KOTB: Portland/Cleveland

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 928

KOTB: Portland/Cleveland 

Post#1 » by kdawg32086 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Blazers Receive: Daniel Gibson

Cavs Receive: Joel Freeland

Why for Portland?: The Blazers' starting 5 has vastly exceeded expectations so far this season. The bench, however, has been abysmal and has been virtually unable to score. Portland begins its process of using some of its young players to acquire role players, who can compliment their starting 5. By adding Gibson, the Blazers land a much needed bench scorer and former college teammate of franchise player LaMarcus Aldridge.

Why for Cleveland?: Although Daniel Gibson has arguably been Cleveland's top bench player so far this season, he is likely to leave after this season is over. Cleveland saves some money this year (due to the difference in salaries) while adding a young big man to develop as a future rotation player over the next 3 seasons.

If you believe all teams would accept this trade, vote yes. If you believe otherwise, vote no. Please explain your vote.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Re: KOTB: Portland/Cleveland 

Post#2 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:48 pm

No benefit to the Cavs. They will likely trade Gibson for something of benefit, Freeland is not that.

Anything that boils down to the Cavs merely saving money is pretty silly.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,499

Post#3 » by HornetJail » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:59 am

Value just isn't there for CLE.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#4 » by BossHoggin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 am

Anyone who uses "save money for the Cavaliers" gets a no.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Post#5 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:31 am

Freeland has been crap this year.

I like his tools, he has good IQ, gives effort on D and has a nose for rebounds, but man he just has not been able to get the ball in the hoop. A lack of minutes combined with the transition to the NBA have him looking very shaken and not confident. He supposedly has a midrange shot, actually supposedly even has some range out to 3 point land, which if he gets down should make him a decent role player. Nick Collison was a good comparison.

Anyways I understand Cleveland not doing this trade, especially if they intend to keep Gibson. I would even throw in a 2ed round pick since Daniel would contribute more this year than Freeland - however again that might not get it done so Blazers probably look elsewhere or wait until summer to fill that hole on the bench.
SCourGe OF GoD
Assistant Coach
And1: 51

Post#6 » by SCourGe OF GoD » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:56 am

Yeah op word of advice dont make Cavs deals...they will hate it regardless

JR : Next Gen
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Post#7 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Hmmm.

A late first round Euro big, who took the taxpayer MLE basically to come over and is still young-ish (25) looks great for Boobie.

A 3m a year for 3 year player who can only play a cpuple of minutes a game and has a TS of 21.8% and a per of 1.0 looks like the type of salary dump any team would avoid, especially with a productive expiring.

I haven't seen Freeland, and wouldn't want to guess which one is more accurate, but come the trade deadline if he is looking less like the latter, I would give this a yes then. For now I need to pass.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#8 » by BossHoggin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:52 pm

GhostX wrote:Yeah op word of advice dont make Cavs deals...they will hate it regardless

You only think as a Lakers fan. Try considering the trade from both sides before you starting crying all over the forum.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.

Return to Trades and Transactions