LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Joel Embiid - the next Super Center? 

Post#1 » by LakerLegend » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:28 pm

ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Re: Joel Embiid - the next Super Center? 

Post#2 » by ManualRam » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:00 pm

i can't say he's the next anything since he's so new to the scene and i havent watched him play.
he's got long arms, huge hands, athletic and a fairly developed lower body (compared to most young 7' pogo sticks) which is good to see. he's obviously a quick study having only played the game for over a yr. looks fairly aggressive as well. i can't say anything about his touch because that's just a highlight tape, so of course he's gonna make the shots that he takes.
all i take away from what i've seen thus far is pretty much the physical, which isn't much different from when the first videos of steven adams came out.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
black bart
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#3 » by black bart » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:33 am

going by that video, he is scary coordinated for a seven footer.I can't believe it says he has only played the game for one year. He is going to be the number one recruit in his class by the end of the year most likely. Is he a sophmore or junior?
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#4 » by ManualRam » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:36 am

nhh90 wrote:going by that video, he is scary coordinated for a seven footer.I can't believe it says he has only played the game for one year. He is going to be the number one recruit in his class. Is he a sophmore or junior?

he's a senior
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
black bart
Rookie

Post#5 » by black bart » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:39 am

ManualRam wrote:
nhh90 wrote:going by that video, he is scary coordinated for a seven footer.I can't believe it says he has only played the game for one year. He is going to be the number one recruit in his class. Is he a sophmore or junior?

he's a senior

Oh. Then he isn't that special. I thought he would have time to improve.
peachbucket
Sixth Man
And1: 659

Post#6 » by peachbucket » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:10 am

Extremely impressive for someone who started basketball 1 year ago even for a highlight reel. His length, athleticism, and coordination are all top notch. Will need to put on some serious weight though since his only viable future position is the 5. If he can pack on 30lbs of muscle then sky is the limit.
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,634

Post#7 » by peZt » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 am

How often do you see a guy as big as him also be as nimble and fluid as him and then also have post moves and a jumper? Dude has incredible potential. Don't forget he also just started playing Basketball a few years ago

What an insane class that is. With him, Wiggins, Jabari, Randle, the Harrisons, Young, Gordon, maybe Dario Saric and so on. Theres no doubt to me that this is going to be the best class since 2003.
black bart
Rookie

Post#8 » by black bart » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:42 am

peZt wrote:What an insane class that is. With him, Wiggins, Jabari, Randle, the Harrisons, Young, Gordon, maybe Dario Saric and so on. Theres no doubt to me that this is going to be the best class since 2003.

He isn't going to make an immediate impact his freshmen year. He is though going to be a good sophmore/junior player.
bibby1023
Bench Warmer
And1: 208

Post#9 » by bibby1023 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Any news on where he's goin to college?
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#10 » by ManualRam » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:50 pm

bibby1023 wrote:Any news on where he's goin to college?

he goes to school in Gainesville and word is that Florida is in the lead for his services.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#11 » by ManualRam » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:33 pm

he also plays AAU ball with chris walker and kasey hill so there is a connection there. i say he goes to florida, but i wouldn't rule out a post grad year at a prep school given his lack of experience.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
crgreen
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#12 » by crgreen » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:40 am

ManualRam wrote:he also plays AAU ball with chris walker and kasey hill so there is a connection there. i say he goes to florida, but i wouldn't rule out a post grad year at a prep school given his lack of experience.

Reportedly he was steered to Montverde Academy last year by Camaroonian Luc Richard Mbah a Moute (Luc has a program for developing kids over in Africa). Tho Embiid has moved on to the Rock School for this year, supposedly Luc is still advising him. That would normally be good news for Luc's alma mater, UCLA. However they are apparently looking for a place with IMMEDIATE Playing time for Embiid as a frosh. At UCLA, Josh Smith is still only a Junior, as are both Wear Twins, and Tony Parker is only a Freshman. All are former MC D All America 4s or 5s. So the Bruins are off the list, apparently.d

Reportedly he plans to announce next week. Kansas, Texas and Florida are the favorites, with Virginia and Marquette as darkhorses...
ManualRam
RealGM

Post#13 » by ManualRam » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:21 pm

idontgiveashtaboutmelo

Return to NBA Draft