Re: Trade Pau pt. 3 - 'the hunt is onnnnn...!!!' 

Post#161 » by matek » Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:54 pm

Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 130

Post#162 » by Nanogeek » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:03 pm

aroba wrote:
ShowTimeERA wrote:Pau certainly needs to go. His time in LA is coming to an end. However, Pau isn't fading because he's old or slow - its because he's mentally fragile. At this point he's thinking too much and afraid to make mistakes, afraid if the coach is going to pull him out, afraid of what Kobe or the media is going to say, etc. He's no longer comfortable playing on the Lakers which is why he was a much different player during the Olympics with Spain. He played worried-free...

Make no mistake about it, once Pau is traded he will average 16-17/11. People may say where was that Pau, but just know that he was mentally done with the team so there should be no regrets when he's traded...

THIS

You guys aren't paying attention.

Gasol has played 52% of all Laker minutes. The Lakers are +5.3 with him on the court. When Gasol is not on the court the Lakers are -0.9. GASOL IS NOT THE ISSUE WITH THE LAKERS. You guys need to drop this scapegoat crap.
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 325

Post#163 » by WeAreVenom » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:07 pm

NeedForSheed wrote:Weren't we going to trade Pau for Rondo last season? Pau needs to be traded as he is quite literally one of the worst players I have ever seen play professional basketball. Jeff Green is the only man in the NBA who is worse, in my opinion.

Lol, ok man, this is a bit of an exaggeration.........
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#164 » by ROballer » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:31 pm

matek wrote:David West and Granger. Real?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bgrea5w

You gotta be kidding me
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
politm
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#165 » by politm » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:33 pm

When is the trade deadline ?
HiiiPOWER
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#166 » by HiiiPOWER » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:47 pm

Nanogeek wrote:
aroba wrote:
ShowTimeERA wrote:Pau certainly needs to go. His time in LA is coming to an end. However, Pau isn't fading because he's old or slow - its because he's mentally fragile. At this point he's thinking too much and afraid to make mistakes, afraid if the coach is going to pull him out, afraid of what Kobe or the media is going to say, etc. He's no longer comfortable playing on the Lakers which is why he was a much different player during the Olympics with Spain. He played worried-free...

Make no mistake about it, once Pau is traded he will average 16-17/11. People may say where was that Pau, but just know that he was mentally done with the team so there should be no regrets when he's traded...

THIS

Gasol has played 52% of all Laker minutes. The Lakers are +5.3 with him on the court. When Gasol is not on the court the Lakers are -0.9. GASOL IS NOT THE ISSUE WITH THE LAKERS. You guys need to drop this scapegoat crap.

Nobody's paying attention to you because +/- is a dumb statistic. It incorporates everybody else that Pau's on the floor with and not just his very own play when that's exactly what we are evaluating... Pau Gasol's very own play.

He, himself, is shooting 30% in post up situations and wants more post ups. Not getting " post touches " is his scapegoat/excuse. He's horrible. He has no lift on his jump hooks. He gets pushed off the block and moved with ease. He's flails and flops and is always off balance. Ronnie Brewer shut him down on the low block a couple games ago. He's done. Furthermore, he hasn't been a power forward for years now and he can't serve as the anchor of a defense, so he's not what you want @ center either.

Minnesota is the only team that values Pau Gasol and it's because Adelman views him as a Vlade Divac in his system. Think about that for a second. The once great Pau Gasol is now viewed as a Vlade Divac. Lakers don't need any part of that. If Adelman thinks he can make Gasol work, more power to him and good luck.
LAFan24
Junior
And1: 9

Post#167 » by LAFan24 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:52 pm

Pau /duhon for Boozer, Hamilton, bellenelli?
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#168 » by Cashin out » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:55 pm

Nanogeek wrote:
aroba wrote:

THIS

:lol: Dude stop with that +- crap,use the eye test while watching the game.Pau has sucked all season on offense and has been awful on defense.He needs to go.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Re: Pau couldn't start for any team 

Post#169 » by The Laker Kid » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:02 pm

I'm sure he could start for the Bobcats
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
ROballer
General Manager

Post#170 » by ROballer » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:07 pm

HiiiPOWER wrote:

Nobody's paying attention to you because +/- is a dumb statistic. It incorporates everybody else that Pau's on the floor with and not just his very own play when that's exactly what we are evaluating... Pau Gasol's very own play.

He, himself, is shooting 30% in post up situations and wants more post ups. Not getting " post touches " is his scapegoat/excuse. He's horrible. He has no lift on his jump hooks. He gets pushed off the block and moved with ease. He's flails and flops and is always off balance. Ronnie Brewer shut him down on the low block a couple games ago. He's done. Furthermore, he hasn't been a power forward for years now and he can't serve as the anchor of a defense, so he's not what you want @ center either.

Minnesota is the only team that values Pau Gasol and it's because Adelman views him as a Vlade Divac in his system. Think about that for a second. The once great Pau Gasol is now viewed as a Vlade Divac. Lakers don't need any part of that. If Adelman thinks he can make Gasol work, more power to him and good luck.

You should take your talents to the GB and school some fools :lol: :lol:

Posts like these are getting fewer and fewer,but they still happen occasionally

fart wrote:Pau Gasol is still one of the best post players in the league and a top 5 big man, it is not his fault Pringles has him shooting threes instead of giving him touches in the post every other possession.

I

ROballer
General Manager

Post#171 » by ROballer » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:08 pm

LAFan24 wrote:Pau /duhon for Boozer, Hamilton, bellenelli?

How many yrs Boozer has left on his contract?

blackham9258
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Lakers - Jazz - Bobcats Trade 

Post#172 » by blackham9258 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:23 pm

LA OUT: Gasol/ Meeks/ 2016 first (lottery protected, its likely to be in the mid 20's as usual)/ Cash
LA IN: Ben Gordon/ Marvin Williams

Jazz Out: Al Jefferson/ Marvin Williams
Jazz In: Pau Gasol/ Bobcats Pick from Detroit for sending an expiring contract (Pick will likely be used next year when it is top 8 protected. Detroit is on the upswing.)

Bobcats Out: Ben Gordon/ Detroit Protected pick
Bobcats In: Al Jefferson/ Jodie Meeks/ Cash $3M/ LA's 2016 1st Rounder

LA does this because they need scorers off the bench and defense. Marvin is a high level defender and a good SF. He, I believe will opt out of his contract in the summer to pursue a long term deal but even if he doesn't he is a good fit for LA. 2 guys that fill needs and add depth, and they get rid of a contract that is dead weight in their D'Antoni offense. The Pick to Bobcats is for sending such a high quality 6th man their way.

Jazz do this to bridge a one year gap before handing it over to their young bigs who are about a year away from holding down the fort on their own. The feeling in Jazz land is that Al is great but Favors will likely overtake him at center in the next year and they don't want to be committed longer term to Al Jefferson when the young guys are finally ready. Gasol will mentor the Jazz bigs for one more year, and could actually return to form in an offense tailored to his talents. The pick is fair compensation for a late lottery pick to give a valuable expiring to the Bobcats, especially when you consider Al would likely be a 22/12 guy on their team.

Charlotte will have the hardest time parting with the pick but when you look back at picks 9-14 they usually don't generate a 20/10 center which the Bobcats will be able to resign. Al is still only 27 and wants to grow with a young team, but on a good contract. If they don't want him after the season they save $13M and go out in FA. Meeks and the LAL pick are nice pieces moving forward. I also think with Gordon gone it allows the young wings to develop more quickly with more time on the floor, but they also don't have the pressure of performing because they have an offensive anchor in Al Jefferson to put up numbers each night. I also like the offensive/defensive tandem of Al/Bismack. He is also a good fit with the stretch Center Mullens.... AL will own the block and his two bigs will own the defense and outside shooting. It is actually a good mix of bigs. Every team needs a guy who can be counted on for 20/10 in the post, and Al especially compliments this group of Bigs just as his weaknesses are made up for by the Bigs of Charlotte.

FYI to all the AL JEfferson haters who say he is a ball stopper and bad defender. Al is a much better passer now since he went to Utah and he is actually a better defender than people give him credit for.
HiiiPOWER
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#173 » by HiiiPOWER » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:31 pm

ROballer wrote:
HiiiPOWER wrote:

You should take your talents to the GB and school some fools :lol: :lol:

Posts like these are getting fewer and fewer,but they still happen occasionally

fart wrote:Pau Gasol is still one of the best post players in the league and a top 5 big man, it is not his fault Pringles has him shooting threes instead of giving him touches in the post every other possession.

I

It annoys me when I see people still talking about Pau Gasol like he's elite and saying that we shouldn't criticize him or want him traded because of what he did for the Lakers in the past. That's loser talk. The past is the past. Shaquille O'Neal was traded. Pau Gasol can be traded. Pau Gasol WAS traded. ****! We should have CP3 right now. SMH. But they can still make this thing work with an older Nash because he's highly skilled, but Nash is 38 years old... Nash can't carry Pau Gasol on his back. Nash is too old for that mess. Trade Pau AGAIN and get some contributers who can stand on their own 2 feet and help Nash... not the other way around where Nash has to spoon feed those players.

Go get Trevor Ariza back, 1st of all. All I could think about last night was how great it would be to have Ariza defending CP3 because that's what Ariza was for us. He was LAL's Sefolosha. Athletic, long, and able to defend quick guards and work around screens defensively. Instead of starting Morris next Kobe... go get Ariza and start Ariza if you want defense. ****. Trade Jodie Meeks, Jamison, all the other expiring contracts like Ebanks/Clark... whatever.

