And1: 4,197

Week 1: Miami @ Houston | Sept 9th 1PM CBS 

Post#1 » by LittleOzzy » Sun Sep 2, 2012 4:13 am

dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,149

Re: Week 1: Miami @ Houston | Sept 9th 1PM CBS 

Post#2 » by dolphinatik » Mon Sep 3, 2012 1:46 am

this is going to be a long loooooooooooooooooooooooooong year for Miami football fans. I have never felt so lack luster and hopeless at the start of a season as I have in this one. The offensive line looks like trash, we still dont go down the field and we released/traded two guys who could contribute. Ill still watch but I dont have my hopes up. Ill be happy if we can at least get a 100 yard rusher and a 200 yard passer a game.

The good news is the passing game is more vertical and we are trying to use more slants and curls.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
jonnychan
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#3 » by jonnychan » Mon Sep 3, 2012 10:30 am

dolphinatik wrote:this is going to be a long loooooooooooooooooooooooooong year for Miami football fans. I have never felt so lack luster and hopeless at the start of a season as I have in this one. The offensive line looks like trash, we still dont go down the field and we released/traded two guys who could contribute. Ill still watch but I dont have my hopes up. Ill be happy if we can at least get a 100 yard rusher and a 200 yard passer a game.

The good news is the passing game is more vertical and we are trying to use more slants and curls.

I don't see why people can't look forward to a season with a highly talented rookie QB leading the offense. I am not a Dolphins fan btw (Bucs fan), so I may have a different expectation for the situation you are in, but I enjoyed every game of Josh Freeman since he started midway through 09 and his first complete season in 2010, good and bad.
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,558

Post#4 » by Slot Machine » Mon Sep 3, 2012 6:03 pm

In another perspective(Jags fan), I absolutely hated watching my team last year. Gabbert was atrocious, and the offense as a whole, never really did anything throughout the games. It really depends on how Tannehill plays, whether it's like Freeman who's exciting, or Gabbert, who had no pocket presence or vision last year. I haven't seen enough of Tannehill to know what the answer is, but it really depends on the QB. Last season was probably the first season where watching the games was just not enjoyable. I didn't mind the losing but the games themselves were almost always boring, grinding games.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#5 » by Altered_Beast » Tue Sep 4, 2012 2:08 am

the miami dolphins have never beat houston and that wont change on sunday

i always enjoy football season. even when we won 1 game back in 07. heres hoping that we finish 6-10 get a high pick and draft a stud receiver or corner in the first and some quality depth in the later rounds.

we got 2 3rd, 2 2nds and a first. thats alot of fire to be playing with.

yes im already looking forward to the draft we aint doin sh** this season

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#6 » by Pimpwerx » Tue Sep 4, 2012 4:18 am

I'm very down on the season, but I'll be at all the home games anyway. As noted before, we lack talent and seemingly direction. Hopefully Tannehill gives us some reasons to cheer this season. PEACE.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,504

Post#7 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Sep 4, 2012 7:25 pm

I think this year is all about Tannehill and his development. If he can survive this season and play well it will bode well for the future.
dolphinatik
Head Coach

Post#8 » by dolphinatik » Wed Sep 5, 2012 2:02 am

Garrard cut today, move was more about removing possible qb controversy than Garrard. they want Tanny to get all the reps with no challengers. Had Garrard stayed and recovered it would be a mess with media, teammates and fans demanding he starts. asa fan its tough to see but it needs to be done ala Peyton, Eli, Matt Ryan. I better see 70% passing plays to fastrack Tanny
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,504

Post#9 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Sep 5, 2012 12:26 pm

Yeah Tannehill being thrown right into the fire I think is actually the way to go. Find out right now if he has that "it" factor that people speak of and take it from there. We may only win 4 games all season but this is purely to see if Tannehill has it or not. If he is horrible i'd like to see Pat Devlin get a look but i'm in no way rooting for Tannehill to fail.. I like this kid a lot.
dolphinatik
Head Coach

Post#10 » by dolphinatik » Sun Sep 9, 2012 6:44 pm

got to stick with him now. bad first 1/2 lets see how the next 1/2 goes
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,598

Post#11 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:53 am

I would have preferred Moore to start this year if the team truly wants to compete. But, Tannehill does have potential. He looked good at times and does have a great arm.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Clipsfan7
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Clipsfan7 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Phins gotta step it up tonight, including tanny. hopefully mike wallace can provehe has chemistry, which he claimed...

also, if anyone wants to rate my team. 10 team league, 6th pick:
Stafford
Spiller
Chris johnson
Mile wallace
Demarious thomas
Dustin keller
Reggie bush
Bears d
Ravens kicker
Bench mainly consists of: Michael bush, ty hilton, torrey smith, flacco, andre brown.

Thoughts?
heatchamp45
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#13 » by heatchamp45 » Sat Sep 7, 2013 1:37 pm

The phins will beat cleveland

Phins 27
Cleveland 17
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,598

Post#14 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Sep 8, 2013 8:46 pm

Fins looked good towards the end. Tannehil can be good if he had an Offensive Line. That was just horrible Tackle play. Once they started giving him extra help from the TE's, he started to show some nice passes. Great to get a nice start to the season, but I am not too hopeful with this line.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Miami Dolphins