuilding team like the Cavs.

The Chicago trade proposal would basically be a gift to them which isn't something the Cavs would/ should be doing in their rebuild. The Cavs would be looking to improve their draft position--- not to move them for expensive very average talents in their rebuild. The Cavs where about 8 million under the cap when the season ended and Jamison's expiring adds about 16 more million which makes expiring not that attractive to the Cavs in their rebuild.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#90 » by League Circles » Sun May 13, 2012 8:48 pm

I figured you guys could actually use Brewer on the court. He's an elite wing defender, and can guard anyone at the 1-3 spots.

He's also young enough that if he works out well you guys could keep him beyond his current deal. I figured you'd have a hard time spending all of your cap space on FAs withotu overpaying.

What about our #29 plus Brewer for the #24?
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#91 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun May 13, 2012 11:37 pm

I have no idea why people think that the Cavs will not only give them expiring but also a first for their middling prospects.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#92 » by BossHoggin » Mon May 14, 2012 1:22 am

teamCHItown wrote:I figured you guys could actually use Brewer on the court. He's an elite wing defender, and can guard anyone at the 1-3 spots.

He's also young enough that if he works out well you guys could keep him beyond his current deal. I figured you'd have a hard time spending all of your cap space on FAs withotu overpaying.

What about our #29 plus Brewer for the #24?

What about our #34 for the #29 plus Brewer?
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 73

Post#93 » by Rise Against » Mon May 14, 2012 1:40 am

BossHoggin wrote:What about our #34 for the #29 plus Brewer?

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#94 » by League Circles » Mon May 14, 2012 4:35 am

You guys seriously wouldn't want to do Brewer plus #29 for #24? Is it that you think you can get a notably better player at 24 than 29 or that you simply don't want Brewer this year at 4.3 mil? Don't you guys only have like 26 mil on the books next year for 5 players? It's gonna be hard to spend the tens of millions required to get up to the team minimum without overpaying. This gives you a pretty young elite wing defender to back up the 2 and 3 spots with only a one year commitment. He plays as hard as anyone and within the team concept.
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#95 » by fart » Mon May 14, 2012 4:39 am

Cavs better go after hibbert hard this offseason, although, I know the chances of indiana letting him go are very slim.

edit oops, thought this was the offseason thread. :lol:
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Cavsfan9000
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#96 » by Cavsfan9000 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:55 pm

teamCHItown wrote:You guys seriously wouldn't want to do Brewer plus #29 for #24? Is it that you think you can get a notably better player at 24 than 29 or that you simply don't want Brewer this year at 4.3 mil? Don't you guys only have like 26 mil on the books next year for 5 players? It's gonna be hard to spend the tens of millions required to get up to the team minimum without overpaying. This gives you a pretty young elite wing defender to back up the 2 and 3 spots with only a one year commitment. He plays as hard as anyone and within the team concept.

Amnestied salaries still count towards the minimum cap IIRC. Add on all the rookies we are getting in this draft and we aren't going to have any problems hitting the minimum. The following season is when we are going to have issues.
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#97 » by Harper4Ferry? » Tue May 15, 2012 7:54 am

fart wrote:Cavs better go after hibbert hard this offseason, although, I know the chances of indiana letting him go are very slim.

edit oops, thought this was the offseason thread. :lol:

Agree about Hibbert....I could almost convince myself to overpay Javelle too, just for the fun of it.
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,839

Post#98 » by mcfly1204 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:06 am

Just say no to Javale McGee. I would go after Hibbert, Lopez, and Hawes before I look into McGee. I understand the upside with his length and athleticism, but I wonder if he will ever pull it together. JaVale seems to have the basketball IQ of Drew Gooden, which makes me cringe.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#99 » by Dupp » Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 am

^ Agreed except im not a fan of lopez either.
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,839

Post#100 » by mcfly1204 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:10 pm

I cannot say I am a huge fan of Lopez, but I like his fit with Thompson a lot more than McGee.
Well at least we're not Detroit!

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers