ImageImageImageImage

Official Build-a-Team 1.0: Trade/Discussion (2 Hr Picks) P3

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Ahmadab
Bench Warmer
And1: 14

Official Build-a-Team 1.0: Trade/Discussion (2 Hr Picks) P3 

Post#1 » by Ahmadab » Fri Aug 3, 2012 11:25 pm

Part 2 : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1197917

Lakers are gonna prove you wrong !!
ORLANDO MAGIC
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,418

Re: Official Build-a-Team 1.0: Trade/Discussion (2 Hr Picks) 

Post#2 » by WillyJakkz » Fri Aug 3, 2012 11:36 pm

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:Let's get the cavs some game action...........please.

Ask and ye shall receive and btw, the Cavs had had quite a few games, you just need to go back and check, I think I first started on pg 80-something (Part 2 Thread) AND :lol: @ br7knicks talkin' about not taking the sims too serious cause if that's the case let's not take the judges opinion too serious (even though the B-a-T is about that which is quite alright w/ me obviously) but the player tendencies etc are pretty accurate nowadays, they've come along way since "Double Dribble" :roll: / green font

Cavs (38) @ Nets (36)
POTG: Pau Gasol

Cavs:
Rondo (11pts 1reb 1ast 1stl 1blk)
Gordon (10pts 1reb 1ast 1blk)
Gasol (4pts 6rebs 3ast 3blks)

Nets:
Diaw (9pts 3rebs 1-1 3pt)
Dudley (6pts 1reb 2-3 3pt)
Brooks (5pts 1ast 1-1 3pt)

The Nets played all out at home leading by as many as 9pts until the 3rd Q turned into the Rondo show where he was completely unstoppable, even did his patented fake behind the back move on Lilliard. Pau Gasol came up big down the stretch w/ a huge block on Lilliard's layup attempt (that would've given the Nets the lead very late in the game) then comes and hits a fadeaway over Tristan Thompson then came "the play" by Mr. One on One, SG Dion Waiters who absolutely shot THE CAVS back into the game after missing several ill advised one on one shots that came at crucial times in the final minutes, but after "the play" came "The Play" as Rondo posted Waiters on the block in the final 3 secs of the game, spins off him and hits the game winning one hander that rattles around the rim before falling thru as time expired. Nice showing by the Nets and a good win by the Cavs.

***If you guys put your players PT in the roster thread as I do the teams I'll adjust the rotations (see Grizzlies for an example)***

Next Game:
Hornets vs Nuggets
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,139

Post#3 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Aug 3, 2012 11:39 pm

Willy, still interested in VC? check my post in the last thread if you didn't see it as well
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Post#4 » by TDJacksonville » Fri Aug 3, 2012 11:42 pm

like i said in the last thread Id Like to see how the New Look Thunder Play
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#5 » by Bensational » Fri Aug 3, 2012 11:43 pm

yeah, Willy, just to be safe, any chance the Wizards could get a game against another contender please? Warriors or Rockets would be great, but happy with whatever.

cheers
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#6 » by br7knicks » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:05 am

dont read too much into what i said about 2k. i love them and think they should play a role into this thing. i meant that thats not all people should be focused on. was the one that did the bat 7 roster for us. loved it and playing with my team. i think you should do a season and sim like a week for each day
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks

Post#7 » by br7knicks » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:08 am

on **** phone, but im pretty sure hibbert had 19, 17, 14, 18 point games in the playoffs. or something like that
RIP, magnumt '19

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,892

Post#8 » by eyriq » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:20 am

Willy, who do you see as the contenders for Win-now based on your simulations?
Ahmadab
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by Ahmadab » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:28 am

I would like to see my team going up against the Bulls since you regard them so highly as a contender.
ORLANDO MAGIC
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#10 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:30 am

br7knicks wrote:on **** phone, but im pretty sure hibbert had 19, 17, 14, 18 point games in the playoffs. or something like that

No one is saying that Hibbert isn't good.

I had just typed up an big response on the topic but the browser failed on me and closed it out.

Basically what it boiled down to...

Hibbert is a great young big man. One you can build around. One that deserves a max contract. But...

He is not a great low post threat yet. He turns the ball over at a VERY high rate. That is why he gets double teamed. Compare him to another big man in terms of TO/Shot. He will lead the way. Dwight does average more...but the entire offense is ran through him. That is far from the truth with Hibbert.

Is he on his way to being a good post player? Yes, absolutely.... But he is not there yet.
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#11 » by WillyJakkz » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:31 am

My bad guys, the more rosters I've gotten completed on 2k the more locked in I get on that lol.

@ bensational, no doubt I'll put you up against the Warriors, (that'll be the Friday game on ESPN lol)

@eyriq, I gotta say (for the hundredth time jk) that the Warriors have played and beaten every team I simmed against them (not my new Rockets nor the newer teams I've just gotten completed) and they look strong on the road or at home, they've made some trades now that imo may actually have weakened them but I'm not sure yet but they play the Wizards tonite so I'll post the results when the game ends.

So far though, the Warriors (pre-trade) I would say is the best Win Now team (and I was pissed I helped them achieve it by trading them Stack 5 cause at the time I was more concerned about my roster moves and I also neglected to take into account that they're in the Western Conference w/ me...ugh) and the West is TOTALLY STACKED!

Anyway I'll be posting the results from the Hornets at Nuggets game soon!

*Btw guys check page 80-something in Part 2 Thread, that's when I 1st posted sims (but teams have made several trades since then) check for your teams!
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,139

Post#12 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:35 am

Thanks for the props^^ but dang dude..you really think trading JR and Dorrell Wright for Jeff Green and VC set me back? Green IMO is the best now out of the 4, and can still develop. VC is still a serviceable backup, not much worse than JR. But JR's ability to score is crucial. In my mind I traded 2 role players for 1 core piece and 1 roleplayer.

We'll have to see what the sims say
br7knicks

Post#13 » by br7knicks » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:37 am

yeah he does turn the ball over a lot. he is only going to get better. my starting line up is young and awesome
RIP, magnumt '19

Ahmadab
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by Ahmadab » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:47 am

Also if possible i would like to see my team go against the Warriors, their edge in size may win them the game, but i fancy the quickness and athleticism of my team, aswell as my bench who i think compliments each other pretty well. All i still need is a backup C, still waiting for my pick to come up. I know exactly who i want to pick
ORLANDO MAGIC
WillyJakkz
RealGM

Post#15 » by WillyJakkz » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:52 am

Hornets (37) @ Nuggets (29)
POTG: Danny Green

Hornets:
Johnson (9pts 1-2 3pt)
Green (8pts 1 reb 1ast 1stl 2-3 3pt)
Bosh (6pts 5rebs)
Pekovic (5pts 7rebs)
Lawson (5pts 1reb 2ast)

Nuggets:
Howard (8pts 7rebs 1ast)
Iguodala (7pts 1reb 1stl 1-1 3pt)
Thomas (5pts 1reb 1stl 1-3 3pt)
Rivers (2pts 1reb 2ast 1blk)
Allen (1-8 FG's 0-4 3pt)

The Nuggets scoring woes continue as the scored 12 total points by halftime...the Hornets scored 12 in the 2nd Q alone so this should give you a good idea as to where this is going. Dwight played great scoring and rebounding-wise as did Iggy and Thomas is starting to be quite a good find PG as he actually held his own against Lawson, it still seems the issue is creating shots individually as Thomas and Iggy are the best equipped to do it. I still feel starting Novak will help that team tremendously and use Thompson as the reserve C. Meanwhile the Hornets are still looking as good as before w/ a nice well balanced roster w/ Pekovic providing the muscle fighting Dwight to a standstill on the glass by getting 7 boards of his own. Nice comeback win after their last loss (I posted I believe) to the Mavs.

