ImageImageImageImageImage

We're off to our 3rd strongest start in Franchise History;

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

NYK-Mentality
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: We're off to our 3rd strongest start in Franchise Histor 

Post#21 » by NYK-Mentality » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:21 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
waya wrote:Its funny how so many of the die-hard posters here chose to give up on the team before we became one of the league's best. I mean.. you suffer through Layden and Isiah's BS for nearly a decade, and THIS is the team that puts you over the edge?

Just because people don't come on here doesn't mean they've given up on the team. Knicks fandom doesn't revolve around RealGM. I would imagine a lot of the older posters are just taking a cautious, less fanatical perspective. And for those that did have enough... they're not welcome to come back here now are they?

If TKF came on here and showed some new found excitement and optimism for what's been going on.. what would happen to him? Even last year when the team found success with Linsanity after a depressing start and TKF felt energized about the team he was attacked left and right.. and who stood up for him and his right to enjoy the team because after all the guy has been a Knicks fan for 30 years? It was me... even though he had just suspended me and we were at each others throats at the time. If guys come on here and have spent significant time on here.. chances are we're Knicks fans... all of us. And we have the right to criticize, the right to not feel as good about the team and the right to tell the team to piss off if we want to. The thing guys don't realize is that the older posters that were on here had been through so much crap over the decades... and every man has a threshold... thresholds were reached.. guys lost their minds and lost interest. It happens.. doesn't mean they're not Knicks fans,

Well said. Good post. We all cross the line from time to time, but at the end of the night as long as you're not attacking others with personal insults or going out of your way to troll threads and/or post's? It's all about having fun as a sports fan. Me and TKF go at it like crazy still to this day but you know what? I respect the fk out of him as a person and as a fan. I don't agree with 99.9% of his views and he'll call me a homer, I'll call him a troll and/or negative critic etc, etc but at the end of the day? We're Knick fans. Crazy Knick fans at that.
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,349

Post#22 » by Grinditout » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Welcome back lol.

Now I'm expecting DocZaius(spelling?) to come back. It's only to balance things out.
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#23 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Grinditout wrote:Welcome back lol.

Now I'm expecting DocZaius(spelling?) to come back. It's only to balance things out.

I thought he was RahWeed Wallace?
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#24 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:
Grinditout wrote:Welcome back lol.

I thought he was RahWeed Wallace?

that was dz.
NYK-Mentality
Banned User

Post#25 » by NYK-Mentality » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:52 pm

You're right.
gethigh
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#26 » by gethigh » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:56 pm

You also defended D'Antoni vehemently on your first username (NYKStateofMind).

The Nostradamus/I TOLD YOU SO! shtick is getting pretty old. You don't get any medal for homerific assessments actually being correct.

I like your enthusiasm, but reading most of your posts with an I TOLD YOU So attached it got old pretty fast for me.
Grinditout
RealGM

Post#27 » by Grinditout » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:06 am

NYK, I got nothing against you personally. My previous post was made in jest, although you do have a bit of a reputation amongst the community. It's nice that you're passionate about the team, but it's sometimes rubs off as a little too much. But hey to each their own, as long as you support the Knicks and are fairly reasonable, I'm cool with that.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#28 » by Sark » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:35 am

Meanwhile we are doing this while missing 40% of our starting lineup.

It's a damn shame we have so much infighting with our fans that we all can't truly enjoy this historic start.
NYK-Mentality
Banned User

Post#29 » by NYK-Mentality » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:38 am

But yea, what do you all think about this 17-5 start? I've never seen anything like this. As Sark stated, it's historical. 3rd strongest start in franchise history. 1969-1970 and 1972-1973 only seen better after 22 games. You know what's scary? I'm willing to bet the house this current Knicks team wins more than 60 games and sets our FRANCHISE RECORD for most wins during a single season. We're THAT good.