And deal Gasol and get it over with so D'antoni can start building his rotation before it's too late. We all know that Minnesota is the only team that wants Gasol. Maybe Kupchak is waiting to see what other players pop up on opposing team's trade block like Rudy Gay did... Millsap will for sure. But even if it has to be Ridnour, Derrick Williams, Brandon Roy's broke knees and a 1st round pick... do it and get it over with. The bottom line is Gasol is going to end up in Minnesota by way of a straight up 2 team deal, 3-team deal, or a 4-team deal. So at least that part is known. Nobody else wants Pau Gasol.
KB24TBOTB
RealGM
And1: 329

Post#174 » by KB24TBOTB » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:35 pm

aroba wrote:Please trade Pau, so he can beast elsewhere, far, far away from la and shout some mouths.

So who will be the next scapegoat? I'm sure it will be Nash (as I'm already hearing) or Howard. Then you'll fire D'Antoni like he's the demon on earth, then you'll realize Kobe is not playing team basketball (some of you).

Very FEW will notice in the end that there's too many problems with this team and this season is already lost.

...but then it will.be too late, because you won't have Gasol anymore.

Paulina, Gasoft, ...like Steven E would say "you are so disrespectful" with a guy that was a big part on a 3 year finals run and 2 straight championships. Streaks don't last forever, nor winning or losing. Soon you'll notice like the bulls did, what is like to be out of playoffs when you're clearly the best team not so long ago.
But that's life. And many of you are so young you didn't realize it yet and become frustrated and hate Gasol for losing.
This sounds like miseducated rich boy that's used to have everything and doesn't know how to react when is taken away. This are not real fans. They just use the lakers as a scape from their miserable losing lifes.

I'm done with those.

This guy acts like he knows the future. If you were leading the lakers i'd be worried. This is the NBA bro, it's a business. It doesn't matter how the player has played in the past it's how he is playing now. We all appreciate what Pau has done for the lakers, helping us win 2 chips and 3 straight finals appearances but atm he' a huge liability. Best to fix that liability then hold on to it. Whether he will beast on another team or not, i really do not care. Why should I care? Is he beasting on this team? NO, in fact lakers are significantly better with him off the court.

But hey, your the best possible fan right. Kudos to you high almighty
KB24TBOTB
RealGM
And1: 329

Post#175 » by KB24TBOTB » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:40 pm

BANG! You nailed it. He looks shook out there. Remember that confident Pau in the post? He's gone. When you see him there he looks really scared hence why he through up something weak in a hurry. This is even more magnified in "big game" matchups
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#176 » by Gek » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:41 pm

Pau's best position the past two years has been at the elbow/extended as a playmaker and a playmaker only. Unfortunately, the offense of D'Antoni doesn't call for 3 playmakers at the elbow.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
tko240
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Lakers - Jazz - Bobcats Trade 

Post#177 » by tko240 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:44 pm

lol ben gordon?? i heard he plays really good defense too
dirtymike
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#178 » by dirtymike » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:49 pm

I will pass...DEFINITELY!

Gordon will play NO defense. At least Meeks hustles. I like Marvin and all, but giving up a first rounder and cash and Pau and Meeks for those two. No way.
Plan B: Make Plan A work- Dirty Mike
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#179 » by deNIEd » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:56 pm

HiiiPOWER wrote:It annoys me when I see people still talking about Pau Gasol like he's elite and saying that we shouldn't criticize him or want him traded because of what he did for the Lakers in the past. That's loser talk. The past is the past. Shaquille O'Neal was traded. Pau Gasol can be traded. Pau Gasol WAS traded. ****! We should have CP3 right now. SMH. But they can still make this thing work with an older Nash because he's highly skilled, but Nash is 38 years old... Nash can't carry Pau Gasol on his back. Nash is too old for that mess. Trade Pau AGAIN and get some contributers who can stand on their own 2 feet and help Nash... not the other way around where Nash has to spoon feed those players.

Go get Trevor Ariza back, 1st of all. All I could think about last night was how great it would be to have Ariza defending CP3 because that's what Ariza was for us. He was LAL's Sefolosha. Athletic, long, and able to defend quick guards and work around screens defensively. Instead of starting Morris next Kobe... go get Ariza and start Ariza if you want defense. ****. Trade Jodie Meeks, Jamison, all the other expiring contracts like Ebanks/Clark... whatever.

And deal Gasol and get it over with so D'antoni can start building his rotation before it's too late. We all know that Minnesota is the only team that wants Gasol. Maybe Kupchak is waiting to see what other players pop up on opposing team's trade block like Rudy Gay did... Millsap will for sure. But even if it has to be Ridnour, Derrick Williams, Brandon Roy's broke knees and a 1st round pick... do it and get it over with. The bottom line is Gasol is going to end up in Minnesota by way of a straight up 2 team deal, 3-team deal, or a 4-team deal. So at least that part is known. Nobody else wants Pau Gasol.

If Gasol is as bad as you say he is, and "nobody else wants" him, then Gasol has literally no value. If he is as bad as you claim, add his age and contract and he is arguably the worst contract in the league.

It's funny how many Laker fan's truly believe Pau is terrible and yet, scoff at the trades that value him as a terrible player.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#180 » by ROballer » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:03 pm

Sadly...not sure we'd even get better offers than that :(

Praying I'm wrong though and Mitch pulls something from nothing again

Return to Los Angeles Lakers