How Long Before Billy King Is Fired?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,418

How Long Before Billy King Is Fired? 

Post#1 » by WillyJakkz » Thu May 31, 2012 4:53 am

Keeping this one really simple for all a you out there.

I (among others) called it shortly after that the Deron Williams trade was absurd (giving up WAY TOO much for a hope and a prayer) THEN this guy compounds the problem by GIVING AWAY a lotto pick (again on a hope and a prayer) for an expiring Gerald Wallace who wants to "C(r)ash" (bad pun) in one final big payday for a chance to get Dwight Howard.

I have always felt like Proky or should I call him "Porky" (from the movie Porky's since has has as bad a business tactics as that dude) brought in Jay -Z who allegedly had "the inside track on LeBron" just cause that dude was throwing up Roc signs in his earlier years, hired Avery Johnson, a not do much but yell kinda coach, and Billy King, a guy who has proven to be in WAY over his head (w/ the assets the Nets HAD, they shoulda had MUCH MORE to show for it, but instead, he squandered them....all) to show LeBron that he had people of color in high ranking positions which ultimately backfired on Proky AND the Nets.

What a damn shame.

Anyway, I don't advocate people losing their job but f*ck that, how long before Billy King is fired followed shortly by the "Lil' General"?

And I'm not even a Nets fan.
draftbarnes
Analyst
And1: 1,913

Re: How Long Before Billy King Is Fired? 

Post#2 » by draftbarnes » Thu May 31, 2012 4:53 am

:lol:
On Curry declining

Pharmcat wrote:
Guest202 wrote:Didn't he score 30 two weeks ago on 5 of 10 from three?

you can still have good games in the decline, look at kobe's last game in his career
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#3 » by Wonderllama » Thu May 31, 2012 4:55 am

One more season, man. One more season until the Nets have the worst record!
bruddahmanmatt
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#4 » by bruddahmanmatt » Thu May 31, 2012 4:56 am

The ghost of Otis Smith continues to hang around the NBA.
EntropyPR
Banned User
And1: 2,381

Post#5 » by EntropyPR » Thu May 31, 2012 4:57 am

WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#6 » by WillyJakkz » Thu May 31, 2012 12:41 pm

Wonderllama wrote:One more season, man. One more season until the Nets have the worst record!

So they can trade the pick?

Seriously, they had chance to get it this lockout shortened season but decided to appease Williams by playing hard to win when they had no shot at a playoff berth.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,567

Post#7 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 31, 2012 1:25 pm

Can't understand why King was hired in the first place. The Nets will be putrid for a very long time.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#8 » by rmfc » Thu May 31, 2012 1:33 pm

Tank alert!

I think that the Nets will be gunning for the #1 overall in 2013(assuming Billy King doesn't trade it). CHA may have some real competition next season.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,259

Post#9 » by Sothron » Thu May 31, 2012 1:44 pm

I don't care if Gerald Wallace does stay there that trade was horrible. It potentially cost them Dwight Howard and Deron Williams just to get an above average but still aging small forward. Seriously? It feels like the kinda deal you force the CPU to agree to while playing NBA 2k.
BlueDawn
Starter
And1: 57

Post#10 » by BlueDawn » Thu May 31, 2012 1:54 pm

If Deron and Wallace leave, Billy MUST be fired. Embarassing. Although, i'll make my decision after the draft night.
12-70. Never Forget. Moment of silence for all the fans lost during that battle.
Swift924
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#11 » by Swift924 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:56 pm

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#12 » by NyCeEvO » Thu May 31, 2012 1:58 pm

rmfc wrote::lol:

Tank alert!

I think that the Nets will be gunning for the #1 overall in 2013(assuming Billy King doesn't trade it). CHA may have some real competition next season.

It's sad, but I'm actually worried about that now that you bring that up.

If you need anyone to royally screw up a team, hire Billy King and Avery Johnson. They'll get the job done!

:noway: ... :cry:
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#13 » by SpeedyG » Thu May 31, 2012 2:10 pm

BlueDawn wrote:If Deron leaves, Billy MUST be fired. Embarassing. Although, i'll make my decision after the draft night.

Fixed. We knew it was a big gamble dealing for Deron without an extension, but it was a risk worth taking. At some point however, you should realize what your risk tolerance is, and call it quits when it reaches that threshold.

It's like a poker player who bluffed with high As, hoping the other players would fold, only they don't. So the ante keeps getting raised, meanwhile, your hand is clearly becoming weaker and weaker. At some point, you have to realize you are better off folding. That was the point when Dwight decided to opt-in. Instead, King says "All In" with Gerald Wallace :lol:
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
BlueDawn
Starter
And1: 57

Post#14 » by BlueDawn » Thu May 31, 2012 2:19 pm

We wouldnt be in this position right now if Dwight didn't ounk out. Arghghhh.
12-70. Never Forget. Moment of silence for all the fans lost during that battle.
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#15 » by WillyJakkz » Thu May 31, 2012 2:46 pm

BlueDawn wrote:We wouldnt be in this position right now if Dwight didn't ounk out. Arghghhh.

I get that kinda, but the Gerald Wallace trade was atrocious because there was absolutely no upside to that.

And please do not get me started on the Drama Williams trade.

He's like the 80/ 20 rule.

You guys had a fat naive wife who simply had to be molded into what you wanted and she was all for it (Favors & Harris) but instead you went for the hot bitch that refuses to cook, clean, but complains all the time, wants to be taken to the finest restaraunts and events, and only wants to have sex on her terms (Deron Williams), all while flirting w/ other dudes (Dwight Howard, Lakers, Mavs) right in front of you.

That's when you wake up and see she's not about sh*t and move on, instead Billy King buys an engagement ring (Wallace).

Hope he kept the receipt.
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#16 » by arkknight1988 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:15 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:The ghost of Otis Smith continues to hang around the NBA.

UnderdogKnicks
Starter
And1: 40

Post#17 » by UnderdogKnicks » Thu May 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Billy King has so much in common with Isiah :lol:. I feel for u Net fans.
Classics :

Knicks, Giants, Yankees, Rangers
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#18 » by The Rebel » Thu May 31, 2012 3:28 pm

BlueDawn wrote:We wouldnt be in this position right now if Dwight didn't ounk out. Arghghhh.

Making moves with the idea that another team and player outside of your control is going to follow your plan exactly is a dumb move. The fact that Wallace was the backup plan, and they gave up their best trade chip to get him is also a dumb move. but the dumbest move was trading a bunch a good young big, and multiple lotto picks for Williams, and not being able to build anything around him for a year and a half while you are waiting for a guy who is under contract with another team, and has no ties to your franchise.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Post#19 » by moocow007 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:30 pm

Trade was a head scratcher. Don't really see a way for the Nets to dig themselves out of this any time soon. Deron Williams could go? Heck, Gerald Wallace can go. Why would he want to hang around and be the guy NY media points to (and you know they will) as the guy that potentially cost the Nets Williams, Howard and a lotto pick (and no, NY media doesn't care if Wallace himself didn't make the trade). So don't see Williams returning. Don't see Wallace opting in. Not a good shot (to say the least) at trading for Howard (not enough assets now without that pick...can't even trade Wallace). Howard himself basically pooched the Nets best shot at getting him by opting back in.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#20 » by The Rebel » Thu May 31, 2012 3:33 pm

UnderdogKnicks wrote:Billy King has so much in common with Isiah :lol:. I feel for u Net fans.

I might feel bad for them if I had not seen so many on this very board rubbing it in Magic fans faces that they were going to have Williams and Howard by the trade deadline.

Return to The General Board