ImageImageImage

MIN - LAL - WAS

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,985

MIN - LAL - WAS 

Post#1 » by shrink » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:46 pm

Is shrink making a Pau trade a sign of the apocalypse?

The problem with most Gasol trades is that he is risky and overpaid, and from a trade standpoint, MIN does not have enough overpaid salary (just Roy's expiring) to match up with Gasol's trade value. Also, most of our players are young when LAL wants vets. I think the key is to insert a third team that wants our younger players, and can provide us some compensation for taking on Gasol's salary. I'm going to bring over my trade from most recent Gasol thread.

LAL GIVES: Gasol + Blake
LAL GETS: Okafor + Ariza + Ridnour + M Lee

WAS GIVES: Okafor + Ariza + Crawford + Vesely
WAS GETS: Derrick Williams + Roy + Steimsma + Amundsen + Blake

MIN GIVES: Derrick Williams + Amundsen + M Lee + Steimsma + Roy + Ridnour
MIN GETS: Gasol + Crawford + Vesely

LAL moves Gasol's over-priced deal for two, lesser over-priced deals, including a big man replacement. Ridnour for Blake really helps their big need at PG. All four deals are only two years, so they can go under the lux.

WAS rebuilds by getting out from Okafor and Ariza's deals using Crawford and Vesely to do it -- avoiding their three most important young assets (Wall, Beal and their pick). Roy, Amundsen and Steimsma (partial guarantee) create the cap space to be a player in free agency this summer. Derrick Williams is worth a shot on a team like WAS. They have to eat Blake for $4 mil one more year though, but he will get minutes and could return to form with a change of scenery.

MIN gets some compensation for taking on the overpaid contract of Pau Gasol. Williams would have less fit with Gasol here, and maybe Vesely can catch on. Jordan Crawford is a huge fit, and would probably start right away.[/quote]

Rubio / Barea
Crawford / Shved
Kirilenko / (Buddinger)
Love / Cunningham
Pekovic / Gasol
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Re: MIN - LAL - WAS 

Post#2 » by LordBaldric » Sat Jan 5, 2013 6:54 pm

I don't anything to do with Gasol. The guy is playing on fumes right now.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#3 » by [RCG] » Sat Jan 5, 2013 10:14 pm

But Crawford isn't white... I'd much rather have Redick. :p
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#4 » by Narf » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:36 pm

I hate to say it, but I'd rather have Okafor off the bench than Gasol for that pricetag.
guille_4
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#5 » by guille_4 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 1:25 am

If we could keep Ridnour and not get Crawford, I wouldn't mind that tarde.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#6 » by Murphs56 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 2:09 am

LordBaldric wrote:I don't anything to do with Gasol. The guy is playing on fumes right now.

No Pau for me either unless the guy from the Olympics shows up
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Post#7 » by karch34 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 2:10 am

Narf wrote:I hate to say it, but I'd rather have Okafor off the bench than Gasol for that pricetag.

You shouldn't hate to say it, because that's a great point.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Post#8 » by shrink » Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:26 am

FROM the Washboard:
WizardsWorld wrote:
mohammed10 wrote:Seems like we've cooled on the D Williams trade talk with Minny...

Anyone still interested?

ME. I prob have about 50 posts on here screaming for us to get DWill.... I want him way more than Cousins. Anything other than Wall or Beal to give them is cool with me. Minny loves white guys so I assume theyd want Vesley. So Vesley, Ariza and Crawford for DWill and filler works for me.

Look like the deal may swing with some Wizard fans -- whether or not we brought in Pau.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#9 » by Narf » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:09 pm

What about

Stiemsma, Roy, and Ridnour
for
Okafor

Basically Stiemsma and Roy come off the books next year so it saves Washington a bunch of money and gives them cap space to go after a free agent this year.

Not like they are competing for anything this year with that 4-27 record.

Then when Budinger comes back and, hopefully, Rubio and Love are healthy our team would be:

Pekovic/Okafor
Love/Williams/Cunningham
Kirilenko/whoever
Shved/Budinger
Rubio/Barea/Lee

DNPCD Amundson

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves