ImageImageImageImageImage

Where is Camby??

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

wasted_101
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Where is Camby?? 

Post#1 » by wasted_101 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:23 am

They say Camby is not up to speed, but you heard it here folks, something is amiss. Last game Camby played, he had 4 rebounds in 8 minutes. He has not played since. Not even in garbage time.

Think about that. Camby didn't even play in garbage time, not even to get a feel for the game- though they say he is not up to speed.

And we have been getting killed on the boards.

And he has been available.
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Re: Where is Camby?? 

Post#2 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:30 am

Camby slept with Woodys wife...
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#3 » by 2010 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:46 am

Yeah, I don't get it either. I also don't understand why the media isn't asking Woody why Camby is getting DNP-CD's.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,539

Post#4 » by ctorres » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:02 am

Sheed is our back up center. Woodson probably feels that he can't play Sheed and Camby together so he has to pick one.
Vorikan
Junior
And1: 77

Post#5 » by Vorikan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:26 am

If he is not in Woodson plan,why did we even signed him ? and he didn't took minimum salary as far as i know...
HateMyThreads
Junior
And1: 16

Post#6 » by HateMyThreads » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:31 am

Guys it was back to back nights. His calf isn't 100% .... he can barely practice. Relax you do know we're in game 7 of the season not game 25. He'll be playing a lot more in the next week or 2. Why rush an older guy like Camby back this early in the season when he's not 100%? If Camby gets in there and plays 20 min tonight against Memphis and is hurt for 2 weeks .... everyone here is asking why Woodson played him. U guys are crazy
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#7 » by TheBigBoss » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:31 am

ctorres wrote:Sheed is our back up center. Woodson probably feels that he can't play Sheed and Camby together so he has to pick one.

That makes no sense, their games compliment one another's.
HateMyThreads
Junior
And1: 16

Post#8 » by HateMyThreads » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:32 am

HateMyThreads wrote:Guys it was back to back nights. His calf isn't 100% .... he can barely practice. Relax you do know we're in game 7 of the season not game 25. He'll be playing a lot more in the next week or 2. Why rush an older guy like Camby back this early in the season when he's not 100%? If Camby gets in there and plays 20 min tonight against Memphis and is hurt for 2 weeks .... everyone here is asking why Woodson played him and forced him in there this early in the season. U guys are crazy
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#9 » by HEZI » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:52 am

Relax. You guys forget how long the NBA season is, and how far we envision going in the playoffs. Its been 7 games and the team has a 6-1 record. Woody knows he has an older group so he has to protect these guys and manage their minutes properly. Camby is not fully healthy so need to rush him. He will be a huge help during our second half of the season run and throughout the playoffs. The fresher he is later, the better. For right now, we seem to be doing just fine without him. One loss to the Grizz means nothing. Yeah they are big and Camby's services would have been useful, but at what price would it come? Banging down low with their bigs and risk injury when hes not fully healthy, just to win our 7th game of the season, when we already had a 6-0 start is just not worth it. Trust Woody and his strategy, hes a pretty smart coach.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,539

Post#10 » by ctorres » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:58 am

TheBigBoss wrote:
ctorres wrote:Sheed is our back up center. Woodson probably feels that he can't play Sheed and Camby together so he has to pick one.

That makes no sense, their games compliment one another's.

Offensively yes, but defensively they can't keep up with most opposing 4's.
Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Post#11 » by Leaguepass » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 am

I'm a little surprised at Camby not playing as well. Haven't heard anything on him.

Prior to the game I said that playing small ball vs. Memphis wouldn't work and unfortunately I turned out to be right. I still think that playing a

Felton
Kidd
Melo
Camby
Tyson

line-up would have given the Grizzlies an entirely different look. I think Camby/Tyson on Zach/Gasol would have almost cut their production in half. Typically players like Camby give guys like Randolph huge problems due to their lengths. The good thing about Woodson is that he seemed to recognize he made a mistake and already said he'd make adjustments for the game in MSG. That's what I really like about Woody. Admits/recognizes a mistake and corrects it.
fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#12 » by fdr2012 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:43 am

I have no clue why Camby wasn't paying. Grizzlies were abusing us on the boards and Camby is our best defensive rebounder. Camby would hve done just fine defensively with Randolph or Gasol.

We signed this guy for a reason.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#13 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Trust Woody. He must not feel Camby is ready yet. You think if hes ready he doesnt play instead of kurt thomas? Come on, use your head and relax.

Btw from what i saw last time he played he is not ready. He looked very slow still.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#14 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:05 pm

I think woody felt orlando was a good opportunity to gauge where Camby was at and he gauged Camby wasnt quite ready yet and I would back that up and if he felt that way playing him in a brutal road back to back wasnt going to help. I expect woody to ease him in pretty soon.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
casesuggs6
Junior
And1: 50

Post#15 » by casesuggs6 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 pm

I was also wondering where Camby was, but I gotta believe there was a reason Woody didn't play him. What bothered me though was why he didn't use Thomas more. There was no way Melo was going to be able to deal with Marc or Randolph. Both those guys are way to big for Melo. And even though the Knicks gotta a lot of bad calls, the calls that were made on Melo were accurate.

So my gripe is, why didn't Kurt play more. My only guess is that they were playing well in the first half, so Woody didn't think he needed to.
BallBoy = New Member/Low Post Count. Everyone has been one.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#16 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Leaguepass wrote:I'm a little surprised at Camby not playing as well. Haven't heard anything on him.

Prior to the game I said that playing small ball vs. Memphis wouldn't work and unfortunately I turned out to be right. I still think that playing a

Felton
Kidd
Melo
Camby
Tyson

line-up would have given the Grizzlies an entirely different look. I think Camby/Tyson on Zach/Gasol would have almost cut their production in half. Typically players like Camby give guys like Randolph huge problems due to their lengths. The good thing about Woodson is that he seemed to recognize he made a mistake and already said he'd make adjustments for the game in MSG. That's what I really like about Woody. Admits/recognizes a mistake and corrects it.

Can't play 2 bigs together who both can't shoot from outside 5 feet.
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#17 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:33 pm

If Woodson really doesn't like Camby I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would trade for him.

But yeah I think it's just a matter of him not being physically ready yet.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#18 » by Sprewell4Three » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Last time I saw Camby was during that Orlando game and the man could barely move. Not surprised why he isn't playing much now...
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#19 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:44 pm

He didn't look good in the few minutes he's played.

He's just not ready.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#20 » by NYKat » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:52 pm

I would guess Camby ain't looking to good in practice, at least not as good as Sheed and Thomas, but c'mon, we're getting destroyed on the glass, Chandler's playing with 4 fouls in the 3rd quarter, and Melois guarding a center and you still can't find time for Camby?

Something's up

Return to New York Knicks