Bynum reinjures knees by bowling

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Dragic13
Pro Prospect
And1: 77

Re: Bynum reinjures knees by bowling 

Post#41 » by Dragic13 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:09 am

diablerouge wrote:
asudevil wrote:
The MVPlaya wrote:How is he an idiot because he was bowling? Ya'll are just feeding off Bynum's reputation. By the responses in this thread you'd think this dude pulled a Monta Ellis or something. I don't see what's wrong with him bowling. As far as we know he hasn't hurt himself bowling before so....

yes he IS an idiot.

if i'm a pitcher and injure my shoulder it doesnt mean its ok to go rock climbing during my rehab.....its freaking common sense.

If Yao breaks his foot and takes tap dancing during his rehab, then he would be an idiot. If Amare decided to play hopscotch while rehabbing his micro fracture, he'd be an idiot.

If you arent medically cleared to play basketball and you go bowling "because you havent hurt yourself bowling before", then you are an idiot. ANY activity that COULD cause further damage to an injury should be avoided, especially when that injury is a.) not healed and b.) chronic.

It would be like a picher playing darts during his rehab, not rock climbing.

If you use your shoulder playing darts you are doing it wrong.
asudevil
Analyst
And1: 689

Post#42 » by asudevil » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:17 am

83SixersRocked wrote:It's bowling. Walking with and then rolling a ball. Injury expectations are about nil. Some of you act like he hit the slopes with a ski and a pogo stick.

Proper bowling form puts stress on the knees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5lMzjiJxBY fast forward to 1:05. yes...joking

i'm not going to continue arguing this, but i will say that when using form typical of a professional bowler (as i assume Bynum has because he is an avid bowler) there is stress put on the knees. a 300 pounder sliding across a slick floor with his knees bent with all his weight on one leg cant be healthy....and yes...i do have experience....both first hand and family who are professionals bowlers. but if you want to provide a defense for bynum then i'm all ears.

and saying that he went golfing during his rehab with the lakers is NOT a defense....because look at where his knees are now.

i'm not saying that Bynum is wreckless...but careless. he's had a well documented history of bad knees. and his activities outside of basketball may very well have contributed to his injuries being chronic.

and in all seriousness:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/s ... 250815.stm
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/117 ... wling.html

and google is your friend folks...there is PLENTY of information regarding knee injuries from bowling, and the stress that bowling puts on your knees......imagine that stress on already injured knees.
frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#43 » by frothbrain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:41 am

damn first webber, then brand, now bynum.

sixers cant catch a break.
702Celtics
Rookie
And1: 20

Post#44 » by 702Celtics » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:04 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:Yeah, bowling isn't really a high impact game. 90 year old women can still go bowling.

I have to give him a bit of a pass on this one.

I've bowled in a league before, and I used to take ibuprofen before league started so that my knee wouldn't hurt. Granted that Bynum will never become a pro bowler, he should have taken it easy on his knee.
GratefulDead
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#45 » by GratefulDead » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:09 am

Eddy Curry V2.0 IMO
misterrunon
Senior
And1: 63

Post#46 » by misterrunon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:21 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:Yeah, bowling isn't really a high impact game. 90 year old women can still go bowling.

I have to give him a bit of a pass on this one.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,307

Post#47 » by Shem » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:10 am

Here's the thing. He re-injured himself by bowling. Obviously that wasn't a smart decision. I noticed there are some differences of opinions here about whether or not it was stupid. The plain simple truth is he had a setback in his rehab from bowling. Obviously it wasn't a great idea no matter how you truth to spin it.

