Twist Gasol - LAL/MIL/CHA

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

magic wand time
Junior
And1: 6

Twist Gasol - LAL/MIL/CHA 

Post#1 » by magic wand time » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:38 pm

To Mil: Gasol

To Cha: Udoh, Udrih

To LA: Dalembert, Gordon

Milwaukee - only 2-3 gms in the loss column from being a host in the playoffs, so a tweak could vault them. Keep Ellis to potentially make another deal (Gay?) or to dump Gooden elsewhere. Big rotation of Gasol at C with Ersan, Henson and Luc looks solid on both ends. If a b/u PG is needed, Morris could be added at low $ or FA options exist.

Charlotte - Turn Gordon into that 1st they got plus a look/hope at Udoh developing. Low risk with Udrih expiring but giving them a 4th guard for now, plus savings next year.

LA - can't move Pau without getting a C back due to Hill's injury so this gives them two things needed, a bench scorer and b/u C, but not so unbalanced that a start or starter comes to LA and realgm explodes. Gordon helps with the Kobe to SF, Artest to PF minutes issue. Neither impacts LA's '14 cap.
milesfides wrote:If I were management and I saw one of my players crying, tweeting, and listening to Drake, I would punch him in the face.

Stern's Legacy in two words: BASKETBALL REASONS {the NBA's future instantly changed}
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: Twist Gasol - LAL/MIL/CHA 

Post#2 » by old rem » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:16 pm

Might be one of a few deals where the Lakers can find a taker for Pau. They...however...will be looking at mostly a salary dump and they don't really shed much. Bucks? They won't LIKE taking on those $..especially with doubts about Pau's various recent injuries. In this...the Bucks mainly sacrifice some bench depth, and figure Pau is just 1 1/2 years if it does not go well. Charlotte does not seem to much want Gordon, LAL might find him useful.

Not a deal any are real comfy with...but one that can temp everyone. Nobody is real sure about Pau...including whether there is any other buyer out there.
CENSORED... No comment.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#3 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Any deal involving MIL taking on Salary has to include Gooden going somewhere
magic wand time
Junior

Post#4 » by magic wand time » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:29 pm

It's less than 1.5 mil and they are not that close to tax-land so it shouldn't be a concern. That's what Hammond pays his gardener.
milesfides wrote:If I were management and I saw one of my players crying, tweeting, and listening to Drake, I would punch him in the face.

Stern's Legacy in two words: BASKETBALL REASONS {the NBA's future instantly changed}
bryanoid
Pro Prospect
And1: 226

Post#5 » by bryanoid » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:32 pm

Why do we have to give up Udoh in this trade?
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,496

Post#6 » by HornetJail » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Is it sad that Udoh looks like a god right now in comparison to the rest of our bigs?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
magic wand time
Junior

Post#7 » by magic wand time » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:19 am

bryanoid wrote:Why do we have to give up Udoh in this trade?

Cats need something of value to participate, figured Udoh is more available than Henson, and makes the $ work.

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#8 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:37 am

I think it's just too much salary to take on next season. Ersan or Gooden have to go out in my opinion.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#9 » by spectre_ » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:56 am

Good value for Gordon from our POV. A very "Cho" move no doubt.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
magic wand time
Junior

Post#10 » by magic wand time » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:44 pm

spectre_ wrote:Good value for Gordon from our POV. A very "Cho" move no doubt.

Trying to move for Gordon without Cats taking on Gasol
Baddy Chuck wrote:I think it's just too much salary to take on next season. Ersan or Gooden have to go out in my opinion.

I thought Ersan was off the table in Gasol trades from the other threads

Return to Trades and Transactions