ImageImageImageImage

Dwightmare lives on in LA!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

juxsta
Ballboy
And1: 25

Re: Dwightmare lives on in LA! 

Post#61 » by juxsta » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:47 am

Bandwaggoner wrote:2013 free agency. Do it Orlando. Would be biggest conspiracy since 1919 CWS

Nope and thank God.

http://www.orlandomagicdaily.com/2013-articles/january/magic-dwight-howard-free-agency-010513.html
Tarot Magician
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#62 » by Tarot Magician » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:42 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... bled=false

It's from NY, so consider the source. But I secretly want this to happen. Why? Because I imagine it'd be funny.

Going from the dysfunctional Lakers to the equally dysfunctional Nets may actually be worse. Deron validated his reputation as a coach killer. And paired with Dwight, I could only imagine how the two would fare with Latrell Sprewell's favorite coach.

Plus, Dan Fegan is no longer with Lagardere. He probably wouldn't even care to move Dwight to Brooklyn if he won't receive kickbacks out of the Lagardere Unlimited-Barclays Center partership. Although in a beautiful and hilarious world, it'd be even better if Dwight fired Fegan before signing his next contract.
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#63 » by T-Cat » Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:16 pm

thelead wrote:
OrlandO wrote:If everything continues to trend downwards for Dwight (miss playoffs, bad relationship with kobe, lack of shots, bashed by LA media, etc), do you guys think Henny will give him a call when free agency hits just to make sure he doesn't want to return?

With what money would we sign him?

Hennigan could use that large $17+ TPE to acquire Howard in a sign and trade...Just like the Lakers did when they went after Steve Nash, when they were already over the salary cap!

But I would imagine we either slash some payroll by trade by the dealine (BBD,Affalo,Nelson) and sign another FA by the free agency like Ellis before we acquire Howard. Not to mention our potential high draft pick this summer *coughs* (Marcus Smart). I probably think our GM has this planned out already :D

C-Howard*
PF-Vucevic
SF-D.Jones
SG-Ellis*
PG-Smart

Not to mention Hennigan might pursue Turk to opt out of his final year contract (more cap room) and resign him for cheap to have a spot on this roster next year on a potential championship team or be waive with his partial guaranteed $6m/left out of a chance to win a title with the Magic :wink:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#64 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:13 pm

Dwights lackey is shooting down the reported rumor between Dwight and Kobe.

Jarrod Rudolph of RealGM.com:

For those wondering, I was told on Thursday that the rumor of a Dwight-Kobe altercation was nothing more than talk.

I also know of two other reporters that were made aware of the rumor last week and also told the story wasn't true when they looked into it.

On the occasion of his preseason Lakers debut, perhaps his truest and most important introduction to this most scrutinized job in sports – center for the Los Angeles Lakers – had come after the tears and ovation and his teammates pranking him by pushing Howard to lead them out of the tunnel – only to stop and let him run out there alone. For one, Kobe Bryant doesn't do basketball laugh tracks, nor condone them.

"I don't play those games," he grumbled later.

Bryant isn't a fan of the jokes, nor he is an agent of humor like Howard. So yeah, the potential for them to clash beyond reason is there.

Dwight regarding Clips and Lakers: Look at the difference between our team and theirs. They just play together. They share the ball. Everybody's excited when something happens. We have to be like that to be a great team.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#65 » by arsenal6106 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:21 pm

^This is becoming too predictable.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#66 » by Orium » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:24 pm

Maybe Kobe digging in to pin-cushion soft Dwight is exactly what he needs. Dwight should stop trying to be so damn likable all of the time and be himself for once, cause I'm not sure we've ever seen it.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#67 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:25 pm

arsenal6106 wrote:^This is becoming too predictable.

We all saw this coming a long time ago. Kobe is douche, Dwight is douche, and they hate each other. The mansopera continues...
aka: prorl
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#68 » by Def Swami » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:16 pm

When Rudolph is called upon for damage control, you know the rumor is true.
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#69 » by Reverse_Angle » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:27 pm

T-Cat wrote:
Hennigan could use that large $17+ TPE to acquire Howard in a sign and trade...Just like the Lakers did when they went after Steve Nash, when they were already over the salary cap!

But I would imagine we either slash some payroll by trade by the dealine (BBD,Affalo,Nelson) and sign another FA by the free agency like Ellis before we acquire Howard. Not to mention our potential high draft pick this summer *coughs* (Marcus Smart). I probably think our GM has this planned out already :D

C-Howard*
PF-Vucevic
SF-D.Jones
SG-Ellis*
PG-Smart

Not to mention Hennigan might pursue Turk to opt out of his final year contract (more cap room) and resign him for cheap to have a spot on this roster next year on a potential championship team or be waive with his partial guaranteed $6m/left out of a chance to win a title with the Magic :wink:

this could work, but i rather keep afflalo and try to improve at 3 instead.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#70 » by rcklsscognition » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:37 pm

Since JR is saying it's false, I believe it actually happened.

From CNN:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1473 ... ?hpt=hp_t2
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#71 » by tiderulz » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:09 pm

Didnt Dwight and his people deny the altercation between him and Jameer? And he denied wanting Stan gone? And he denied meeting with Brooklyn before being allowed?

an awful lot of denials that were true.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#72 » by mhectorgato » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:46 pm

tiderulz wrote:Didnt Dwight and his people deny the altercation between him and Jameer? And he denied wanting Stan gone? And he denied meeting with Brooklyn before being allowed?

an awful lot of denials that were true.

A lot of smoke ... :onfire:
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#73 » by magicmamma » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:06 pm

Anyone who can get into a fight with Jameer cannot avoid fighting with Kobe, LOL.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#74 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:08 pm

Doesn't this hurt Dwights image. This can't be true.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#75 » by Cigamodnalro » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:09 pm

Breaking: Dwight Howard out indefinitely with torn right labrum. http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 8576.story
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#76 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:14 pm

I had a feeling Dwight would be a serious injury, but I thought it would be his back again not a labia.
aka: prorl
jernigan
Pro Prospect
And1: 118

Post#77 » by jernigan » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:32 pm

Not so "Superman" anymore with the injury's pilling up.
magic321
Sophomore
And1: 70

Post#78 » by magic321 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:28 pm

Wow looks like the more the season goes on the more we got the better end of the trade.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#79 » by Dunkin On Ya » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:29 pm

I hope Dwight gets healthy and gets the Lakers to the playoffs. Last thing I want is for him to be out for awhile, Lakers miss the playoffs and then get lucky in the lottery.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,204

Post#80 » by thelead » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:33 pm

Dunkin On Ya wrote:I hope Dwight gets healthy and gets the Lakers to the playoffs. Last thing I want is for him to be out for awhile, Lakers miss the playoffs and then get lucky in the lottery.

Their pick goes to PHX :lol:

Return to Orlando Magic