I've never seen this much Knicks talent on one team. It's wild man. Not even with our Ewing led Knicks. This team just looks deadly. Our problem with our Knicks of the early-mid 90's is we strugggled to score at times. We never had that 2nd star that could match Pippen. Ewing went to war with Jordan no doubt. Starks was a great role player and/or sidekick to Ewing. Oakley was a great role player. Mason was a tough 6th man off the bench. Smart PG's who didn't turn the ball over. But Jordan and the Bulls? We lacked that 2nd star to keep up with their overall scoring.

With this Knicks team? It's crazy. It's like they can all be offensive stars any given night. Melo can drop 20 during a single quarter. But Melo's coming each and every night. He's OUR Ewing. He's OUR Jordan. He's OUR LeBron. He's OUR Hakeem. We know Melo's coming to murder opposing defenses each and every night. A pure scoring machine. An offensive phenom. Not even Ewing who I loved for all his worth could score at Melo's rate/clip. Melo doesn't have bad knees either. Having to be iced up. Ewing was a warrior, boat load of talent and played like a warrior but he wasn't that Georgetown athletic talent forever. He started to break down during the mid 90's. Melo's in his prime baby.

We don't even need that 2nd offensive star in Stoudemire. It's different when compared to the 90's. We just need Stoudemire to contest shots. Rebound like the true PF he is and give his all on defense. I believe he'll do this under Woodson and/or these veteran leaders too. His offensive game will become a crazy addition to our offense. Miami is in for a world of trouble. Chris Bosh can not compete with Tyson Chandler at the Center position. Miami has been forced to play Bosh at the Center position and Tyson's coming to defend everytime. Miami has no backup Center. They have no elite PF (when Bosh is at C), they have no big men depth. How will they be able to compete against Tyson at Center, Stoudemire at PF, Melo at SF with true veteran BIG's such as Kurt Thomas, Rasheed Wallace and Marcus Camby coming to fight for this ring? How? Someone please explain. How can Miami's PG's compete with the likes of Felton, Kidd and Pablo? Brewer and Shumpert locking up on D.Wade for 4 quarters strong? Scary. Brewer, Shumpert and Melo all looking to slow LeBron down? LeBron isn't god, and Brewer, Shumpert and Melo can all defend their ass off.

Novak can emerge for 18 off great shooting. Felton can break the game open with his scoring/passing ability. Jason Kidd can hit those game winners. Drain 3's at over 50%. Hit the open man. Kidd is a monster HOF player. J.R Smith can hit the game winner. Step back and drain the 3. Drive or slash to the hole. Compete as a true 6th man of the year with instant offense. Who am I forgetting? Even Tyson Chandler can feast down low ala finishing anything and everything at the rim. Cleaning up like a dump truck down low. How can opposing D's prepare let alone compete against this on a nightly basis? Our offense is truthfully loaded. Then we have tough defense with a defensive minded head coach featuring defensive minded veterans. Scary.

C: Tyson Chandler.
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire.
SF: Carmelo Anthony.
2G: Iman Shumpert.
PG: Raymond Felton.

Iman Shumpert is blessed. The young up and coming New York star being surrounded by seasoned veterans in Felton, Melo and Stoudemire along with a Championship Winning Center in Tyson Chandler. A young talent couldn't ask to be in better position.

C: Marcus Camby.
PF: Rasheed Wallace.
SF: Steve Novak.
2G: J.R Smith.
PG: Jason Kidd.

Ronnie Brewer, Kurt Thomas and Pablo Prigioni as our 11th, 12th and 13th men off the bench/rotation?

With a living hall of fame great in Jason Kidd running that offense and/or our backup unit? That's lethal. As a 2nd unit? This is unheard of.

We don't have to rush Camby back. We're already too deep. Camby will return focused and hungry for war. We don't have to rush Stoudemire and/or Shumpert into our starting lineup. They'll earn it. We'll work them into starters, but Woodson will force them to earn it off the bench. This is great.
towelie
Lead Assistant
And1: 38

Post#30 » by towelie » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:46 am

What I think is that this thread was way too premature with nearly 75% of the games remaining to be played, and you've effectively just jinxed it.

Way to go dude.
Grinditout
RealGM

Post#31 » by Grinditout » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:48 am

I disagree with your point on not needing Stat to be a offensive star. From the games we have played so far, there's been many times where Melo is on the bench and the offense has suffered and forced poor shot selection. Amare can help with this by being the focal point of the offense off the bench.

Also our defense needs to get better starting off the game. We have the best 4th quarter defense but we get off to a rough start defensively in the first. I do have faith that it will get better due to the additions of Shump and Camby when both get healthy.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#32 » by truth serum » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:52 am

For some reason, you have a lot of haters on this board which is grade A bullsh*t!

You are the ultimate Knicks fan. Much love to you and your awesome threads.
NYK-Mentality
Banned User

Post#33 » by NYK-Mentality » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:58 am

Grinditout wrote:I disagree with your point on not needing Stat to be a offensive star. From the games we have played so far, there's been many times where Melo is on the bench and the offense has suffered and forced poor shot selection. Amare can help with this by being the focal point of the offense off the bench.

Also our defense needs to get better starting off the game. We have the best 4th quarter defense but we get off to a rough start defensively in the first. I do have faith that it will get better due to the additions of Shump and Camby when both get healthy.

No doubt. I'm just saying, it's not an early-mid 90's type of Knicks concern. Outside of Melo, we have plenty of Knicks who can become that 2nd offensive star. It's not just Stoudemire either (Starks). It's J.R Smith, Novak, Felton and Stoudemire etc, etc.

I agree with Stat feasting with some backup guys as well. I'd love to see Stoudemire surronded by...

C: Rasheed Wallace.
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire.
SF: Carmelo Anthony.
2G: Jason Kidd.
PG: Raymond Felton.

There is a reason for this madness too. We'll use both Rasheed as a stretch 5 and Melo dominating the wings and/or slashing to the hole on drives as a way of spreading the defense out. Rasheed can stretch the defense out as a stretch 5 and Melo can spread them out. This leaves Stoudemire the freedom to dominate down low. His offseason workouts with Hakeem? He'll have a chance to execute those moves and/or learning experiences down low. Then we have our two PG's. Felton and Kidd. Felton averaged a career high in both PPG (17.1) and assists per game (9.0) during his 50+ games with Stoudemire during our 2010-2011 season. Stoudemire in return also feasted with Felton ala breaking a franchise record for consecutive games of 30+ points. You think Felton's able to feed Chandler dimes? Wait until Stoudemire returns full force. Then you have Jason Kidd. Kidd looking Amar'e to get off? Man, forget about it. Or when it's time to rest both Chandler and Melo at the same time? In comes Rasheed and Novak. Deadly.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#34 » by NY2TheBay » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:15 am

lol.

welcome back? I guess?

I was away from the board for awhile with my travels to asia. But I recognize this writing style.

My dantoni lover friend.

I assume we will have our late night discussions again.
BOOMbip
Banned User
And1: 170
Location: The views expressed are intended for entertaiment purposes only

Post#35 » by BOOMbip » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:20 am

Yea, the whole predicting the best case scenario and puffing yourself up over the few times it happens and ignoring all the times it doesn't to go on to more best case scenario predicting and puffing over the few times it does while ignoring when you are wrong cycle is silly.
NYK-Mentality
Banned User

Post#36 » by NYK-Mentality » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:39 am

truth serum wrote:For some reason, you have a lot of haters on this board which is grade A bullsh*t!

You are the ultimate Knicks fan. Much love to you and your awesome threads.

Nah man, I deserve some of my dislike. Nice feeling to see posters who I've always enjoyed welcome me back, but it will humble you as a person when random stangers over a Knicks forum wish the worst upon you. It makes you wonder why. I'm not a perfect fan and/or poster. I'm not a perfect person. I can admit when I'm wrong. I allowed such little aspects in life to get me banned from the most crazy Knicks forum in the world. Little things like an official game thread during the preseason and/or start of the regular season. Why did I want something such as an official gameday thread so bad? Why pressure the mod's (Knick fans) on allowing this thread and/or that thread? I wasn't using my head.

I only thought about myself and what I enjoyed during the offseason, instead of putting myself in the shoes of hard working mods. This place is a jungle. They were only trying to keep everything non Knicks related in one spot such as Lin, opposing players and teams, games etc, etc. I took the All Around the NBA thread as a power trip away from the people but forgot, these guys are Knick fans too. And after being banned and having time to think upon it? I noticed where I was wrong. These mods are first and foremost Knick fans. Only wanted to keep peace and structure within a jungle of a forum. Not only Knick fans, but opposing team fans who come here to derail, highjack, troll and cause problems in life. So instead of asking for a gameday thread, getting under their skin, I should have just enjoyed the threads that were already created for my Knicks fan enjoyment.

I was banned, and understood why. I didn't play my position. It's not a good feeling to see a ---- when you try and sign on in order to post about the Knicks. A date that lets you know that you're no longer wanted and/or welcomed. Having to use google in order to look for a new Knick site where everything and everyone seem so different. Feeling like I'm the new guy during each and every post over there. Being treated like a rookie sports fan and/or outsider from another neighborhood. If I'm banned tonight? I'll understand. I'm a former banned poster. Not looking to create a fake account and/or deceive people. If I can't be myself? I rather become a Knicks poster elsewhere. It just sucks because since I've been gone, lots the posters from the other fan base looks at my post's as if I'm a bandwagon fan who just started following the team by my join date.

It's easy to admit when you're wrong. Especially when you've had time to think about it. Becoming a father in life stopped me in my tracks. To have a little girl showed me karma first hand. You wanna protect your little girl for the rest of her life. Evil men and people are out there. Such as the one who pulled the gun out and murdered innocent babies today. Even took the lives of his parents I heard. I have to figure out a way in life, to keep those people out of her life. That's by being involved and playing a game of chess with her friends later on in life, but while playing chess... Feeling them out and ready to check mate em on the spot. If he even so much looks at her with the funny eye, but yea, I don't wanna talk about it. She's only two and I'm already stressing about her first "BF". After my mom passed away? I found a love for writing. Especially about sports. Nothing can take out the burning hunger and desire of missing her. Married. Beautiful wife. Something special I never seen as a daughter. Still an empty feeling. She was my everything from before I could learn, talk or remember. After we lost to Miami last year during the playoffs? I never created a fire everyone thread. I created a thread thanking a bunch of random Knick fans for allowing me the opportunity to talk basketball with you all. Don't have any idea how much it helped me. As I was out cutting class, playing ball instead of being in school and smoking trees my mom always told me I was the best writer of anyone in my family. I was proud of her words. She seen past the bad grades as not having a love for school, but seen something in the way I wrote about life and especially sports.

With all that said as a man and loving father, I can admit when I'm wrong. I would want my daughter to do the same in life. Why I would stress out a mod over something as little as a thread topic in regards to gameday threads from opposing teams in which I don't even watch each and every night? Foolish. When the Knicks are on T.V? And I used to post during these gameday threads? I felt like I was inside of MSG arena (and I'm in Florida). But yea, so long RealGM. Just know that, if we ever win the championship? NYK Mentality is out there, somewhere, and celebrating.
KnicksFTW
Bench Warmer
And1: 447

Post#37 » by KnicksFTW » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:49 am

^^^

:o
Grinditout
RealGM

Post#38 » by Grinditout » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:55 am

Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,463

Post#39 » by Ursusamericanus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:04 am

Good lord dude. That was a freaking dissertation.
Jezus
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Post#40 » by Jezus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:28 am

In all seriousness, welcome back. Doesn't hurt to have more enthusiastic and active fans around here.

Return to New York Knicks