And I've bowled enough to know that you can put stress on your knees doing it. If you're rehabbing your knees, I'd say bowling isn't a good idea at the time. You can disagree with me all you want, but one fact remains. It affected Bynum's knees doing it. That should be enough to think about for the future if it's a good idea to bowl if your knees are bad or you're rehabbing them.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Dagameplaya PnG
Sixth Man
And1: 130

Post#48 » by Dagameplaya PnG » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Maybe Bynums an aggressive bowler. Like running across the lane and power rolling that ball for strikes every time. That would definitely mess with his injuries if that's the case.
Los Angele Lakers & North Carolina Tar Heels fan for life
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#49 » by Ganji » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Heyvoon24 wrote:this is just sad. what the hell is wrong with this idiot

monta ellis messed his leg up driving a scooter
love broke his hand doing push ups with knuckles
i remember spain soccer goaltender broke his leg, when he drooped a bottle of perfume on his leg in hotel
stuff like that happens.
Train
Senior
And1: 9

Post#50 » by Train » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Dude should've bowled underarm. What a fool.

smh.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,340

Post#51 » by marson » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:17 pm

SMH at this guy, after tasting a couple of championship, dude got lazy and has forgotten to take care of his body. no drive, motivation or whatsoever.
Kynes
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#52 » by Kynes » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Ganji wrote:

i remember spain soccer goaltender broke his leg, when he drooped a bottle of perfume on his leg in hotel
stuff like that happens.

Santiago Canizares. The Spain goalkeeper missed the 2002 World Cup after accidentally shattering a bottle of aftershave in his hotel sink. A piece of glass fell on his foot, severing a tendon in his big toe.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#53 » by Rockice_24 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Oh boy if you are going to hurt your knee bowling then how can we ever expect him to play an NBA season. I'd be really worried if I was a Sixers fan.
TheUroborosWorm
Sixth Man
And1: 1,103

Post#54 » by TheUroborosWorm » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Kynes wrote:
Ganji wrote:

stuff like that happens.

Santiago Canizares. The Spain goalkeeper missed the 2002 World Cup after accidentally shattering a bottle of aftershave in his hotel sink. A piece of glass fell on his foot, severing a tendon in his big toe.

Well at least that was the "official" explanation... lol...

"unnofficial gossip about hooker's night party, alcohol, fights in the room and stuff like that" are always dismissed by cañizares, with an accomplice smile, who is now a good comentator in the main radio in spain :)
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#55 » by ATL Boy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:35 pm

So since he got hurt while he wasn't with the team does that mean that the 76ers don't have to pay him until he gets back? (Like how the Ravens didn't want to pay Suggs after his injury which was thought to be basketball related)
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,027

Post#56 » by twix2500 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Yall have to understand, Bynum knees are bad in general. Bowling can reaggrevate a need problem already. I have knees issue from playing ball, and yes my knees struggle to handle bowling. Unless I am bowling with two hands between my legs lol.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#57 » by Pimpwerx » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Bowling is low-impact, except for your wrists, shoulders and elbows. I honestly don't see how this could be blamed for his knee problem. He just has bad knees, and bowling made the problem apparent to him, but I don't think this can be linked to bowling. Then again, I haven't had a knee injury, as the gentleman above me did. PEACE.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#58 » by ChosenSavior » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Derailing GIF
Bodhi
Bench Warmer
And1: 81

Post#59 » by Bodhi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:14 pm

ATL Boy wrote:So since he got hurt while he wasn't with the team does that mean that the 76ers don't have to pay him until he gets back? (Like how the Ravens didn't want to pay Suggs after his injury which was thought to be basketball related)

It depends on if bowling was allowed in his contract and what his doctors had cleared him for
Jeanie Buss
JamesToney
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#60 » by JamesToney » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Bynum: 'I think it happened bowling.'

#Sixers #Bynum: 'It sucks. ... In hindsight, I guess I shouldn't have gone bowling. I don't see anything wrong with bowling.'

#Sixers #Bynum: 'If I get hurt bowling, what would happen dunking?'

#Sixers Collins, asked if there is anything he wants to add to what #Bynum said, shakes head no.

#Bynum says he has been bowling two or three times since he got here.

#Sixers #Bynum says it happened bowling a week ago Saturday.

#Sixers #Bynum: '(One theory with knee issues) is what’s going on with the injections. Also I just have bad cartilage."

https://twitter.com/tmoorepburbs

video interview

http://www.nba.com/sixers/video/bynum-addresses-media

Return to The General Board