Mike Bresnahan: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Stebo_SSK
Banned User
And1: 22

Re: Mike Bresnahan: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni 

Post#481 » by Stebo_SSK » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:33 am

Aki wrote:
EnigmaticProblem wrote:Anyone who thinks Pau will be traded is reaching. Who would they trade Gasol for? The Lakers are NOT going to jeopardize their 2014 free agency arrangement.

rudy gay and filler big man depth

Explain to me why would Memphis trade their best wing player for a Pau? Especially when they already have Marc and Zbo starting. Where does Pau fit? How does that make them better?
JustAwesome
Analyst
And1: 78

Post#482 » by JustAwesome » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:22 am

Jajwanda wrote:Frankly I don't think Nash has any problem running the floor, it's not as tiring as people make it out to be.

The majority of us have never played 40 minutes a night in 82 games against NBA caliber players before, so we're going to assume that it's not an easy thing, especially for a player who has been putting his body on the line for over a decade now.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#483 » by Jajwanda » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:53 am

Could we perhaps see a move of Kobe to the SF position under D'Antoni? You could make a strong argument that there are only two teams the Lakers would really fear making such a move against (OKC, Miami).
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#484 » by Dr Aki » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:59 am

Stebo_SSK wrote:
Aki wrote:
EnigmaticProblem wrote:Anyone who thinks Pau will be traded is reaching. Who would they trade Gasol for? The Lakers are NOT going to jeopardize their 2014 free agency arrangement.

Explain to me why would Memphis trade their best wing player for a Pau? Especially when they already have Marc and Zbo starting. Where does Pau fit? How does that make them better?

this was an easier question at the beginning of the year, rudy gay was an overpaid athletic freak that wasn't living up to his contract

and theyd have a suped up LO/pau/bynum rotation with genuine allstars, not just borderline ones as LO and drew were during their time together
Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#485 » by Kalidogg24 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:02 am

There's no way in hell Memphis is gonna trade away Rudy for Pau.
That type of thinking just screams out a true lack of basketball knowledge.

Age difference, contracts, and the position their teams are currently in at the moment
are what needs to be factored in.

Yes we are the Lakers and we are fortunate to get superstars to come to our team more often than most.
But let's not act like some spoiled fan base expecting anytime the going gets tough that we need to pull a trade resulting in some other franchise bending over backwards for us.
Have some damn pride.
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,409

Post#486 » by Patman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:14 pm

Stebo_SSK wrote:
Aki wrote:

When the Lakers make a trade, it doesn't have to make sense for the other team lol.
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#487 » by Dr Aki » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:44 pm

lol @ true lack of basketball knowledge, sorry to turn this on you, but you didn't have to call me out for being ignorant. you could've stayed respectful and we could've had a friendly debate

have you taken a look at memphis's salary structure lately?? they're paying through the nose for 3 players and mike conley they have 53 million dollars wrapped up in gay, zbo, gasol in 2014/15 and 9 mil more in conley. 62 mil for 4 players!

16.5 mil (max) for rudy gay, 26yo (19.3m in 2014/15) for a career 19/6/2 player, who's never even been an allstar. and on a team like the grizz who's biggest accomplishment has been to take a yet matured OKC to 7 games in 2011 WCSF and just recently got bounced in the first round to the clips?

they're not even projected to get past the WCSFs for the foreseeable future.

not sure how their new owner (who's net worth went from 1.5B to 850M in the matter of months), would tolerate watching the grizz bleed money away while they're overpaying for fringe all-stars on a team that probably won't get past the 1st or 2nd rounds.

incoming with the crazy LT rates (they're fine for 2013/14 with cheapish bench), but zbo aint gonna opt out of 16.5m in 2014/15, not without a good reason. but come 2014/15, theyll only have 4 players on the books, 5 if darrell arthur opts in for 3.5mil, so they're going to find 7-10 players minimum? they already let oj mayo go, they couldnt afford to pay him, and he's on a very reasonable contract with dallas

like i said, this decision was a lot easier to make at the beginning of the year, when everyone was 0-0. perhaps not right now, but come next year, after yet another disappointing playoff run, don't be surprised if memphis take one look at pau gasol's gigantuan expiring contract and hits the reset button on their franchise.
Kalidogg24
Head Coach

Post#488 » by Kalidogg24 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:11 pm

There's nothing to debate.
Your basing this off of "this decision was a lot easier to make at the beginning of the year,
when everyone was 0-0."
Im sorry I just hate living in the past of the coulda, shoulda, woulda type of mentality.

For what it's worth, I'm frustrated with Pau just like the rest of ya'll
but I'm not into falling for some hopeless pipe dream.
Hell yeah I would dish Pau for Rudy ,but it's not even worth discussing because it ain't happening IMO.
You just gotta keep pushing ,hoping for the best with what you got.

I'm truly Sorry if I hurt your feelings man.
Honestly I wasn't only talking to you since you aren't
the only one in here pushing for this trade to happen.
I mean you honestly can't be that surprised someone was gonna come back with a rebuttal,
you admitted yourself it was ignorant on your part.
With that said sorry once again for the hard swing and it wasn't meant to be personal.

PEACE :D

MAMBA OUT

LOL
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
Mr. Natural
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#489 » by Mr. Natural » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:27 pm

When is Nash returning from injury?
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#490 » by Dr Aki » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:23 am

Kalidogg24 wrote:There's nothing to debate.
Your basing this off of "this decision was a lot easier to make at the beginning of the year,
when everyone was 0-0."
Im sorry I just hate living in the past of the coulda, shoulda, woulda type of mentality.

For what it's worth, I'm frustrated with Pau just like the rest of ya'll
but I'm not into falling for some hopeless pipe dream.
Hell yeah I would dish Pau for Rudy ,but it's not even worth discussing because it ain't happening IMO.
You just gotta keep pushing ,hoping for the best with what you got.

I'm truly Sorry if I hurt your feelings man.
Honestly I wasn't only talking to you since you aren't
the only one in here pushing for this trade to happen.
I mean you honestly can't be that surprised someone was gonna come back with a rebuttal,
you admitted yourself it was ignorant on your part.
With that said sorry once again for the hard swing and it wasn't meant to be personal.

PEACE :D

MAMBA OUT

LOL

since you're sorry, imma let this slide

but talent side ain't got nothing to do with this decision. its ALL about the money and whether its worth being a treadmill team
Kalidogg24
Head Coach

Post#491 » by Kalidogg24 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:46 am

Let what slide?! So what your saying now is that you weren't being ignorant? Lmao
Make up your mind.

Talent or money this is foolish talk. It ain't happening man.
An when I hurt people's feelings its normally the opposing players on the basketball court and not in some hoop chat forum.

If you got something you need to get off please feel free.
It's not going to change my mind about this pipe dream that imo has been a waste of time discussing the possibility.
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
Kalidogg24
Head Coach

Post#492 » by Kalidogg24 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:50 am

Aki wrote:lol @ true lack of basketball knowledge, sorry to turn this on you, but you didn't have to call me out for being ignorant.
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#493 » by Dr Aki » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:24 am

Kalidogg24 wrote:
Aki wrote:lol @ true lack of basketball knowledge, sorry to turn this on you, but you didn't have to call me out for being ignorant.

thats not an admittal, thats stating you were calling me ignorant, of which im not

money is money, how do you think we got pau gasol in the first place?
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#494 » by Ckay » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:38 am

MD gonna coach tomo?
Wreckus13
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#495 » by Wreckus13 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:48 am

Ckay wrote:MD gonna coach tomo?