ImageImage

OT: Milwaukee Restaurant/Food/Beer/Entertainment Discussion

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

DaveMeyers
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Re: OT: Restaurant/Food/Beer Discussion 

Post#261 » by DaveMeyers » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:39 pm

Has anyone been to Upper 90 right by the BC? I've walked past it many times but now I'm looking to try it out.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#262 » by Badgerlander » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:00 am

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#263 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Has anybody ever tried the Milwaukee Sail Loft in the Third Ward? It appears to be a newer place. They have a groupon for appetizers/drinks that seems decent and we're going to be down there this weekend. It looks like a mid priced, somewhat nicer seafood themed place on the Milwaukee River. But this is the first I've heard of it.

My wife and I like the bum the Third Ward when we head down to Milwaukee. I like the Wicked Hop quite a bit and she likes some of the stores. I used to like the Milwaukee Ale House but wasn't impressed when we went there last spring. Water Buffalo had good food, but wasn't really what I was expecting. I think we were looking a little more casual. I liked Fanatics, but heard it closed. Went there for a MU game last winter.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#264 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:29 pm

DaveMeyers wrote:Has anyone been to Upper 90 right by the BC? I've walked past it many times but now I'm looking to try it out.

Never heard of it. Is it the old Gametime?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#265 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:57 pm

DaveMeyers wrote:Has anyone been to Upper 90 right by the BC? I've walked past it many times but now I'm looking to try it out.

It's a sports bar with super swanky menu. Too high end and fancy for my tastes when I want to just get drunk and get wings.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#266 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:32 pm

I just did a Google search and that place seems decent. Looks like it may be a long narrow bar so if crowded may be annoying, but I'm getting older and hate packed bars, lol. Menu sounded good but as said above, more mid-tier pricing than inexpensive. Seems like a good option to have around there though. Surprised this is the first I heard of it, unless it's like really new.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#267 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:44 pm

LarryHarris wrote:I mentioned this before, but I thought I'd do it again. My friends and I are going to a different restaurant every month, starting with a place beginning with an "A" and going to "Z." So far, we are up to "I."

Ahhhhh. Wish I would have seen this before you got to "I"

Just had a fantastic dinner at Industri Cafe on 2nd in Walker's Point. Instantly became one of my favorite restaurants.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#268 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:00 pm

So we did end up going to the Sail Loft in the 3rd Ward last Saturday. Actually was a really cool place but extremely dead. It seems like a place that would maybe be hopping in the summer b/c it has lots of outdoor seating on the Milwaukee River, or maybe its just dead in general. For being in the 3rd Ward its kind of off the path from the shops, its like right by the Hoan bridge. Prices were mid-range as expected. We had a Groupon on for a couple appetizers and drinks, but sandwiches ran $10-$15 and entrees $15-$25. And I think our additional beers were like $5/pint for 312 which is probably a little more than a Miller Lite.

I'd go back but wouldn't be shocked it its closed the next time we're in town unless the summer crowd makes it go.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#269 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:00 pm

I actually went to Upper 90 on Sat night before the game and had The Taz burger which is their version of a juicy lucy...angus burger stuffed with cheddar & bacon...very good burger, great meat quality and the stuffed burger is solid, but I prefer having cheese & bacon on top you can taste it better.

But I realize I just posted something about them like 3 posts up so I wanted to come back and say I enjoyed the pregame there. We got there at 530 or so and got a table right away. Very good beer list, good service, good atmosphere. But there's still plenty on the menu, I wouldn't touch so haven't changed on that. But I would go back before another game. It's so close to the Bradley Center.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#270 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:04 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I actually went to Upper 90 on Sat night before the game and had The Taz burger which is their version of a juicy lucy...angus burger stuffed with cheddar & bacon...very good burger, great meat quality and the stuffed burger is solid, but I prefer having cheese & bacon on top you can taste it better.

But I realize I just posted something about them like 3 posts up so I wanted to come back and say I enjoyed the pregame there. We got there at 530 or so and got a table right away. Very good beer list, good service, good atmosphere. But there's still plenty on the menu, I wouldn't touch so haven't changed on that. But I would go back before another game. It's so close to the Bradley Center.

I thought about going there after the game, but my wife & I started drinking at like 100PM so were well on our way. Thus we opted to get some Pizza Shuttle delivered to the hotel. We'll have to try that Upper 90 sometime, I see they have Alligator Bites.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#271 » by trwi7 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 12:35 am

Kary Osmond is a Goddess. That is all.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#272 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:40 am

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#273 » by trwi7 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:28 am

Pizza Man is going to reopen on Downer Avenue.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#274 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:58 am

If you guys are ever in Chicago and don't have immediate cardiovascular concerns, Cafecito's "Chivito" really needs to be sampled. One of the best sandwiches in the city. The Pollo Chipolte also goes down way too easy.

http://www.cafecitochicago.com/menu
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#275 » by Buck You » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:20 pm

What are your guys' opinions on the best and worst bars you have been to in the milwaukee area?

For me:
Best: Bad Genie
Worst: Annies Place
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#276 » by skones » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Buck You wrote:What are your guys' opinions on the best and worst bars you have been to in the milwaukee area?

For me:

I go to Bad Genie really often. I also like Flannery's, The Garage, and Rogue's Gallery.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#277 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 am

I got a great beer related present from my mother-in-law this past Christmas. She gave me eight beers from the Mikkeller One Hop Series. They're all IPAs that were brewed using only one variety of hop, some of which aren't even generally used for IPAs. Haven't tried any of them yet, but I'm about to crack open a Mt. Hood followed by a Saaz. Both of these hops are usually used for lagers and pilsners so I'm pretty excited to see how they taste in these beers.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#278 » by KidA24 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:31 am

Ill-yasova wrote:I got a great beer related present from my mother-in-law this past Christmas. She gave me eight beers from the Mikkeller One Hop Series. They're all IPAs that were brewed using only one variety of hop, some of which aren't even generally used for IPAs. Haven't tried any of them yet, but I'm about to crack open a Mt. Hood followed by a Saaz. Both of these hops are usually used for lagers and pilsners so I'm pretty excited to see how they taste in these beers.

That is an awesome present. I look forward to a full report!
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#279 » by mattg » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:37 am

Buck You wrote:What are your guys' opinions on the best and worst bars you have been to in the milwaukee area?

For me:

Annie's place in Hales Corners haha?
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#280 » by SpursNBucks » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:36 am

The places I probably miss the most our Zifaro's Pizza on Farwell and Copps Burgers. Landmark Bowl was a good grunge hangout where you could play pool, bowl, and drink cheap- the only problem was it was reaching new stink levels when I left. There was a very cool bar that I liked it was a few blocks off Brady - kind of in a residential area- had shuffleboard and pool- just a nice laid back atmosphere.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks