Knicks- Bobcats- Lakers- Spurs

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Knicks- Bobcats- Lakers- Spurs 

Post#1 » by Mykhyn » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:50 am

Knicks In: Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, Earl Clark
Knicks out: Amare, Shumpert, 2018 1st

Bobcats in: Amare Stoudemrie, Shumpert, Cory Joseph. Knicks 2018 1st
Bobcats out: Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, R. Williams

Lakers in: Stephen Jackson, Splitter, Bonner, Neal
Lakers out: Pau Gasol, Earl Clark

Spurs in: Pau Gasol, R. Williams
Spurs out: Jackson, Splitter, Bonner, Neal, Joseph

Knicks get rid of Amare and his contract while getting Ben Gordon who can light it up off the bench and Tyrus Thomas who could use a change of scenery. This assumes they keep Melo at PF

Kidd/Gordon
Felton/smith
Brewer/novak
Melo/Sheed/Thomas
Chandler/Camby

Bobcats take a bad contract in Amare, but are well compensated for it while shedding their 2 worst contracts. Amare can come in and be a good bench big / mentor for them. They get a great young SG in Shumpert to play with MKG and Kemba. A young decent back up PG, and a pick way in the future from the Knicks

Kemba/sessions / joseph
Shumpert(when healthy)/Taylor
MKG/Talor
Mullens/amare
Haywood/biyombo/amare

Lakers trade Pau for some players that fit a little better with their new coach and give some salary relief. Jackson, Neal, Bonner are great players for the type of offense that they want to play. Also I don't think there are any concerns about Jackson not trying because of the quality of the team. They also get a promising big man in Splitter who can be an excellent back up for Dwight.

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Kobe/Neal
MWP/Jackson(jackson might start)
Hill/Jamison
Dwight/Splitter

Spurs go all in for one last shot at more rings for Duncan. They trade a lot of their rotation but get an excellent big man to pair with Duncan.

Parker/Mills/Nando
Green/Manu
Leonard/ R Williams(green and manu probably eat up the backup SF minutes)
Duncan/Diaw
Gasol/Blair
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Re: Knicks- Bobcats- Lakers- Spurs 

Post#2 » by Kobe System » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:13 am

Lakers say no and block your number.
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Post#3 » by LJ4pointplay » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:19 am

Honestly, Knicks would never consider this. We arent looking give away Amare. Also certainly not looking to move Shumpert.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,498

Post#4 » by HornetJail » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:26 am

Holy #$%@! Where do I sign?

I think SA and LA don't like this. You could easily cut them out and do a swap of Amare, Shump, 2018 1st for Gordon, Thomas. I personally don't think the Knicks are that desperate to dump STAT, but if they are, I'll take it.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Post#5 » by LJ4pointplay » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:10 am

CHA_77_Bobcats wrote:Holy #$%@! Where do I sign?

I think SA and LA don't like this. You could easily cut them out and do a swap of Amare, Shump, 2018 1st for Gordon, Thomas. I personally don't think the Knicks are that desperate to dump STAT, but if they are, I'll take it.

Pretty sure Knicks are looking forward to Stats return.. the guys is a perennial all-star haha. People forget just how good he is. He put up 17-9 last year during his "terrible" season, and did it without anyone who could run a pick and roll with him. We now have 3 pgs, and he will be biggest beneficiary from that. He's not best fit, and has been defensive liability in past, but making it work with him is one of those "good problems". Knicks defensive culture is unreal right now, I expect he will step it up.

And, Shumpert is HIGHLY valued. He isn't going anywhere.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#6 » by SuperflyKnick » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:25 am

Hahahahahahhaahahahahah this is a funny trade... as a poster mentioned above amare put up 17/7 in a year where he had back problems, his brother died and most important no PG. I think we will keep amare where he is on the knicks and u guys can keep ur crap. Plus plz remember all the knick fans who approve of amare getting traded for players like Ty thomas are literlly 12 yrs old. Any sensible person wud noe amare is needed for a championship. I mean the guy is a multiple time all star and All nba team member. Stop treating him like he is jerome james lolzzz
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#7 » by Dr Aki » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:16 am

no thanks for the lakers
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#8 » by moocow007 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:05 pm

NY is not in "must dump Stoudemire at all costs" mode (which they'd have to be if you think they'd actually give up Shumpert and a future 1st to do so). Ben Gordon is not needed and he's the only guy that's semi useful. Tyrus Thomas' contract is also terrible (at 3 years and $26 million)...let's be honest. Earl Clark is pointless. And once you factor in roster spots (capholds), their need to resign JR Smith, draft picks (more capholds), FA's they'll need to sign in each offseason, etc...they aren't going to be under the cap even if they viewed this just as a salary shed.

If you really sit down and think about this instead of just going with the mindless masses on the "Stoudemire is turrible so let's try to rip the Knicks of whatever assets they have left and dump crap on them" thinking, you'd realize that. For a guy that is supposedly terrible last season (Stoudemire), realize that he still managed to average nearly 18/8 and shot while shooting 49% from the field (Tyrus Thomas, in comparison is currently averagin 6/3 on 34% shooting). Really no reason for the Knicks to be looking to dump him right now when his value is at it's lowest. And certainly not in this type of a deal.

Doesn't matter if it makes sense for anyone else, it doesn't make sense for the Knicks.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#9 » by SuperflyKnick » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:17 pm

moocow007 wrote:NY is not in "must dump Stoudemire at all costs" mode (which they'd have to be if you think they'd actually give up Shumpert and a future 1st to do so). Ben Gordon is not needed and he's the only guy that's semi useful. Tyrus Thomas' contract is also terrible (at 3 years and $26 million)...let's be honest. Earl Clark is pointless. And once you factor in roster spots (capholds), their need to resign JR Smith, draft picks (more capholds), FA's they'll need to sign in each offseason, etc...they aren't going to be under the cap even if they viewed this just as a salary shed.

If you really sit down and think about this instead of just going with the mindless masses on the "Stoudemire is turrible so let's try to rip the Knicks of whatever assets they have left and dump crap on them" thinking, you'd realize that. For a guy that is supposedly terrible last season (Stoudemire), realize that he still managed to average nearly 18/8 and shot while shooting 49% from the field (Tyrus Thomas, in comparison is currently averagin 6/3 on 34% shooting). Really no reason for the Knicks to be looking to dump him right now when his value is at it's lowest. And certainly not in this type of a deal.

Thank you.... i dont noe why most people go on a rampage with Amare trades... He is coming off a bad year where all that cud wrong went wrong for him, but does not make him expendable for other teams junk. He just turned 30 and has plenty of good years in front of him

Return to Trades and Transactions