ImageImageImageImageImage

Earl Clark?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

anarchy24
Pro Prospect
And1: 230

Re: start earl? 

Post#61 » by anarchy24 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:55 am

Problem with Pau with the bench guys is he's passive on offense. If he is agressive like he was in the Olympics, then it would be good to play him with the bench guys.
KevinUrb
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#62 » by KevinUrb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:58 am

I would actually like to see him start, but in place for Metta.
Starting line up of
Nash
Kobe
Earl
Pau
Dwight

Then next rotaton in
Meeks or Morris
Kobe
Earl
Metta
Pau

Followed with
Nash
Meeks or Morris
Metta
Jameson
Dwight

Gives us a Duo of either Kobe or Pau and Nash and Dwight in at all times paired mostly with athletic role players like Morris and Clark in there with them along with Metta doing his thing
LA_Sports
Junior
And1: 12

Post#63 » by LA_Sports » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:00 am

anarchy24 wrote:Problem with Pau with the bench guys is he's passive on offense. If he is agressive like he was in the Olympics, then it would be good to play him with the bench guys.

Well hopefully coming off the bench and being a centerpiece of the offense will force him to be more aggressive.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#64 » by Jajwanda » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:01 am

KevinUrb wrote:I would actually like to see him start, but in place for Metta.
Starting line up of
Nash
Kobe
Earl
Pau
Dwight

Then next rotaton in
Meeks or Morris
Kobe
Earl
Metta
Pau

Followed with
Nash
Meeks or Morris
Metta
Jameson
Dwight

Gives us a Duo of either Kobe or Pau and Nash and Dwight in at all times paired mostly with athletic role players like Morris and Clark in there with them along with Metta doing his thing

I hate Clark at the 3. Clark at the 3 is the main reason why he was a bust for two years.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#65 » by EArl » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:07 am

Clark belongs in the four. That where he is maximized playing against other fours. He can actually spread the floor and play defense.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#66 » by Jajwanda » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:09 am

He's a major threat to drive off of that P and P. At the 3 he's going to sit there clank and then get blasted by on defense while Pau does his best attempt at horrific defense from the 4.

Pau cannot guard 4s, that has to end.
KevinUrb
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#67 » by KevinUrb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:09 am

Jajwanda wrote:
Starting line up of
Nash
Kobe
Earl
Pau
Dwight

Then next rotaton in
Meeks or Morris
Kobe
Earl
Metta
Pau

Followed with
Nash
Meeks or Morris
Metta
Jameson
Dwight

I hate Clark at the 3. Clark at the 3 is the main reason why he was a bust for two years.

Who knows, he may strive being out there with those 4 players though. Then when Metta comes in, he can be the one who moves up to the 4, honestly Metta and Clark could swap positions easily. Or as one poster stated, Clark is like a poor man's LO and MD might end up doing something similiar to the Pau-Bynum-Odom rotation with Pau-Dwight-Clark when he decides to tighten up the rotations to an 8-9 man rotation like he did in Phoenix...

My point is though I don't think it would be a great idea to play Pau off the bench. Knowing how mentally strong he is, he probably wouldn't take the demotion really well and he may end up being even more useless for us. :-?
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#68 » by Kobe System » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:16 am

Starting line up of
Nash
Kobe
Earl
Pau
Dwight

Then next rotaton in
Meeks or Morris
Kobe
Earl
Metta
Pau

Followed with
Nash
Meeks or Morris
Metta
Jameson
Dwight

Very bad spacing.
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#69 » by supaflash » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:32 am

The nice thing about him too is that he looks so smoothe. With all the talent we have it is almost better to have a more complimentary one in there at times when you have so many guys that need touches. He hedges on the pick and rolls so much better and spaces the floor nice, but then he also cuts well and gives nice touch and skip passes. He seems nicely polished for a guy with not much playing time. I had some high hopes when we snagged him in the Howard deal.