Next game:
Warriors @ Wizards
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,444

Post#16 » by Context » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:52 am

Willy, pls bro, whenever u get a chance could u put my team against the warriors again. If I remember correctly, the game was close.... Have you played my Hornets against anyone recently?
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#17 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:53 am

WillyJakkz wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive and btw, the Cavs had had quite a few games, you just need to go back and check, I think I first started on pg 80-something (Part 2 Thread) AND :lol: @ br7knicks talkin' about not taking the sims too serious cause if that's the case let's not take the judges opinion too serious (even though the B-a-T is about that which is quite alright w/ me obviously) but the player tendencies etc are pretty accurate nowadays, they've come along way since "Double Dribble" :roll: / green font

Cavs (38) @ Nets (36)
POTG: Pau Gasol

Cavs:
Rondo (11pts 1reb 1ast 1stl 1blk)
Gordon (10pts 1reb 1ast 1blk)
Gasol (4pts 6rebs 3ast 3blks)

Nets:
Diaw (9pts 3rebs 1-1 3pt)
Dudley (6pts 1reb 2-3 3pt)
Brooks (5pts 1ast 1-1 3pt)

The Nets played all out at home leading by as many as 9pts until the 3rd Q turned into the Rondo show where he was completely unstoppable, even did his patented fake behind the back move on Lilliard. Pau Gasol came up big down the stretch w/ a huge block on Lilliard's layup attempt (that would've given the Nets the lead very late in the game) then comes and hits a fadeaway over Tristan Thompson then came "the play" by Mr. One on One, SG Dion Waiters who absolutely shot THE CAVS back into the game after missing several ill advised one on one shots that came at crucial times in the final minutes, but after "the play" came "The Play" as Rondo posted Waiters on the block in the final 3 secs of the game, spins off him and hits the game winning one hander that rattles around the rim before falling thru as time expired. Nice showing by the Nets and a good win by the Cavs.

***If you guys put your players PT in the roster thread as I do the teams I'll adjust the rotations (see Grizzlies for an example)***

Next Game:
Hornets vs Nuggets

Thanks for the sim.

It looks like my team has no problem with defense...which is what I was hoping for. Defense tends to wear teams down and over the course of 48 minutes, I think these close games I have been having in simulation turn in to 5-10 pt wins for me.

I love the combo of Rondo + Gordon + Gasol. Definitely one of the two best threesomes in our B-a-T (Parker/Dirk/Jefferson being the only competition in my mind). They automatically make me a win now contender. Rondo & Gordon still have plenty of years left, along with Chandler, Seraphin, Budinger, Barea - hopefully Gasol can mentor Lavoy Allen and help him develop an offensive game down the road. Either way, I like that Gasol has two years left on his deal and likely two more years of truly effective play at a high level. Ship his expiring out for a guy to replace him in the SL and we continue the dynasty.
br7knicks

Post#18 » by br7knicks » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:53 am

Zmill wrote:Thanks for the props^^ but dang dude..you really think trading JR and Dorrell Wright for Jeff Green and VC set me back? Green IMO is the best now out of the 4, and can still develop. VC is still a serviceable backup, not much worse than JR. But JR's ability to score is crucial. In my mind I traded 2 role players for 1 core piece and 1 roleplayer.

We'll have to see what the sims say

i said this before, i think your team is a lot better now than it was before.
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#19 » by br7knicks » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:53 am

Ahmadab wrote:Also if possible i would like to see my team go against the Warriors, their edge in size may win them the game, but i fancy the quickness and athleticism of my team, aswell as my bench who i think compliments each other pretty well. All i still need is a backup C, still waiting for my pick to come up. I know exactly who i want to pick

i have 2 that i would like to give up if you are willing to work with me
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#20 » by br7knicks » Sat Aug 4, 2012 12:57 am

WillyJakkz wrote:

don't know if you saw this, but:

dont read too much into what i said about 2k. i love them and think they should play a role into this thing. i meant that thats not all people should be focused on. was the one that did the bat 7 roster for us. loved it and playing with my team. i think you should do a season and sim like a week for each day

again, i love that you're doing this and think it's fun. we took the 2k sim into factor when we did our BAT. but, again, it wasn't the most influential factor in the overall judging. but we did use it, and it was a lot of fun. i'm also slightly jaded because i'm waiting for my team to have results somewhere.

you've actually inspired me, to a point where i just got 2k12 for PC so i could do all of this simming as well. i like my team now better than my last BAT team with the knicks board.

i had

dj augustin/jenkins/telfair
wade/dahntay jones
battier/thad. young
david lee/kleiza
deandre jordan/seraphin
RIP, magnumt '19