ImageImage

ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Re: ATL - Can't bear to watch the Pistons edition 

Post#581 » by paul » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Bynum hurt his knee bowling? He should have stuck to knuckle pushups with KLove instead.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#582 » by Nebula1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:40 pm

Kemba Walker is starting to play
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#583 » by Nebula1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:This Utah team is so talented, but not producing the way the should. Granted the bulk of their games have been on the road so far, but their results should be better.

They need to blow it up. Hayward and Favors are good young players and Kanter/Burks need more time to show what they have. Millsap is a good player, but the rest of their vets (Mo/Big Al/Williams etc) are all pretty mediocre at best.

I don't think they should blow it up. Their advantage is their depth of big guys and the young guys coming of age.

I'm hoping it was just a long road trip and they can get their energy back at home. It was a good win in Washington for them on a back to back.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#584 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:56 pm

paul wrote:Bynum hurt his knee bowling? He should have stuck to knuckle pushups with KLove instead.

Ex Lakeritis. Once you have played there you just aren't motivated anywhere else.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#585 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Interesting comments from Chad Ford.

Totally agree with him. Our board could do a great job of this.

Kegan (Chapel Hill, NC)

What are your thoughts on the Hakim Warrick - Matt Carroll trade from yesterday?
Chad Ford  (1:29 PM)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Seriously ... goes to show you how much owners and GMs overvalue players. Both guys got a lot of money on long-term guaranteed deals and now don't play at all. I think GMs should start crowd sourcing their free agent contracts. When the deal is being negotiated, they should leak it. If the overwhelming reaction from the internet is OVERPAID ... they should cut bait. How many of these deals every really workout for the team that signs them?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#586 » by emunney » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:22 pm

I saw Ric Bucher correcting himself on twitter yesterday. I wonder if Larry Coon himself got to him or just one of the billions of people who have access to the information he's assembled.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#587 » by ampd » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Wow are the Pacers terrible without Granger. Nobody gave that dude any credit either. Doesn't help that Hibbert has done nothing either
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#588 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Ayt wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Interesting note from Bucher.

Maybe my astute Tweeples know this, but I can assure you some team personnel do not: if you offer an Asik-or-Lin type deal to an RFA with the money stacked in one particular year, those are the terms for the incumbent team matching it. Rockets, though, don't have to pay it out that way or have it count against their cap as such -- Asik, I'm told, is getting $8 million a year for three years, not the $5m-$5m-$14m as written in the offer sheet the Bulls had to match. Or so a confab of two GMs told me in person. Hard to see why every RFA contract here on out won't be constructed with pain-in-the-$%^* terms.

Wow.

Bucher is a **** moron. This only applies to RFA's who qualify for the Arenas' rule. How is this guy paid to cover the NBA? There are strict guidelines as to how contracts can be structured.

The Arenas rule rarely comes up because it only applies to 2nd round picks and undrafted guys who blow up. Houston just happened to have signed two of them in one offseason in Asik and Lin. It could not come up again for several more seasons because it is so rare for a 2nd rounder or undrafted guy to blow up to the point that they'll be offered more than the MLE on their second contract as an RFA.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q44

Bucher is paid big bucks to cover the NBA and he can't take the 5 minutes or less it should take to read and understand that rule?

I don't think he's paid much anymore. He's a radio host in San Francisco now.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#589 » by CanadaBucks » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Who's going to trade for Calderon and what can the Raps get for him. 18 assists today, 4 games before that 9, 10, 17 and 11. Utah could use him but what could they offer?
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#590 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:33 am

Klank is back. Thompson with one game this year shooting better than 40%. 15.2 FGA/gm and 15.1/ppg.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,376

Post#591 » by randy84 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:47 am

Take a look at A. Blatche's numbers today!
paul
RealGM

Post#592 » by paul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:04 am

CanadaBucks wrote:Klank is back. Thompson with one game this year shooting better than 40%. 15.2 FGA/gm and 15.1/ppg.

That doesn't even describe how bad he's been, this must be the worst shooting slump since he reached double figures in age.

Say what you want about that Warriors team but they are mega competitive. They are over .500 and have just come back from down 20 to give the Thunder everything they can handle at home despite Bogut being out, Rush being out and getting virtually zero from Curry and Thompson all season long.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#593 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:05 am

paul wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:Klank is back. Thompson with one game this year shooting better than 40%. 15.2 FGA/gm and 15.1/ppg.

That doesn't even describe how bad he's been, this must be the worst shooting slump since he reached double figures in age.

Say what you want about that Warriors team but they are mega competitive. They are over .500 and have just come back from down 20 to give the Thunder everything they can handle at home despite Bogut being out and getting virtually zero from Curry and Thompson all season long.

Just got to wonder with Thompson was last year the norm or this year?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#594 » by blazza18 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:07 am

Klay has been sick the past few games. I guess that hasn't helped either. He'll be fine.

Warriors make the stupidest errors yet they stay in games.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
paul
RealGM

Post#595 » by paul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 am

CanadaBucks wrote:
paul wrote:

Say what you want about that Warriors team but they are mega competitive. They are over .500 and have just come back from down 20 to give the Thunder everything they can handle at home despite Bogut being out and getting virtually zero from Curry and Thompson all season long.

Just got to wonder with Thompson was last year the norm or this year?

The norm?

A guy with a jumper that good just doesn't miss the wide open shots he has this season. He's in a putrid shooting slump, but there's no way the putrid slump is 'the norm'.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#596 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 am

Yeah it's been 9 games, let's not go overboard. He's a young player without a lot of time under his belt, it's not like we have 5 years of data to throw him under the bus with.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#597 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:15 am

A guy with a jumper that good

But you're basing it on 1/2 a season. He wasn't playing that much prior to the trade. Shooters come and shooters go........Todd Day shot 43% his first year and never hit that again. I'm not trying to say he sucks, I'm just saying there's no concrete evidence whether he's closer to a 36% shooter or a 44% shooter

On a brighter note the Pistons laying a beating on the Cs
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#598 » by blazza18 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:24 am

Have you actually watched Klay shoot ? It really is good and so smooth. He just isn't hitting it atm. I think it was the same at the start of last season too.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#599 » by Nebula1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:24 am

Good game going in Portland with Chicago in town. Also Houston @ LAL about to start.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#600 » by LUKE23 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:25 am

I see only 10 teams in the East that even have a shot at the playoffs, and Atlanta and Indiana are really, really iffy as numbers nine and ten. Man the East sucks. I'd say homecourt is a realistic goal for the Bucks, honestly, which amazes me to say.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks