ImageImageImage

We need a body at the wing Suggestions?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Re: We need a body at the wing Suggestions? 

Post#201 » by Tirion » Mon Dec 3, 2012 5:42 am

shrink wrote:I think for trade value it goes Reddick < Williams < Afflalo.

Williams upside is worth a shot for ORL, so for ORL fans, I'd say offer a little more value if you use Reddick, or ask for a little more value if you use Afflalo.

I think you're delusional. I think D-Will's value is in a toilet or rapidly approaching it, the same as Wes and Jonny's were. I think Orlando GM laughs at Williams for Redick proposition.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#202 » by [RCG] » Mon Dec 3, 2012 6:42 am

Tirion wrote:

Williams upside is worth a shot for ORL, so for ORL fans, I'd say offer a little more value if you use Reddick, or ask for a little more value if you use Afflalo.

I think you're delusional. I think D-Will's value is in a toilet or rapidly approaching it, the same as Wes and Jonny's were. I think Orlando GM laughs at Williams for Redick proposition.

If you've seen Derrick Williams at all you know he's much better than Wes or Jonny. :lol:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#203 » by Tirion » Mon Dec 3, 2012 6:47 am

[RCG] wrote:
Tirion wrote:

If you've seen Derrick Williams at all you know he's much better than Wes or Jonny. :lol:

What does he has over Wes?
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#204 » by The J Rocka » Mon Dec 3, 2012 6:48 am

No more talks of getting AA. It's not going to happen, especially with Williams as the centerpiece of any deal.

Pretty much Redick or GTFO.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#205 » by AQuintus » Mon Dec 3, 2012 7:00 am

The J Rocka wrote:No more talks of getting AA. It's not going to happen, especially with Williams as the centerpiece of any deal.

Either we could have gotten Afllalo or we couldn't have. One good game doesn't make a difference.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#206 » by Murphs56 » Mon Dec 3, 2012 8:45 am

I believe Reddick is a free agent after this year. It wouldn't make sense to do that deal
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,962

Post#207 » by shrink » Mon Dec 3, 2012 12:44 pm

Tirion wrote:

The J Rocka wrote:No more talks of getting AA. It's not going to happen, especially with Williams as the centerpiece of any deal.

FWIW, lots of neutral people on the trade board think that a deal based on Williams for Afflalo makes sense. I think it'll take a little more, but Afflalo is far from an NBA star.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#208 » by tranjSAIC » Mon Dec 3, 2012 4:00 pm

Would you guys be interested in a Redick/Afflalo trade for Williams/Shev? or however you spell his name.

You guys get two very solid 2 guards since your competing and we get to tank better with some promising young players.
shrink
RealGM

Post#209 » by shrink » Mon Dec 3, 2012 4:21 pm

tranjSAIC wrote:Would you guys be interested in a Redick/Afflalo trade for Williams/Shev? or however you spell his name.

You guys get two very solid 2 guards since your competing and we get to tank better with some promising young players.

I think Shved probably has more value to us than you - perhaps that's sentimental. However, we'd probably do Redick + for Williams, or Williams + for Afflalo.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#210 » by tranjSAIC » Mon Dec 3, 2012 4:34 pm

shrink wrote:
I think Shved probably has more value to us than you - perhaps that's sentimental. However, we'd probably do Redick + for Williams, or Williams + for Afflalo.

It just doesn't make sense to have Afflalo and Redick for us, but you guys I think it does. I'm not sure a Williams for Afflalo is enough for our GM, thats why I threw in Redick. Since he is expiring we get another young player with potential in Shved. Maybe that would be enough to entice our GM.

Damn I wish I knew if our GM wanted full tank mode or what.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#211 » by Mattya » Mon Dec 3, 2012 4:53 pm

I have very little interest in trading Shved.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#212 » by C.lupus » Mon Dec 3, 2012 4:56 pm

I think it is pretty unlikely that Shved gets moved. He's looking like a legit talent, is young, is on a good contract, and is one of Kahn's guys. One of Afflalo or Redick would be a great addition but we don't need both.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,006

Post#213 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Dec 3, 2012 5:11 pm

tranjSAIC wrote:
shrink wrote:

It just doesn't make sense to have Afflalo and Redick for us, but you guys I think it does. I'm not sure a Williams for Afflalo is enough for our GM, thats why I threw in Redick. Since he is expiring we get another young player with potential in Shved. Maybe that would be enough to entice our GM.

Damn I wish I knew if our GM wanted full tank mode or what.

I think it wouldn't really make much sense for us either. We already have a logjam at the SG spot, and then we'd be bringing in 2 more guys that are at least spot-starters and deserve minutes. We saw last year that Adelman likes to go small in the backcourt with Rubio and one of Ridnour/Barea as well. If Redick/Afflalo could play better at PG/SF then it wouldn't be as big of a deal...but they really can't.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#214 » by C.lupus » Mon Dec 3, 2012 5:30 pm

Wait, what? We have a logjam at SG? News to me. Last time I checked we had Malcolm Lee and Shved. I wouldn't put a lot of weight on last year, either. Adelman didn't have much in the way of options at SG (Johnson and Ellington). He does like having two guards who can handle the ball but I don't think he is married to the idea of ridnour or Barea being that second guard.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,006

Post#215 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Dec 3, 2012 5:33 pm

C.lupus wrote:Wait, what? We have a logjam at SG? News to me. Last time I checked we had Malcolm Lee and Shved. I wouldn't put a lot of weight on last year, either. Adelman didn't have much in the way of options at SG (Johnson and Ellington). He does like having two guards who can handle the ball but I don't think he is married to the idea of ridnour or Barea being that second guard.

I didn't really mean we did right now....but in the future. Budinger/Roy will be back this season, Shved has shown he needs minutes as well. If we traded Shved/Dwill for 2 more SGs we would definitely have a logjam.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#216 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Dec 3, 2012 5:39 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:
C.lupus wrote:Wait, what? We have a logjam at SG? News to me. Last time I checked we had Malcolm Lee and Shved. I wouldn't put a lot of weight on last year, either. Adelman didn't have much in the way of options at SG (Johnson and Ellington). He does like having two guards who can handle the ball but I don't think he is married to the idea of ridnour or Barea being that second guard.

I didn't really mean we did right now....but in the future. Budinger/Roy will be back this season, Shved has shown he needs minutes as well. If we traded Shved/Dwill for 2 more SGs we would definitely have a logjam.

Bud is more like our AK substitute who can play some SG. With AK's injury history I'm sure Bud will find enough minutes at SF. So we really have Shved at SG and overall lack of shooters.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#217 » by C.lupus » Mon Dec 3, 2012 5:39 pm

I guess I don't really see Roy contributing much and I see Budinger as our backup 3 primarily (and he won't be back to game shape till the end of the season). I do agree that we don't need two SGs but I still want to add one so we don't have to rely on Luke and JJ at the 2. I'd be happy with Redick to get us through this season and the playoffs (and maybe re-sign him if he dosn't want too much).
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#218 » by Krapinsky » Mon Dec 3, 2012 7:47 pm

Jason Richardson and Ben Gordon could be two more realistic options.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
shrink
RealGM

Post#219 » by shrink » Mon Dec 3, 2012 7:55 pm

I think we have a logjam of guys that can play back-up SG minutes for us (Shved, Buddinger, Ridnour, Lee, maybe Roy), but I think Shved is the only guy that may one day become a legit NBA starter. I think Roy will just retire.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#220 » by [RCG] » Mon Dec 3, 2012 8:14 pm

Roy is done, Budinger is a back-up 2/3. The only two we have now is Shved & somewhat Howard but he is a minimum $ guy.

Ideally we'd use Williams with one of the back-up PGs to find a starting 2, maybe throw in Amundson as well.

Rubio/X
X/Shved/Lee
Kirilenko/Budinger
Love/Kirilenko/Cunningham
Pekovic/Stiemsma
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves