LeBron James calls Pacers cocky...

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,073

LeBron James calls Pacers cocky... 

Post#1 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:53 pm

By Ira Winderman South Florida Sun Sentinel
1:08 p.m. EST, January 8, 2013
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,4532043.story

INDIANAPOLIS—
So here are the Miami Heat back in Indiana. And here are the Indiana Pacers, talking again. ToLeBron James, it is all so amusing.
In advance of Tuesday's game at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, James noted the cockiness of the Pacers during last season's Eastern Conference semifinals, when Indiana took a 2-1 series lead only to fall in six games, the series ending on the Pacers' home court.
"They took a 2-1 lead and were really excited about what was going on and they were talking a lot," he said. "They felt like they were the better team, we took control of the series."
James said he continued to take note.
"But they've been talking a lot," he said. "I read a lot of clips they had before the season, said they were better than us and they should have beat us, so we'll be ready."
James said such an approach is not his way.
"I'm not one to talk much, honestly," he said. "I just do it on the court. I let my game do the talking, but it is amusing sometimes, you see guys, you see teams talking and they didn't beat you."
He said there is a time and a place.
"I've always kind of been after the fact," he said. "If I hear someone talking, then I will have a conversation with them, or say my peace out on the floor, but I will never start it up.
"My Little League coaches wouldn't allow us to do that. They always told, 'Just let your game do the talking.' "
That didn't stop James from working out in the offseason with Pacers swingman Paul George.
"He's continued to grow," James said. "And with growth also comes confidence. I think the good thing, which is a bad for them, but it's a good for him, is they haven't hadDanny Granger. So it's allowed him to grow and kind of fill in that role, the No. 1, or whatever the case may be, a role when he's had more opportunities to showcase what he can do."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoOXKha7uL4[/youtube]

This guy is losing touch with reality.
BodieB
Veteran
And1: 3,301

Re: LeBron James calls Pacers cocky... 

Post#2 » by BodieB » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:55 pm

All of that stuff you posted is off the court. He's speaking about on the court.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#3 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:56 pm

Well, he doesnt really talk that much trash given how good he is. And he actually is right about never really starting up with anyone. Mind you this is the best player in the NBA...if he wanted to talk trash, it would be okay. But he doesnt.
daam
Junior
And1: 12

Post#4 » by daam » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:56 pm

Why? I didn't see anything wrong with his comments.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#5 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:56 pm

BodieB wrote:All of that stuff you posted is off the court. He's speaking about on the court.

"I've always been after the fact..."

I see him predicting 8 Championships before...
Meeks
Bench Warmer
And1: 58

Post#6 » by Meeks » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:57 pm

BodieB wrote:All of that stuff you posted is off the court. He's speaking about on the court.

so its okay then? because the same trash talk that LBJ is complaining with about the Pacers were also off the court, sooooo......
Props to TZ
BodieB
Veteran

Post#7 » by BodieB » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:58 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:

"I've always been after the fact..."

I see him predicting 8 Championships before...

He's talking about on the court. He lets his game do the talking which is true, mostly.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#8 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:58 pm

By all means, he can do whatever he wants to do. I understand that. But to then turn around and act like it didn't happen is silly.

Calling himself "The Chosen 1" and "King James" and so on, predicting 8 Championships, then to call someone else cocky is just kinda ironic to me.
BodieB
Veteran

Post#9 » by BodieB » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:01 pm

Meeks wrote:

so its okay then? because the same trash talk that LBJ is complaining with about the Pacers were also off the court, sooooo......

Yeah it's fine. I don't really care if Lebron acts egotistical off the court. Most pro-athletes are jerks. On the court Lebron let's his game do the talking and I respect that.
Nobymoby
Starter
And1: 532

Post#10 » by Nobymoby » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:02 pm

We kinda knew that. Remember all the talking about the bulls? So glad both teams smacked their behinds.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
CoachKobe
Rookie
And1: 312

Post#11 » by CoachKobe » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:02 pm

the decision wasn't about talking, right...

oh, and "not 5, not 6, not 7..."

oh, and talking about - never talking.
just brilliant.

MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 16,955

Post#12 » by MrBigShot » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:03 pm

He's the best player in the league and is just coming off a championship. He can say whatever he wants, and he has the game to back it up. He's definitely said some silly things in the past, but I feel like he's made a drastic improvement in maturity since then. I think that summer after he lost in the finals changed him a bit. He seems at peace with himself, as strange as that sounds.

The LeBron of today is different than the guy fortelling 7+ rings imo. I don't think he's as cocky as he use to be.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#13 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:03 pm

CoachKobe wrote:the decision wasn't about talking, right...

oh, and "not 5, not 6, not 7..."

oh, and talking about - never talking.
just brilliant.

At least I'm not the only one that thinks its funny. :-p
Spurtatcus
Starter
And1: 29

Post#14 » by Spurtatcus » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:04 pm

One thing you can say about LeBron is that he doesn't talk trash, doesn't loose his cool, and let's his game speak for itself. He may have some stupid off court antics or may have said some dumb things in the media but he's never directly smack talked anyone that I can remember
Nobymoby
Starter
And1: 532

Post#15 » by Nobymoby » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:05 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:By all means, he can do whatever he wants to do. I understand that. But to then turn around and act like it didn't happen is silly.

Calling himself "The Chosen 1" and "King James" and so on, predicting 8 Championships, then to call someone else cocky is just kinda ironic to me.
You need to get a grip of yourself if you thought the 8 tittle thing was serious talk, but by all means go on your silly tirade.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#16 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:06 pm

Nobymoby wrote:
DGrangeRx33 wrote:By all means, he can do whatever he wants to do. I understand that. But to then turn around and act like it didn't happen is silly.

You need to get a grip of yourself if you thought the 8 tittle thing was serious talk, but by all means go on your silly tirade.

Tirade? I think its all funny...
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,882

Post#17 » by Effigy » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:08 pm

He thinks the Pacers are cocky and talk a lot of trash now? Does he not remember playing them when they had Reggie Miller in his first couple years of his career?
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#18 » by Jase » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:09 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:Calling himself "The Chosen 1" and "King James" and so on, predicting 8 Championships, then to call someone else cocky is just kinda ironic to me.

This is sig-worthy.

LBJ has been better as of late at appearing humble, and his comments aren't waaaaaaay out there, but he probably could have worded them differently. He seemed to elevate himself while being passive aggressive towards the Pacers. It's like he said "I do things right, they don't."
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#19 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:14 pm

Yea, I could care less if he is calling us cocky. That doesn't bother me at all. Honestly, we are kinda cocky, I was pissed at Granger last year because I believe he is what set James and Wade off(he kept trying to get in James' face). I understand why LeBron is saying that and I have no problem with it.

I simply think its funny that he is calling other people cocky, then talking about how he has NEVER been one to talk before accomplishing something. I get that he doesn't do it much anymore, but he said he has "never" been one to do that. Thats all I'm saying.
Mikey111690
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#20 » by Mikey111690 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:21 pm

He just won a championship, was the MVP, finals MVP and won a gold medal all in the same year. He's also the best player in the game. He can talk if he wants, but like he said his game does the talking. The Pacers on the other hand like to talk when they haven't accomplished a damn thing.

Return to The General Board