ImageImageImageImage

Dwightmare lives on in LA!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Re: Dwightmare lives on in LA! 

Post#81 » by drsd » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:50 pm

Maybe the Magic look to have won their trade. ???
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,459

Post#82 » by AddiFB » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:50 pm

Dunkin On Ya wrote:I hope Dwight gets healthy and gets the Lakers to the playoffs. Last thing I want is for him to be out for awhile, Lakers miss the playoffs and then get lucky in the lottery.

If their pick is 14 or above, it goes to Phoenix. They can't even tank the season.
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
Deadcellz
Senior
And1: 212

Post#83 » by Deadcellz » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:55 pm

I know a few of us had said in the past jokingly that we hoped Dwight had problems wherever he went after us, but this all happening.......dwight injured........bynum's taken up professional bowling...........Vucevic tearing it up.................. 8-)
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,459

Post#84 » by AddiFB » Mon Jan 7, 2013 10:58 pm

Deadcellz wrote:I know a few of us had said in the past jokingly that we hoped Dwight had problems wherever he went after us, but this all happening.......dwight injured........bynum's taken up professional bowling...........Vucevic tearing it up.................. 8-)

Henny looking like the smartest man on Earth...
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#85 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:02 pm

Dwights ego is probably hurt more than his shoulder.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#86 » by rcklsscognition » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:17 pm

One thing for sure, the Lakers won't be in the finals so Dwight won't be able to return from the injury to help them lose.
Deadcellz
Senior

Post#87 » by Deadcellz » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:29 pm

AddiFB wrote:
Deadcellz wrote:I know a few of us had said in the past jokingly that we hoped Dwight had problems wherever he went after us, but this all happening.......dwight injured........bynum's taken up professional bowling...........Vucevic tearing it up.................. 8-)

Henny looking like the smartest man on Earth...

When you look at the stunts he pulled even during the Dwight trade to get the TPE's working in tandem, fills you with confidence man
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#88 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:38 pm

thelead wrote:
Dunkin On Ya wrote:I hope Dwight gets healthy and gets the Lakers to the playoffs. Last thing I want is for him to be out for awhile, Lakers miss the playoffs and then get lucky in the lottery.

Their pick goes to PHX :lol:

:rofl:
Deadcellz
Senior

Post#89 » by Deadcellz » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:43 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:
thelead wrote:

Their pick goes to PHX :lol:

:rofl:

:nod:
inmate347
Senior
And1: 42

Post#90 » by inmate347 » Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:53 pm

[quote="Optimus_Steel"]I had a feeling Dwight would be a serious injury, but I thought it would be his back again not a [b]labia[/b].[/quote]

Don't know if that was intentional or not, but it was pretty damn funny.
kasedafk_1
Starter
And1: 145

Post#91 » by kasedafk_1 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:04 am

great news lol... this clown deserves it....
TheFix
Banned User
And1: 98

Post#92 » by TheFix » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:08 am

As I've said - if Dwight is a free agent and is willing to explore a return to the Magic, Magic fans would be masochistic if we didn't welcome him back with open arms.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#93 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:17 am

TheFix wrote:As I've said - if Dwight is a free agent and is willing to explore a return to the Magic, Magic fans would be masochistic if we didn't welcome him back with open arms.

He isn't coming back here and the Magic organization has stated that they will not pursue him. This thought of Dwight coming back here all of a sudden really needs to die already.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#94 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:42 am

I do not think The Magic nor this fan base wants to go through another round with Dwight Howard.

It's never good when someone gets injured but no one has any sympathy for the bad season Dwight's new team is having.

If they miss the playoffs, it will be one of the biggest jokes in NBA history and Phoenix will get a good draft pick.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#95 » by InFlames » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:48 am

Howard Mass wrote:I do not think The Magic nor this fan base wants to go through another round with Dwight Howard.

It's never good when someone gets injured but no one has any sympathy for the bad season Dwight's new team is having.

If they miss the playoffs, it will be one of the biggest jokes in NBA history and Phoenix will get a good draft pick.

Oh man RealGM will be comedy gold if that happens.
qbanb
Senior
And1: 3

Post#96 » by qbanb » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:57 am

Dwight looks like damaged goods. As it stands now I dont see him getting back to his old form from athletic perspective. Im actually over the dwight situation and now looking foward to the rebuilding of the magic.

Which is weird cuz I was pissed off about Shaq for years.

I wouldn't be opposed to dwight comming back eventually as a roleplayer but that is about it. I think now people are seeing dwight's game is based more on athletics then fundamentals.
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#97 » by Shishnizzle » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:40 pm

Getting really bad for Dwight. I wonder if his girlfriend likes the way he is being treated. Maybe he should go to a new team to fix all his problems. Dude destroyed his image.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/01/07/13/H ... eedID=7972
Hon-essim
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#98 » by Hon-essim » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:20 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:
TheFix wrote:As I've said - if Dwight is a free agent and is willing to explore a return to the Magic, Magic fans would be masochistic if we didn't welcome him back with open arms.

He isn't coming back here and the Magic organization has stated that they will not pursue him. This thought of Dwight coming back here all of a sudden really needs to die already.

You don't want him back but at this point it would be silly not to pursue him in order to hope to nab and force a three team trade.

Even if it's a weak one or a sign and trade, there are teams that would not rather not have a 2nd go around at the 1st round with Dwight's Orlando Magic (remember the Dwight-less Magic vs. Pacers series?) and LA is severely lacking in big men (or small men) for the future and Orlando has one of the cheaper packages that can help them compete now.

If you can even start making LAL consider a Gasol-Dwight trade back to Orlando, you've already won. All you really need is that third East team who believes Dwight in Orlando is still a bad idea (with the added value of knowing how good Orlando's GM is at selling this trade and then selling Dwight to another team) or lure Dallas to keep Dirk and add Dwight in the hopes that they can still salvage a future Dirk championship run with Dwight replacing Chandler and get Gasol in return. Gasol is an over-fatigued player that can do well resting on a bad team while still being a positive leader in the locker room. He's a guy who can suddenly shoot up in trade value with 1 week of elite play. He's a guy who works well with SVG in an elite playoff capacity but also excels tanking well in Jacque Vaughn's system and he can pass which helps the entire team chemistry even if he plays zero defense, does not get up for the rebound and plays Tim Duncan minutes and plays worse than he is playing now with LA.

Gasol is the real gold mine for any tanking team with a decent head coach. You can make SVG vs. Pau Gasol debate basketball TV and you would get more real talk than the entire broadcasting teams. These two are not just high BBIQ guys, they shoot from the gut and having these two as mentors could nab you a future Gregg Popovich coach whether it turns out to be Jacque Vaughn or a future moldable coach or you can nab a big man and this time you have a David Robinson in the form of Pau Gasol to help mature him instead of just a Patrick Ewing on the sidelines or a Hakeem training camp. It's practically the steal of the century so long as a team 100% buys in to a Pau Gasol as Tim Duncan-ish mentor team. Something that no NBA team has done yet for Pau.
Gerhalt11 wrote:What? He produces better results than he should? Fire that guy!

No coach. No GM. Probably no star. I swear, in my 23 years of following this team, I can't name a stranger time than this moment to be a supporter of the Magic.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#99 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:29 pm

Shishnizzle wrote:Getting really bad for Dwight. I wonder if his girlfriend likes the way he is being treated. Maybe he should go to a new team to fix all his problems. Dude destroyed his image.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/01/07/13/H ... eedID=7972

Awesome article. I didn't know Dwight pouted like that after the win over GSW's on Nash's return. Everyone celebrating but Dwight because he got only 11/6.

It is true that the world doesn't evolve around Dwight even when he does have a 26 board night. I bet his GF is finding out that she did not become a superstar celebrity just because she is with Dwight living near Hollywood.

best quotes of the article:

This past weekend, before the reported New Year’s altercation with Kobe came to light, Howard first complained about friendship issues among the Lakers, as if playing Parcheesi with Pau, Kobe and Nash or organizing a group karaoke outing could fix the team’s problems.

“Those guys on the Clippers team, they really enjoy each other off the court, and it shows,” Howard told ESPN. “It’s something we have to do to get better. We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don't want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table.”

When I read this, my jaw nearly dropped to the floor. It was a level of hypocrisy so strong it would be funny if it weren’t directly at odds with the Lakers’ desperate need to start winning, right now, today. The very thing Howard was bemoaning is one of his singular failures, but, of course, hypocrites often find in others the faults actually simmering in themselves.

That’s a crisis, and in a crisis your leaders, your talent, your high-priced stars must be the ones to calm the troops and instill a sense of confidence. They must rally around the lesser mortals among them. They must support coaches who are certainly embattled in the hope it makes their jobs easier.

But not Dwight Howard. No, that’s not in his arsenal. How could it be? He’s finding out the universe does not revolve around him, that the laws of physics and reality do not in fact suspend themselves because he’s not happy, so forget everyone else. Let’s attack the star player instead. Let’s talk about how the losing coming from a lack of friendship. Let’s spread that blame around far and wide.

This guy witnessed Howard being an ass after a win! There is no "I" in team!

Last month, when Steve Nash returned from injury to lead the Lakers to a dazzling and much-needed win over the Golden State Warriors, I stood in an ebullient Lakers locker room. They were happy. They did like each other. They heaped praise on Nash, on his return, on the win. They felt good about the future. They had won, and that was enough to bring them together for at least one night.

Well, everyone but Howard.

Dwight, having scored only 11 points and corralled six rebounds in the win, sat and pouted. He was surly at his locker. He didn’t smile, not once, despite the much-needed sign of progress and what at the time seemed like a very good omen in Nash’s debut.

That’s a cancer. A guy who can’t root for his own teammates. A guy who can’t be happy with a win because the win didn’t bolster the idea it should be all about him.

I know as a basketball player that I used to psych myself out before and after every game as if my play determined whether we won or lost. If the other team scored, it was because I wasn't playing good team defense or things like if our offense didn't execute good enough, it was because I didn't set good picks, pass the ball or took bad shots. I would apologize to the team afterward and be determined to prove everyone wrong the next game. I played every game like it was the last and dove after every loose ball. This is why I like BBD so much and respect his heart because these are virtues that cannot be taught. And, Dwight is a lost cause because he has been corrupted over the years. He used to be more like BBD, but is evolving into Stephen Starburry.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicForLife
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#100 » by MagicForLife » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:36 am

I sure hope the Lakers go on a little winning streak just to start losing again when Howard returns. That would be the ultimate payback for his bad karma. :lol:

Return to Orlando Magic