Moderator: Crowned

Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Toronto Marlies Playoff Thread 

Post#1 » by Crowned » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:51 pm

Playoff time in Toronto!

Get out to a Marlies game, and support them. They've got young and very well coached team. They're playing the Rochester Americans in round 1, with the series starting on Thursday.

I'll be going to the game on Thursday, and bought tickets on Ticketmaster for $13.50 including all of their fees.

You're looking at a lineup including the following prospects:

Jake Gardiner
Korbian Holzer
Jesse Blacker
Stuart Percy
Ben Scrivens
Nazem Kadri
Joe Colborne
Carter Ashton
Matt Frattin
Jerry D'Amigo
Marcel Mueller
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Re: Toronto Marlies Playoff Thread 

Post#2 » by whysoserious » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:41 am

I wish LeafsTV would show the games in HD!

Will definitely be watching to see the progress of our guys.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#3 » by Crowned » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:12 am

Great game overall, definitely worth the 13 bucks a ticket...I highly suggest people go out and catch a playoff game. My thoughts;

- The Colborne/Frattin/Ashton line was REALLY solid. Joe Colborne really controlled the play for a lot of the game when he was on the ice. He's starting to use his size along the boards, which is nice to see. It'll be a shame if he isn't on the opening night roster next season.

- Jerry D'amigo may very well get a crack with the Leafs next year, and deservingly so. He picked up two goals, and really impressed me tonight.

- Ben Scrivens was average. He was out of position on one of the goals, but was solid enough to get the win.

- Kadri didn't do a whole lot for me tonight. He created a couple of chances, but didn't really shine like I expected him to. I'd say he had a very average game as well.

- Korbian Holzer was a rock on defense tonight IMO, shutting the Rochester forwards down one on one several times.

- Stuart Percy and Jake Gardiner were a pairing tonight, which brought a huge smile to my face. Percy started off a little shakey, but I think it was due to nerves. As the game wore on, he became more comfortable with the puck, and started to play more aggressively. At 18 years old, he looked good.

- Jake Gardiner. Wow. This kid has got some wheels, and major offensive flair. He controlled the powerplay to perfection, and his first pass out of his zone was incredible. He made a couple of mistakes in the defensive end, but overall, he was great. There's no way I'm trading the kid if I'm Burke, he should easily be the most untouchable player on the roster. He's THAT good.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by Crowned » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:14 am

On a side note, Jay Rosehill was horrendous. I can't believe the Leafs had the guy on their roster this year. Enforcer or not, he was simply brutal.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#5 » by trwi7 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Sad there's only three posts on this. Marlies just played game 1 of the Western Conference Finals last night and steamrolled Oklahoma City 5-0.

They play again tonight at 8 PM Eastern.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Crowned » Fri May 25, 2012 1:58 am

This team has played outstanding so far during these playoffs. The Marlies are currently up 3-1, and are one win away from making the Calder Cup finals.

A lot of our youth have greatly contributed. Guys like Scrivens, D'Amigo, Matt Frattin and Nicolas Deschamps have been great.

Some stats thus far;

Jerry D'Amigo; 12 gp, 8 goals, 4 assists, 12 points...+12
Matt Frattin; 12 gp, 8 goals, 3 assists, 11 points...+7
Nicolas Deschamps; 12 gp, 3 goals, 8 assists, 11 points...+10
Nazem Kadri; 11 gp, 3 goals, 7 assists, 10 points...+6
Jake Gardiner; 12 gp, 2 goals, 6assists, 8 points...+6

Ben Scrivens; 12 gp, 10 wins, 2 losses, 3 shutouts...1.66 g.a.a....942 save %
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#7 » by trwi7 » Sat May 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Marlies advance to the Calder Cup Finals against Norfolk who are 39-3 in their last 42 games.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#8 » by whysoserious » Mon May 28, 2012 1:27 pm

It's good to see the Marlies doing well, but I don't see much in the way of guys that are developing that could make the big club next year.

I think Kadri was slotted to have a chance of making the club next year and he's been good, now injured but has his stock risen that much?

Scrivens may be the guy that's shown the most and will likely be given a shot. Heck, he may have impressed enough to say to Management just get a middline vet to back him up on the big club and pushed Reimer down a notch.

Frattin and Gardiner playing well but were already with the club. I think Frattin may have shown enough to move up a notch but still a lot to be determined next year at camp.

Either way, it's good to see them in the finals and some guys getting experience and confidence.
Hashtag
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Hashtag » Mon May 28, 2012 3:31 pm

whysoserious wrote:It's good to see the Marlies doing well, but I don't see much in the way of guys that are developing that could make the big club next year.

I think Kadri was slotted to have a chance of making the club next year and he's been good, now injured but has his stock risen that much?

Scrivens may be the guy that's shown the most and will likely be given a shot. Heck, he may have impressed enough to say to Management just get a middline vet to back him up on the big club and pushed Reimer down a notch.

Frattin and Gardiner playing well but were already with the club. I think Frattin may have shown enough to move up a notch but still a lot to be determined next year at camp.

Either way, it's good to see them in the finals and some guys getting experience and confidence.

I read somewhere that Nonis said that the LEafs wouldnt be comfortable with Reimer and Scrivens.
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#10 » by Relentless88 » Mon Jun 4, 2012 11:03 pm

Eakins signed to 1 year extension.
Blessed
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#11 » by Blessed » Wed Jun 6, 2012 7:13 pm

Relentless88 wrote:Eakins signed to 1 year extension.

3 years...

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs