ImageImageImage

The Shved Thread!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

marty264
Sophomore
And1: 24

Re: The Shved Thread! 

Post#161 » by marty264 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Does anyone know the rate for Barea and Ridnour assisting Shved?
zubinho
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#162 » by zubinho » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Shved vs Spurs
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONPXaA1EO18[/youtube]
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#163 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:57 am

Gideon wrote:I don't really know the specifics of how margin of error and sample-size requirements work... but I think that's just way too small a sample size with Rubio/Shved (or Rubio/Pek) to conclude anything from.

Don't get me wrong... it's still interesting to read, and I appreciate you posting it. However, I think we can't really tell anything yet.

I also have a hard time imagining Rubio basically freezing out Shved (or Pek). Every PG has favorite players to set-up, but Rubio doesn't seem like he would be deliberately screw people over by refusing to pass to them. Deron Williams used to do that with AK (and a couple of other players) on Utah -- basically he would just never feed AK and always look for certain players no matter what, which was really frustrating... Williams had the sort of attitude where that fit, though. Rubio seems like a really nice guy who gets along with everybody... I bet the stats will even out.

Come on, Ricky... let's get a bunch of assists to Shved and Pek tonight!

Shved hasn't been a catch and shoot player so far. He can create for himself, but he hasn't looked natural playing off the ball and getting himself open and spotting up in the right spots.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#164 » by Murphs56 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:32 am

Turnover_21 wrote:
Murphs56 wrote:Shved is very confused when he's in the air trying to make decisions. It usually always leads to a turnover

Who's doing knuckle pushups in your avatar?

This was post the first injury. I thought he would be in shape :(
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#165 » by Murphs56 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:32 am

Shved has hit that Rookie Wall HARD by the way. I mean the dude looks spent. Unfortunately, we have absolutely no depth
MagnusPinus
Analyst
And1: 148

Post#166 » by MagnusPinus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:14 pm

exactly.. he hit the wall.. honestly I would have kept him off the bench.. so now, we should make him our six man that can sparkle a little bit our second unit
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,581

Post#167 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Honestly, I think/hope that soon we will see

Rubio/Ridnour/Kirilenko/Williams/Pekovic
Barea/Shved/Cunningham/Stiemsma
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#168 » by Krapinsky » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Klomp wrote:Honestly, I think/hope that soon we will see

With only these 9 guys i don't think alternating the line ups is going to do much. I think we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. Shved, AK, and Luke are all looking worn out from having to carry the load too long.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,581

Post#169 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Krapinsky wrote:
Klomp wrote:Honestly, I think/hope that soon we will see

With only these 9 guys i don't think alternating the line ups is going to do much. I think we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. Shved, AK, and Luke are all looking worn out from having to carry the load too long.

The thing that will change is as Rubio's minutes increase, someone else's will decrease. Shved being an obvious candidate. Also Williams is more capable of big minutes than Cunningham IMO. It puts those two back in roles they are comfortable in. That's what alternating the lineups can do.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#170 » by C.lupus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Hopefully they will bring in JellyBall or someone similar who will be more capable of spelling AK as well.
zubinho
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#171 » by zubinho » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Shved vs Mavs
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgaDw1TKjt0[/youtube]
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#172 » by mlloyd10 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:12 pm

As a bucks fan, just wondering if this guy is available? Seems like you could use a big man like Udoh for him
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#173 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:21 pm

No he is not available. He's part of the core: Rubio/Shved/Love/Pekovic
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#174 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:12 pm

So, are ya'll under the persuasion that he's just hit a wall b/c he's been worn out b/c he's had to play so much due to injuries in the back court? Or do ya'll think he was just really hot to start the season and this is who he is?

IMO, I think he's just worn out right now and teams have sort of figured out his game. It's up to him to adjust now and keep improving.

Btw, the Wolves Shop now has Shved t-shirts available. :D
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by C.lupus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:15 pm

He looks worn out to me. Just watch his body language. He'll fight through it, though, but he needs some help at the two spot.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#176 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Do ya'll think he's for sure going to remain a Wolf the next few years?

Does anyone see him being traded this season in any circumstances?

I've wanted a Shved jersey or T-shirt since we signed him, but they just now became available. But with all these rumors of Minnesota making a move, I don't want to buy one, then him get shipped away.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#177 » by The J Rocka » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:27 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:Do ya'll think he's for sure going to remain a Wolf the next few years?

I've wanted a Shved jersey or T-shirt since we signed him, but they just now became available. But with all these rumors of Minnesota making a move, I don't want to buy one, then him get shipped away.

He's here for awhile IMO. Only way he would get moved is if we're putting him in a package to get a better SG (which I don't see happening).
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#178 » by urinesane » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Shved is not getting traded. He is an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE with a good contract, solid production, and a big upside. There is no way they get proper value for him in a trade.

He was not supposed to be this good this soon, and definitely wasn't supposed to be playing this many starter's minutes this soon. He is hitting the wall, because he has been asked to play way too many minutes so far.

The team is having trouble with players lacking chemistry due to having to basically piece weird lineups together and they have some players like Shved playing way more minutes vs starters than he should be expected to this early in his NBA career.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#179 » by AQuintus » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:01 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:Do ya'll think he's for sure going to remain a Wolf the next few years?

Yes.

No.

But with all these rumors of Minnesota making a move, I don't want to buy one, then him get shipped away.

SG (and wings in general) is the Wolves' biggest need by far. There's zero (ZERO!!!!) chance that we're going to trade away our only 2 and make the position even weaker.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#180 » by Basti » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:02 pm

Unless Shved is a throw-in in a deal for a superstar he won't be traded. And it's not very likely we're going to trade for a superstar anytime soon.

Although I'd love to see what kind of value a Love + Shved package has league-wide.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves