ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Raptors establish a winning culture

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,690

Re: PG: Raptors establish a winning culture 

Post#161 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:38 am

but...but...I thought we needed space in order to win. I'm confused.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,051

Post#162 » by carlosey » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:39 am

Lowry doesnt play team basketball and that is what is needed. No one is looking out for his next contract except him. Him and Bargnani were called out in the meeting, both of them were missing tonight, and we played the best 48 minutes this season. Coincidence?
mirrornick
RealGM
And1: 13,725

Post#163 » by mirrornick » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:43 am

carlosey wrote:Lowry doesnt play team basketball and that is what is needed. No one is looking out for his next contract except him. Him and Bargnani were called out in the meeting, both of them were missing tonight, and we played the best 48 minutes this season. Coincidence?

I don't know .. Don't forget, we also played against Fisher who couldn't blow by Calderon. We will probably miss Lowry once we start playing teams with good PG's who can walk by Calderon.

I want to see this line up before I dismiss Lowry.

Lowry/Jose
Demar/Peetras
Ross/ Kleiza
Ed/Acy
JV/ Amir

Anyone else agree?
sauga_raptor
Sixth Man
And1: 903

Post#164 » by sauga_raptor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:45 am

mirrornick wrote:
carlosey wrote:Lowry doesnt play team basketball and that is what is needed. No one is looking out for his next contract except him. Him and Bargnani were called out in the meeting, both of them were missing tonight, and we played the best 48 minutes this season. Coincidence?

I don't know .. Don't forget, we also played against Fisher who couldn't blow by Calderon. We will probably miss Lowry once we start playing teams with good PG's who can walk by Calderon.

Lowry/Jose
Demar/Peetras
Ross/ Kleiza
Ed/Acy
JV/ Amir

Anyone else agree?

I'm with you there. Said the exact same thing tonight
gcsw
Starter
And1: 74

Post#165 » by gcsw » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:56 am

mirrornick wrote:

Lowry/Jose
Demar/Peetras
Ross/ Kleiza
Ed/Acy
JV/ Amir

Anyone else agree?

Last game was against the Nets without Lowry. Deron was 5/16. Jose's defence is not any worse than Lowry. People here need to stop overrating Lowry's defence, which has been non-existent so far.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,164

Post#166 » by niQ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:08 am

ROBBS wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQljqMHfu60[/youtube]

Niiice. Loved it!
theycallmeZZ
Starter
And1: 2,363

Post#167 » by theycallmeZZ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:13 am

You guys were wondering who fredericklove's victory girl was...

Detective work tells me she is Amy Fay... http://f**kyeahamyfay.tumblr.com switch the censored word with the actual word
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#168 » by Undefeated » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:22 am

Regression2u wrote:You take what the defense gives you, so with a cluttered zone there's nothing wrong with shooting open 3s. You can't run isos in the post. We also don't have good enough moving/slashing bigs to receive the ball in the paint.

Whenever the defense starts throwing different schemes against the Raptors they always go in shock like it's their first time playing against different defensive coverages. Ed and Amir are great at setting screens backside making those duck-ins away from the ball, but it's mostly the wings that have trouble getting the ball inside to them. Our wings got those sticky fingers when the ball gets to them in the corner and they have a habit of being trigger happy. For instance when the Mavs played the 2-3 zone the Raptors go to their spread pick-and-roll which works perfectly under the condition that the 3 other players MUST move off the ball. I don't remember who was on the floor at the rim, but guys were standing in the corner stationary instead of calling for Ed, Amir or whoever it was for the screen to get to the opposite corner. Basically tied Calderon's hands up and the defense easily converged inside and Calderon got picked off. I'm no fan of Calderon, but his teammates need to help him out a bit. They can't just rely on him to beat his defender which he surprisingly did today against Collision and deliver them the ball like Lowry does.

Also, anyone catch the DEN-MEM game? Gallo with the off the backboard dunk a la T-Mac and JaVale catching/block one of Z-Bo's jumper.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
ZKS_STAL
Rookie
And1: 6

Post#169 » by ZKS_STAL » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:24 am

The dancing gif girl is Amy Fay.

...and for those of you calling her average - LOL @ you.
zippy
Veteran
And1: 4,130

Post#170 » by zippy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:31 am

Great game, great show. But if only we can keep this up, they seemed to mesh alot better without Bargs on the floor, seems like he's becoming a cancer to the team. Him and Caldy need to be shipped out asap for both sides, Bargs is a decent player just not on this team anymore.
SuperBro
Banned User
And1: 4,694

Post#171 » by SuperBro » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:47 am

Death Knight wrote:
Macho wrote:We would have won by 40 if we had Barnani's spacing.

This is true. As a matter of fact with Linas launching it from 30 feet tonight Bargnani would have 1 upped him and shot it from 50 feet and scored 4pts each time. Ultimate spacing!

Here's my contribution to victory girls!

Quick lookup says she was born in 1984, so that makes her 28. I don't feel like a perv now.
Edgeworth
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#172 » by Edgeworth » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:48 am

Guys guys I got tickets to Raptors @ Magic.

What sign do I bring? :3
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#173 » by JunkYardSubs » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:50 am

Man NBA is posting a lot of Ross videos. Dude is exciting when he gets to the hoop
Dear Leader
Banned User
And1: 381

Post#174 » by Dear Leader » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:08 am

Build around Kleiza
JJ From Deep
Sixth Man
And1: 2,090

Post#175 » by JJ From Deep » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:12 am

Wow at whoever called Amy Fay average...LOL
nonc
Sixth Man
And1: 827

Post#176 » by nonc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:19 am

JJ From Deep wrote:Wow at whoever called Amy Fay average...LOL

i am not who you're talking to, but now that i look i'd say

butterface
nonc
Sixth Man
And1: 827

Post#177 » by nonc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:20 am

JunkYardSubs wrote:Man NBA is posting a lot of Ross videos. Dude is exciting when he gets to the hoop

loving it
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#178 » by Kabookalu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:24 am

JJ From Deep wrote:Wow at whoever called Amy Fay average...LOL

That's not her is it? Her boobs are bigger than that and she's a lot thicker. Kind of hard to tell. Funny that I actually know her too lol
Read on Twitter
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,872

Post#179 » by bape_lovers » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:41 am

so we won every game that you created GT? :o

mirrornick wrote:Oh boy I might get banned. I'm 5-1 this season and preseason when I make a game thread.

Sorry folks . I will not create another GT this year

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
wootwoot
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#180 » by wootwoot » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:45 am

Nice to see the team playing better the last 2 games. More teamwork shown on both ends of the floor than in previous games. Mavericks played badly tonight, but that is not the only reason we won. We have faced other teams this season that have played badly and still beaten us easily.

Positives I take from the past two games are better teamwork/chemistry, better production from bench, better pace for the team (Run and gun B-ball is not advisable for a team with poor individual defending guards. I think this team is built for a slower pace where running happens only off of open-court & top-of-key turnovers - the slower pace allows you to limit turnovers and long rebounds where half your team is still running towards the opponent's basket, which in turn allows you to set up your defense so you can defend as a team instead of having 1 or 2 individuals back on D), and having the team's best performing players (this season) on the court for significant minutes together. This team will still struggle against more talented teams who play well, but if they play together like they have the last 2 games, their winning percentage will go up.

Also, it was really fun for me to see T-Ross & Demar on the fast break together a few times tonight!

Return to Toronto Raptors