Lets talk about Alexey Shved

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

TwentyOne920
Lead Assistant
And1: 129

Re: Lets talk about Alexey Shved 

Post#21 » by TwentyOne920 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:38 am

Didn't Brent Barry win a dunk contest?

As for Shved... he's one of two new reasons I want to watch the Wolves this coming year.

A Rubio/Shved backcourt with AK/Love/Pek in the frontcourt would have so much passing potential, a thing Adelman preaches.

They're gonna be a playoff team, I can feel it.
bertrob wrote:Any casual fan saying anything about Tim Duncan is usually wrong

bobly wrote:Kobe locked up his All Defensive Team this year after he blocked Lebron in the all-star game.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,377

Post#22 » by durden_tyler » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:43 am

Perfect fit for Twolves too? Backing up both the PG and SG spots...
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
jinxed
Starter
And1: 1,298

Post#23 » by jinxed » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:55 am

Wolves are going to be so fun to watch.
Check out my book! "The Awakened Ape :A Biohacker's Guide to Evolutionary Fitness, Natural Ecstasy, and Stress-Free Living"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSJN3Q4?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660
Bubstubbler
Starter
And1: 755

Post#24 » by Bubstubbler » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:04 am

Klomp wrote:As for the Rubio comparisons, plays like this certainly make it more appealing

Gotta throw some love out to Sasha Kaun, too, while we're at it (the guy who catches and finishes that play). He'd be a great role player on a winning team in the NBA. He's the type of player that a lot of teams would love to have as their 4th or 5th big: great attitude, plays hard, plays strong, cares about defense, always keeps his head up looking for passes, tries to play smart, is happy to play d and rebound, doesn't force things on offense, knows his limitations, no ego problems, really wants to win, etc. You almost expect him to have a lunch pail and hardhat in his locker.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#25 » by Mattya » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:24 am

eltalavk wrote:
Chalk1 wrote:
eltalavk wrote:I like the guy, but he wasn't the 2nd best player for Russia in the olympics, I was really disappointed with his play in London, I hope he can bring everythong to the table in Minny.

Who, Mozgov? Fridzon?

Shved averaged more points than mozgov and .1 point less than Fridzon, and was 3rd in the Olympics in assists.

I'd say as the PG, with questionable backups at that spot, he was the most important player for Russia.

For me, Mozgov and Fridzon were more important in the whole tournament, but Alexey played amazingly against Argentina. But watching his games versus Spain (both ones) and Lithuania where he played pretty bad, was really disappointing, I was expecting a lot more from him. And I'm not hating, because I love the guy and I'm rooting for him to do it well, but he needs to put more effort (a lot) on deffense.

Shved was definately the second best player on that Russian team.
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#26 » by SF_Warriors » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:31 am

No highlights and/or stats? I guess I could go on Youtube...
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,576

Post#27 » by Klomp » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:24 am

SF_Warriors wrote:No highlights and/or stats? I guess I could go on Youtube...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RsFOIGxxig[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z4ADVvJK_g[/youtube]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#28 » by NikolaPekovic » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:05 am

TwentyOne920 wrote:Didn't Brent Barry win a dunk contest?

As for Shved... he's one of two new reasons I want to watch the Wolves this coming year.

A Rubio/Shved backcourt with AK/Love/Pek in the frontcourt would have so much passing potential, a thing Adelman preaches.

They're gonna be a playoff team, I can feel it.

we were a playoff team before rubio went down!

with no real sg's on the roster.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#29 » by Tirion » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:09 am

Mattya wrote:
eltalavk wrote:For me, Mozgov and Fridzon were more important in the whole tournament, but Alexey played amazingly against Argentina. But watching his games versus Spain (both ones) and Lithuania where he played pretty bad, was really disappointing, I was expecting a lot more from him. And I'm not hating, because I love the guy and I'm rooting for him to do it well, but he needs to put more effort (a lot) on deffense.

On talent? Yeah.
On actual impact? Hell no. He was a complete liability against Spain and Lithuania.
King d
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#30 » by King d » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:54 am

He will be a nice backup for The legend Brandon Roy
CROSS+
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#31 » by CROSS+ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:39 am

Bubstubbler wrote:
Gotta throw some love out to Sasha Kaun, too, while we're at it (the guy who catches and finishes that play). He'd be a great role player on a winning team in the NBA. He's the type of player that a lot of teams would love to have as their 4th or 5th big: great attitude, plays hard, plays strong, cares about defense, always keeps his head up looking for passes, tries to play smart, is happy to play d and rebound, doesn't force things on offense, knows his limitations, no ego problems, really wants to win, etc. You almost expect him to have a lunch pail and hardhat in his locker.

LOL.

Sasha Kaun has to be one of the worst basketball players in the world as he basically has no basketball skill whatsoever.
Schizoaffective
Sophomore
And1: 106

Post#32 » by Schizoaffective » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:01 am

CROSS+ wrote:
Bubstubbler wrote:

LOL.

Sasha Kaun has to be one of the worst basketball players in the world as he basically has no basketball skill whatsoever.

^i saw justice in san francisco 2 weeks ago ^_^
CoolColJ
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#33 » by CoolColJ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:06 pm

He looks like the Russian Shved
Mattya
RealGM

Post#34 » by Mattya » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Tirion wrote:
Mattya wrote:
eltalavk wrote:For me, Mozgov and Fridzon were more important in the whole tournament, but Alexey played amazingly against Argentina. But watching his games versus Spain (both ones) and Lithuania where he played pretty bad, was really disappointing, I was expecting a lot more from him. And I'm not hating, because I love the guy and I'm rooting for him to do it well, but he needs to put more effort (a lot) on deffense.

On talent? Yeah.
On actual impact? Hell no. He was a complete liability against Spain and Lithuania.

...And he was completely unstoppable in others.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by Tirion » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Mattya wrote:
Tirion wrote:
On talent? Yeah.

Fridzon was more consistent than him. Monya was a far better leader. Mozgov looked unstoppable in some games too. If not for the bronze medal game, the Olympics would be a huge dissapointment for Shved.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#36 » by Mattya » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Tirion wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Tirion wrote:
On talent? Yeah.

Fridzon was more consistent than him. Monya was a far better leader. Mozgov looked unstoppable in some games too. If not for the bronze medal game, the Olympics would be a huge dissapointment for Shved.

Fridzon had games where he was nowhere to be seen. Same with Mozgov. Monya was hardly as good just because he was a better "leader." A huge dissapointment? I'll give that one an :roll:
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by Tirion » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:34 pm

Mattya wrote:
Tirion wrote:
Mattya wrote:

Fridzon had games where he was nowhere to be seen. Same with Mozgov. Monya was hardly as good just because he was a better "leader." A huge dissapointment? I'll give that one an :roll:

And Shved had games when he was a net negative. Both games against Spain, game against Lithuania. Complete trainwreck, to the point where Blatt had blood dripping from his nose. His first two good games were against weak teams. When things got tense, he folded, cause of lack of experience. Again, the bronze medal games was his saving grace.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mattya » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:42 pm

That's what you get with young players. Good games, and bad games. Attributing Blatts bloody nose to Shved is silly to say the least. When things got tense he made good plays and bad plays. When the bronze medal was on the line he hit a big three with under a minute left. Your overstating his negatives, and understating others negatives. Your making their role players out to be way better than they were.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by Tirion » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:52 pm

Mattya wrote:That's what you get with young players. Good games, and bad games. Attributing Blatts bloody nose to Shved is silly to say the least. When things got tense he made good plays and bad plays. When the bronze medal was on the line he hit a big three with under a minute left. Your overstating his negatives, and understating others negatives. Your making their role players out to be way better than they were.

Shved was brought to the team to be a point guard and run the offense. That was a tall order and he failed understandably, cause it's not his natural position. However he can't be called a second best player, when his team advanced to the semi-finals in spite of his play.
guille_4
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#40 » by guille_4 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm

I was also a bit disappointed with Shved's Olympics, although I believe it may be because he started so well. In both games against Spain he was a nonfactor. Still, definitely one of the top 4 performers of Russia's NT.

Return to The General Board