He just makes a nice glue piece with the starters, makes that unit just click a little better. Then Pau comes in at the 5 and he doesn't have to get outside the lane as much on either end. He can still slide to the 4 for stretches when Howard comes back in but he should spend the majority of his mins now at the 5. Let him know, hey you are going to play 20-25 mins so hustle as hard as you can.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,228

Post#70 » by TheHartBreakKid » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:33 am

Clark is what we need at the 4. Can make the open shot, and roll to the basket on offense. While his range at three isn't too dependable, he has shown that he can make the open ones and doesn't take too many. He is very solid from midrange, so compared to Pau he is a better fit on offense. Obviously he isn't half the passer that Pau is, but we don't need him to be. Now on defense, that's where really excels. He might have problems with the randolphs and Griffins of the league playing them one by one, but lets face, so does Pau. Atleast with Clark there is more effort, better D on the picks, same shot blocking really, and much better D against the stretch fours and iso fours. Look Pau is still a great player and I think he can get some of his old form back, but for this team Clark is a better fit. Our number one goal should be to get a wing/guard player who can create his own shot off the bench. We need a scorer to fill the 6th man role. Sucks that Hill went out, because a Dwight/Clark/Hill/and the occasional Metta and Jamison rotation for the 4 is solid as hell, especially if we could use Pau to solidify our bench/upgrade at the three. I'm not trying to overrate Clark. He is a role player and will be nothing more, but he's a role player that fits, and doesn't hurt the team with his streaky shooting (Jamison), and more importantly on D (Jamison).
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager

Post#71 » by TheHartBreakKid » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:36 am

supaflash wrote:The nice thing about him too is that he looks so smoothe. With all the talent we have it is almost better to have a more complimentary one in there at times when you have so many guys that need touches. He hedges on the pick and rolls so much better and spaces the floor nice, but then he also cuts well and gives nice touch and skip passes. He seems nicely polished for a guy with not much playing time. I had some high hopes when we snagged him in the Howard deal.

He just makes a nice glue piece with the starters, makes that unit just click a little better. Then Pau comes in at the 5 and he doesn't have to get outside the lane as much on either end. He can still slide to the 4 for stretches when Howard comes back in but he should spend the majority of his mins now at the 5. Let him know, hey you are going to play 20-25 mins so hustle as hard as you can.

Exactly. He's a PF version of Ariza imo. Isn't an elite offensive threat, but plays very well off the other starters, and has the energy and speed to play with the bench as well. He isn't a lockdown defender, but neighter was Trevor. He is, however, a player who tries on D and has the ability and mindset to be a very solid above average defender.
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#72 » by GAME TIME » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:42 am

He's a pretty good passer. Never thought he would be a good decision maker and post entry passer. This guy could and should eat up some minutes with his energy and defense.

It was nice to see Howard and Clark trying to swat everything by the basket. He may be a poor mans Josh Smith, not LO
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#73 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:02 am

yes.

do it. do it NAO
GAME TIME
Banned User

Post#74 » by GAME TIME » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:10 am

saw this thread in LG

Will LeBron James fake an injury because he'll be matching up with Earl Clark?

Earlsanity has arrived !!!!!!!
GAME TIME
Banned User

Post#75 » by GAME TIME » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:13 am

D'Antoni said yesterday at practice Clark will go back to the bench when Pau returns.

:roll:

Maybe because Pau could be trade bait before the trade dead line?
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#76 » by moonpie » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:13 am

Really like this kid's game, reminds me of LO with his triple threat skills, but with a much higher defensive ceiling.
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#77 » by Jajwanda » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:24 am

There's another Louisville guy out there that hasn't made it in the NBA...
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager

Post#78 » by TheHartBreakKid » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:26 am

GAME TIME wrote:saw this thread in LG

Will LeBron James fake an injury because he'll be matching up with Earl Clark?

Earlsanity has arrived !!!!!!!

As expected. Hopefully if Pau is being ineffective they quickly put Earl in, and play him to finish the game if they have. At the end of the day, having Earl in the rotation is an upgrade, no matter what.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#79 » by ROballer » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:33 am

Jajwanda wrote:There's another Louisville guy out there that hasn't made it in the NBA...

Pass
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#80 » by Jajwanda » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:44 am

He's got more talent than Earl Clark^ and there's a spot open for a play-making wing off the bench.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers