ImageImage

JS: Skiles Comments on Tobias

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

JS: Skiles Comments on Tobias 

Post#1 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:53 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this, but since Tobias is a highly talked about player I'll create a new thread. Here are some Skiles comments on Tobias' ups and downs from MJS.

Second-year forward Tobias Harris has struggled at times in his new starting role.

But he had 11 points, four rebounds and two assists Wednesday and contributed to the Bucks' solid start against the Pacers. He scored the first five points of the game as the Bucks got off to a 7-0 lead and never trailed.

"Tobias' issue is not on the offensive end," Skiles said. "His issue is on the other end of the floor with his rebounding or lack thereof in certain games and just his individual defense.

"He's learning that position. He spent a lot of time in college just standing around and watching the ball. Now he's got people screening him, guys running off staggers and pick-and-roll defense. There's a whole bunch of things he has to learn and process. We're watching him and he's getting better.

"We also know Mike (Dunleavy) is there and Marquis is there as well. So we feel comfortable at that position."
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Re: JS: Skiles Comments on Tobias 

Post#2 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Also no mention of Mbah a Moute for that position so that leads me to think he is not coming back anytime soon.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#3 » by unklchuk » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:06 pm

N8Frog wrote:Also no mention of Mbah a Moute for that position so that leads me to think he is not coming back anytime soon.

Seems a reasonable inference.

I might suspect that when he does come back that he may be unable or perhaps unwilling (to avoid blowing his career) to practice the same frenetic defense that made him so effective.

I'm beginning to think about him as probably a different (and lesser) player. As a regret.
AFAIK, IDKM
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#4 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:12 pm

N8Frog wrote:Also no mention of Mbah a Moute for that position so that leads me to think he is not coming back anytime soon.

Last piece of information that came out said he was supposed to start practicing next week.

I'm going to infer that Skiles is just talking about the players he has had available for the season so far.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#5 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:37 pm

I like Tobias a lot but I agree that his defense has been horrible. I want to see him get minutes but I'm not sure he should get them as a starter. I would love to see him get some mentoring from Luc Richard
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#6 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:38 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:

Last piece of information that came out said he was supposed to start practicing next week.

I'm going to infer that Skiles is just talking about the players he has had available for the season so far.

I agree. They aren't speculating on who will be available yet
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
A Diddy2231
Analyst
And1: 106

Post#7 » by A Diddy2231 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Ted Davis said on 1250 yesterday that he expects Luc Richard to be back before the end of the month
Johnny wrote:You betrayed me! You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#8 » by Newz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:56 pm

Where is Moute even going to fit in our rotation at this point? I'm not sure you want to give up the offense that Tobes and Dunleavy give... they have both been excellent on that end this year.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#9 » by europa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Newz wrote:Where is Moute even going to fit in our rotation at this point?

If Ilyasova continues to play like ass, I'd start Moute at PF. Bucks need to get his defense on the court somehow.
Nothing will not break me.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#10 » by emunney » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:10 pm

Our defense has been fine without him. I'd be comfortable playing him if he's healthy, but there's no need there.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#11 » by JayMKE » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Luc, Udoh, Sanders would be a ridiculous frontcourt

I so want to see it
FREE GIANNIS
europa
RealGM

Post#12 » by europa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:12 pm

I think the perimeter defense is a major area of concern. I love Tobes but he's not a good defender. Dunleavy's terrible. Whenever Ellis is on the court he sucks defensively. I think the Bucks need Moute's perimeter defense.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#13 » by emunney » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:16 pm

I think the Bucks need Dunleavy's and Harris's offense much more than they need Moute's defense. Team defense has been very good thus far.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#14 » by LUKE23 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:21 pm

We are 5th in defense right now. 17th in offense. We cannot afford to sacrifice O for D with how the team is currently playing. Moute should not be playing over either Harris or Dunleavy at the moment. To me, Moute is a matchup player off the bench on this roster. I wouldn't start him over either Harris or Ilyasova.
europa
RealGM

Post#15 » by europa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:21 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:I like Tobias a lot but I agree that his defense has been horrible. I want to see him get minutes but I'm not sure he should get them as a starter. I would love to see him get some mentoring from Luc Richard

I'd like to see that too. If he picked up anything defensively from Moute that would be an enormous addition to his game. I agree Harris' defense is a major issue. Problem is Dunleavy's D also stinks. That's an issue at the position without a doubt.

ETA - I wouldn't start Moute over Harris. I would absolutely consider starting him over Ilyasova if Ersan keeps playing like garbage.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#16 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:22 pm

LUKE23 wrote:We are 5th in defense right now. 17th in offense. We cannot afford to sacrifice O for D with how the team is currently playing. Moute should not be playing over either Harris or Dunleavy at the moment. To me, Moute is a matchup player off the bench on this roster. I wouldn't start him over either Harris or Ilyasova.

Yup.
Newz
Banned User

Post#17 » by Newz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:35 pm

emunney wrote:I think the Bucks need Dunleavy's and Harris's offense much more than they need Moute's defense. Team defense has been very good thus far.

Yup.

Moute/Udoh/Sanders is fun to think about defensively... but unless you are trotting out Chris Paul and Kevin Durant at the 1 and 2 you aren't scoring any points.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#18 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 pm

europa wrote:I think the perimeter defense is a major area of concern. I love Tobes but he's not a good defender. Dunleavy's terrible. Whenever Ellis is on the court he sucks defensively. I think the Bucks need Moute's perimeter defense.

Absolutely agree with this

Newz
Banned User

Post#19 » by Newz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:38 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:
europa wrote:I think the perimeter defense is a major area of concern. I love Tobes but he's not a good defender. Dunleavy's terrible. Whenever Ellis is on the court he sucks defensively. I think the Bucks need Moute's perimeter defense.

Absolutely agree with this

So where do you play him and how do you score points with him on the floor?
A Diddy2231
Analyst
And1: 106

Post#20 » by A Diddy2231 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:40 pm

I think Moute and Daniels should serve the same purpose..come in only when there's a good wing player or in Moute's case a PF who is lighting us up on the perimeter
Johnny wrote:You betrayed me! You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks