ImageImageImageImageImage

Vince Carter interview

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

jim rockford
RealGM
And1: 169

Vince Carter interview 

Post#1 » by jim rockford » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:13 pm

quick perusal and i didn't see a link to this or similar article (assume he may have talked to other media at same time). had no idea VC was coming back tonight.

so, did he ask for a trade or not? my head hurt after reading that :)

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/12/ ... is-future/
VCU! VCU! VCU!
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Re: Vince Carter interview 

Post#2 » by CreaM » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Bring him home.
Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Post#3 » by Sandman88 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:27 pm

We miss you Vince. Save us!
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#4 » by lobosloboslobos » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:30 am

It's so goddam sad the way it turned out. I honestly don't understand it. Maybe Vince didn't demand to leave, but he sure as hell changed as a player, and his body language said "I don't give a crap" more clearly than any athlete's I have ever seen. If Vince had stayed, had gotten over his juvenile attitude and gotten serious, our whole history as a franchise would have been so different. We could have had a top-10 player in the league for a decade, a guy other guys would really WANT to come play with, a guy who could take any game and just shake it to pieces. It would have been such an enjoyable ride...

Instead it is what it is, for him and for the team and for us the fans. Had he just been a guy on another team who wasted his talents I'd care very little about his having let himself down, but it's what he did to Raps fans that still bugs me. He always seemed like a nice guy, still does, and he can obviously live with himself so who am I to judge, but the thought of what might have been is pretty hard to take...
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#5 » by KnickerBonkerz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:37 am

I don't think the fans at the ACC even know why they're booing Vince Carter

It just makes the fanbase look bitter and pathetic

Also, I think the organization played a big role in letting Vince go. Up until that point we had been spoiled for the most part.. We had Damon, Vince and T-Mac, and then got Bosh. I think they just thought it would be easy to groom Bosh into the next Franchise player and we would pick up where we left off.

And nowadays it's even harder to find a superstar =(
Illuminati_
Starter
And1: 346

Post#6 » by Illuminati_ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:39 am

KnickerBonkerz wrote:I don't think the fans at the ACC even know why they're booing Vince Carter

So true. And of course Jack will heavily criticize the mavs yet refrain from calling out these fans.
RaptorReloaded
Veteran
And1: 970

Post#7 » by RaptorReloaded » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:43 am

The day VC was traded to me was like 9/11 in the sence that I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when it happened.
nonc
Sixth Man
And1: 827

Post#8 » by nonc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:44 am

KnickerBonkerz wrote:I don't think the fans at the ACC even know why they're booing Vince Carter

they don't, i laugh at any poser over 16yo booing. thankfully it's not nearly as loud though... step in the right direction.
TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Post#9 » by TheFreshPrince » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:49 am

nonc wrote:

they don't, i laugh at any poser over 16yo booing. thankfully it's not nearly as loud though... step in the right direction.

And if they're 16 or under now that means they were 8 and under at the time VC left, which means they don't have any clue of why the situation even happened. A bunch of idiots everywhere in the arena, and the actual smart people get sadly downed out.
andyo
Assistant Coach
And1: 447

Post#10 » by andyo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:53 am

I was only about about 12 when he got traded and not nearly as knowledgeable as I am now. Even I knew the trade stunk and I don't think I've ever been as devastated by a player leaving, in any sport, on any team I've followed. Cujo would probably be a distant second.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#11 » by J-Roc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:55 am

Meh, a bunch of garbage. He demanded a trade. No one boos him because we think he hated Toronto. We boo him because he wanted to go help the fans in the swamp of Jersey win, rather than his fans here. gtfo with this jersey retiring crap. Go let Jersey do that for you. Oh right, no more team in NJ. Oh right, you were only ever considered a Richard Jefferson caliber player to the real star J KIdd. g t f o
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#12 » by J Dilla » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:55 am

RaptorReloaded wrote:The day VC was traded to me was like 9/11 in the sence that I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when it happened.

I remember. Last day of school heading to the christmas break, I was so excited and relieved.

As soon as I walked home from the bus, I logged on to sportsnet.ca and my heart stopped for a few seconds. Vince Carter traded to Nets. My entire day was ruined.

The song that was playing? Disco Inferno - 50 cent lol.

The saddest day as a raptor fan
FrozenLeafz
Analyst
And1: 4,086

Post#13 » by FrozenLeafz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:59 am

*sigh*
Passing the torch VC15--> CB4--> DD10+KL7--> PS43+FVV23 --> SB4
ImageImage
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst

Post#14 » by KnickerBonkerz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:15 am

J-Roc wrote:Meh, a bunch of garbage. He demanded a trade. No one boos him because we think he hated Toronto. We boo him because he wanted to go help the fans in the swamp of Jersey win, rather than his fans here. gtfo with this jersey retiring crap. Go let Jersey do that for you. Oh right, no more team in NJ. Oh right, you were only ever considered a Richard Jefferson caliber player to the real star J KIdd. g t f o

This is what I was talking about when I said bitter and pathetic

There was a time when I had this type of hatred for the guy, but that was when he was still in a Raptors uniform half assing it. I think Babcock deserved the hatred after the trade, I mean it's not like people were booing Vince while he was still a Raptor, so why boo him after he gets traded just cuz we got jack sh** for him? You could make the argument "ohh he diminished his trade value", okay sure.. but why would you trade him then? Wy didn't Babcock wait until the offseason where we could've got much more for him?

But the point is, do you see any other teams booing a player that left their team almost a decade ago? Time to grow up and put our big boy pants on. Get over it

/end thread
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst

Post#15 » by KnickerBonkerz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:22 am

PS I don't know why people think he requested specifically to go to New Jersey... he didn't. He a requested a trade period. He didn't do what Dwight and Melo did where they limited their teams' options for who to do a deal with.
TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Post#16 » by TheFreshPrince » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:29 am

KnickerBonkerz wrote:
J-Roc wrote:Meh, a bunch of garbage. He demanded a trade. No one boos him because we think he hated Toronto. We boo him because he wanted to go help the fans in the swamp of Jersey win, rather than his fans here. gtfo with this jersey retiring crap. Go let Jersey do that for you. Oh right, no more team in NJ. Oh right, you were only ever considered a Richard Jefferson caliber player to the real star J KIdd. g t f o

This is what I was talking about when I said bitter and pathetic

There was a time when I had this type of hatred for the guy, but that was when he was still in a Raptors uniform half assing it. I think Babcock deserved the hatred after the trade, I mean it's not like people were booing Vince while he was still a Raptor, so why boo him after he gets traded just cuz we got jack sh** for him? You could make the argument "ohh he diminished his trade value", okay sure.. but why would you trade him then? Wy didn't Babcock wait until the offseason where we could've got much more for him?

But the point is, do you see any other teams booing a player that left their team almost a decade ago? Time to grow up and put our big boy pants on. Get over it

/end thread

Fans did boo him at the arena before he left. But the little schoolgirl grudge is beyond played out.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#17 » by Geddy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:12 am

CreaM wrote:Bring him home.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
StartingBench
Rookie
And1: 361

Post#18 » by StartingBench » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:14 am

Bargnani and kleiza for Vince. Dallas needs dirk lite now more than ever.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#19 » by J-Roc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:35 am

KnickerBonkerz wrote:PS I don't know why people think he requested specifically to go to New Jersey... he didn't. He a requested a trade period. He didn't do what Dwight and Melo did where they limited their teams' options for who to do a deal with.

He wanted to leave to play for another team. He was supposed to be the leader of our team and he was under contract.

Babcock wouldn't have had to trade him if he didn't demand a trade.
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#20 » by Guy Smiley » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 am

J-Roc wrote:
KnickerBonkerz wrote:PS I don't know why people think he requested specifically to go to New Jersey... he didn't. He a requested a trade period. He didn't do what Dwight and Melo did where they limited their teams' options for who to do a deal with.

He wanted to leave to play for another team. He was supposed to be the leader of our team and he was under contract.

Babcock wouldn't have had to trade him if he didn't demand a trade.

Actually the organization was moving in a different direction. After GG got fired they were looking to move away from VC as the franchise player.

Return to Toronto Raptors