ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Re: ESPN: Josh Howard to Minnesota 

Post#21 » by Dual » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Howard>Conroy is all we need to know :D

Yesterdays game was the best example that we need someone that can contribute, Conroy wasnt that guy.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#22 » by C.lupus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:20 pm

I'm pretty meh on this. Not a big Howard fan but they do need another warm body so, as long as he doesn't mess up the chemistry on the team, I'm OK with it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,584

Post#23 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:32 pm

“@DarrenWolfson: At a luncheon, so sorry if this is out: Conroy told he has been let go. #twolves”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Good article from last Saturday: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... ck-in-nba/

“I’m just a surprise waiting to happen for anybody that picks me up,” Howard, a former Wizard, said in a recent telephone interview. “Of course, I am at the end of my career, as far as what they consider older guys, but I’ve got a lot left in the tank.”

“I’m not mad about not being in the NBA right now because when I look back on my career, not too many guys that are in there right now can say they’ve done the things I’ve done,” he said. “I’m happy, but I want to get out there and keep playing because I have a lot to give.”
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Gunny
Pro Prospect
And1: 491

Post#25 » by Gunny » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Klomp wrote:
“@DarrenWolfson: At a luncheon, so sorry if this is out: Conroy told he has been let go. #twolves”

I wonder how Roy feels about this...
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:51 pm

“@JimPeteHoops: Josh Howard is a good fit for the Adelman system. Here are his numbers from my basketball bible...Basketball Reference. http://t.co/7OhBPhuv

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Gunny wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I doubt it's a big deal. People made too much about the friendship to begin with. Roy's a vet, he knows this is a business.

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#28 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Gunny wrote:
Klomp wrote:

probably wondering "Am I next" or "Hey, Conroy, right behind you" or "grab us a cab" ... ??? :dontknow:
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#29 » by Murphs56 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm very happy with this move. We aren't asking Josh to do much, just hit the open jumper and play some defense. Adelman will get the most out of him
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#30 » by Esohny » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Dewey wrote:probably wondering "Am I next" or "Hey, Conroy, right behind you" or "grab us a cab" ... ??? :dontknow:

Only if he has season ending surgery or is forced to retire, I'd think. Otherwise, they're either keeping him or trading his guaranteed contract.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#31 » by [RCG] » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Considering Roy hasn't done anything so far he wouldn't be too big of a loss.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Twolves1Fan
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#32 » by Twolves1Fan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Well, I'm all for bringing in anyone who can help us while we deal with this crazy injury situation we have. But I need you guys to help settle a debate that I'm having with a co-worker.

Is Josh Howard the guy who stirred up a bunch of trouble one summer when he refused to recognize the National Athem or started cussing while it was being played or something like that while he was at a bsaeball game or some kind of function?

Wasn't there a you tube video of him going off about the country and how he doesn't give a crap etc...

Or was it someone else? I don't know why I keep thinking it was Josh Howard when he played for the Mavericks.

Thanks and let's hope Howard can help us!!!
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by C.lupus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Junior
And1: 112

Post#34 » by ... » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Twolves1Fan wrote:Well, I'm all for bringing in anyone who can help us while we deal with this crazy injury situation we have. But I need you guys to help settle a debate that I'm having with a co-worker.

Is Josh Howard the guy who stirred up a bunch of trouble one summer when he refused to recognize the National Athem or started cussing while it was being played or something like that while he was at a bsaeball game or some kind of function?

Wasn't there a you tube video of him going off about the country and how he doesn't give a crap etc...

Or was it someone else? I don't know why I keep thinking it was Josh Howard when he played for the Mavericks.

Thanks and let's hope Howard can help us!!!

Here you go.
Twolves1Fan
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#35 » by Twolves1Fan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks guys! I appreciate the info! I hate that I was correct about that but hopefully Howard has changed. I don't recall hearing anything else bad about him since then.

Hopefully he can help us!!!

Thanks again for the fast info fellas. :D
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,301

Post#36 » by younggunsmn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Chocobanana wrote:How did he become so bad anyway? I remember in Dallas he was pretty good.

Lots and lots of this:

I really hope he doesn't like skittles.

Seriously though, he better not be taking any of Shveddy's minutes. I can see Adelman wanting a proper backup 3 for Kirilenko with Budinger out and WIlliams playing his way out of the rotation.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#37 » by packforfreedom » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Not sure about that, especially for the lockerroom. But.......no more minutes for Conroy is a good thing + Howard can score some points. Still don't have a good feeling about that - I hope I'm wrong.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:32 pm

If Chase is healthy by the deadline, and Howard proves he can play a little yet, could be another trade chip.

karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Post#39 » by karch34 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 pm

I'm fine with the move. We needed another player and a veteran like Howard isn't the worst thing. Low expectations as this is just trying to get by a few more weeks with our head above water.

Also we have passified the ghost of Foye this offseason and Ebi with this move.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by C.lupus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:06 am

With this move today, they must be confident Barea will be back tomorrow night, right?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves