Image ImageImage Image

PG: JIMMY ICE BUCKETS TELLS RONDA TO SUCK IT!!

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Re: PG: JIMMY ICE BUCKETS TELLS RONDA TO SUCK IT!! 

Post#261 » by Rerisen » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:15 am

coldfish wrote:Hinrich is funny in particular. I watch him and there is a lot not to like about his game but there is something about the way he runs the team that works.

When our scorers are scoring, Kirk is fine. Without Rose, we pretty much have a bunch of secondary scorers who score around league average efficiency (Boozer much better than that recently). So as long as they maintain that, via Kirk letting them get their shots, and at significant enough volume, we are going to win more games than not, because treading water on offense combined with top 4 elite defense, puts you decently ahead of most average teams.

It's just you don't get this every night, maybe only 50% of the time, the other 50% we struggle to get enough quality points and high percentage looks, and then suddenly Kirk can contribute mightily to big droughts since he can offer virtually no relief. That relief comes in the form of Nate Robinson often enough (or rolling the dice that he can offer it), but the default M.O of Thibs and the team is not to assume that scorers are going to suck any given night, and that makes a lot of sense.

---

Anyway just catching up to the replay now via ESPN and I know its gonna end great and having Hubie call a Bulls win and praise our better points, is always a pleasure.
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#262 » by khufure » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:25 am

It's not like I called it or anything. Oh, wait.
Re: Official Game Thread: Bulls@Celtics Fri 1/18 6 pm ESPN

Postby khufure on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:36 am
predicting 1 point win, maybe OT again.

YESSSSS :P What a game!

Hope Deng is ok.
Jo-Anne
Veteran
And1: 430

Post#263 » by Jo-Anne » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:34 am

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:
nitric0 wrote:
BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7RRkklB--Q[/youtube]

@ 18 seconds, I can't stand Kevin Garnett. God damn what a scumbag of a human being. Dirty elbow at Marco after he hits a game winner

He hit Kirk with a nasty screen towards the end of regulation. I felt it myself :( .

You know I didn't see that during the game , I was watching the player with the ball but he really clocked Marco good :o .The League needs to look at the **** he's always doing. I don't know what kind of playe Doc Rivers was but he's seems like an upstanding guy. I have to wonder if he condones KG's shenanigans on the court. Seems to be me he goes way beyond doing whateve it takes to win.

jumpmanjay wrote:Pride drips out of my soul every time this team takes the court.

Jo-Anne
Veteran
And1: 430

Post#264 » by Jo-Anne » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:44 am

dafunky1 wrote:http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2038775/tomfist.gif

Thibs with the fist pump.

How good was that to see, he usually talks about controlling you emotions but he was PUMPED!!!! I love him

BTW does he ever sit when coaching lol

jumpmanjay wrote:Pride drips out of my soul every time this team takes the court.

SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#265 » by SpinninHouse » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:27 pm

Eliminating Boston from the playoffs is going to be soooooo fun this year
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Post#266 » by Indomitable » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:47 pm

Mr. Tibbs wrote: I wish bj43 were unbanned. Not calling out anyone or stirring the pot..just respected that he supported boozer even when he was struggling, and I wish he was around the board to enjoy boozer's finest stretch as a Bull thus far.

HE got banned because he was being divisive and not really contributing to basketball discussion. Hint if a mod tells you stop doing something stop.
:banghead:
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#267 » by Rerisen » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Thibs played Rip in the 4th! Results weren't what I would call really good, but its good to have that as an option nonetheless.

Boston tried their usual 'tough guy' act when they were down late, it failed, which is always hilarious.

A great win to pull out and satisfying team to beat, but I'm mostly concerned with Deng right now. He just simply pulled up gimp of his own volition and that's rarely a good sign. And we know that hammy was already bothering him.
MissileMike
Lead Assistant
And1: 999

Post#268 » by MissileMike » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:16 pm

JasonFTW wrote:
TheAdmiral wrote:Both Hinrich's and Belinelli's buckets in HD:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X01mNYmfVfw[/youtube]

At :54 KG bitch ass should have been called for a foul when he gave Marco a hard screen.

My favorite part is on Marco's basket, how Boozer forearmed kg out of the way under the basket.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#269 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm worried about Luol too, now. Hearing the reports and hearing his hammy was swollen badly is bad news. Pull a hammy and it's bad enough. Re-injure an already pulled an strained one and it can stay with you for months.

If Lu is out for any significant stretch....While I'm glad Jimmy should get big minutes and experience, without Deng, the team is in some trouble. The bench gets severely weakened if Jimmy or Marco starts at the 3. Probably means a lot more Rip/Marco at the 3 and Cook will get some serious burn at the 2. That acquisition could turn out to be quite meaningful. Deng out for a while could also make the decision to salary dump Rip into a no-brainer to keep him.

And the other thing is it hurts the 4/5 rotation as well cause Lu played some 4 when we go small. It probably means more Nazr. If any of Taj, Boozer, or Noah go down for any length, we are really F'd.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,440

Post#270 » by samwana » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Just finished watching the game and reading this thread...
What a game, what a great great game. Very fun to watch, very frustrating at some points, but the ending was perfect!

You gotta love Jimmy Buckets... wow he just rocked the OT! He got the worst +/- but wow did he win us the OT. He needs to work on his threepointer in the off-season.

Boozer is a bank, I would never think I would say that, but he's on a mission.

Noah and Garnett were awesome to watch, those guys are getting into eachother every chance they get. Thought Noah didn't deserve the T.

Captain clank hit the most important shot in his career and Beli miracled one in!

Most important thing: get Deng healthy before he plays again. I hope he becomes an All Star again, but if he's not, I will be very happy with him getting a few days off, to heal up.
bentheredengthat
General Manager
And1: 1,606

Post#271 » by bentheredengthat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:15 pm

red222 wrote:http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/member.php?7757-Red222 links in profile
DASMACKDOWN wrote:I need to see the OT again. Someone hook it up!

Anyone else having trouble finding the link on red22's page? usually I see it right there but not this time.
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Post#272 » by chifan1798 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Rerisen wrote:
coldfish wrote:Hinrich is funny in particular. I watch him and there is a lot not to like about his game but there is something about the way he runs the team that works.

When our scorers are scoring, Kirk is fine. Without Rose, we pretty much have a bunch of secondary scorers who score around league average efficiency (Boozer much better than that recently). So as long as they maintain that, via Kirk letting them get their shots, and at significant enough volume, we are going to win more games than not, because treading water on offense combined with top 4 elite defense, puts you decently ahead of most average teams.

It's just you don't get this every night, maybe only 50% of the time, the other 50% we struggle to get enough quality points and high percentage looks, and then suddenly Kirk can contribute mightily to big droughts since he can offer virtually no relief. That relief comes in the form of Nate Robinson often enough (or rolling the dice that he can offer it), but the default M.O of Thibs and the team is not to assume that scorers are going to suck any given night, and that makes a lot of sense.

---

Anyway just catching up to the replay now via ESPN and I know its gonna end great and having Hubie call a Bulls win and praise our better points, is always a pleasure.

Wait, they replayed it on ESPN? My guide said it was upposed to be the OKC at mavs game. If I would have known, I would have taped it, becaus I wanted to hear Hubie's version :(
JDRochholz
General Manager
And1: 1,187

Post#273 » by JDRochholz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Quote of the night:
K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
Asked Noah if KG crosses line: "When we lose, I feel like he crosses the line. But since we've been beating their asses, I'm cool with it."
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#274 » by musiqsoulchild » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:50 pm

JDRochholz wrote:Quote of the night:
K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
Asked Noah if KG crosses line: "When we lose, I feel like he crosses the line. But since we've been beating their asses, I'm cool with it."

Noah with the KO.
For love, not money.
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#275 » by khufure » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:56 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:I'm worried about Luol too, now. Hearing the reports and hearing his hammy was swollen badly is bad news. Pull a hammy and it's bad enough. Re-injure an already pulled an strained one and it can stay with you for months.

If Lu is out for any significant stretch....While I'm glad Jimmy should get big minutes and experience, without Deng, the team is in some trouble. The bench gets severely weakened if Jimmy or Marco starts at the 3. Probably means a lot more Rip/Marco at the 3 and Cook will get some serious burn at the 2. That acquisition could turn out to be quite meaningful. Deng out for a while could also make the decision to salary dump Rip into a no-brainer to keep him.

And the other thing is it hurts the 4/5 rotation as well cause Lu played some 4 when we go small. It probably means more Nazr. If any of Taj, Boozer, or Noah go down for any length, we are really F'd.

It's not that bad. Lu's been overplayed and Rose will come back soon. If Lu is out for a while but 100% for the playoffs it might even be a blessing cause he'll be rested and our bench will be more experienced.

But yeah, ideally you don't want anyone getting hurt.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#276 » by suckfish » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:07 pm

First game this season where I've spent most of the game up off the couch in a defensive stance, fist pumping, and yelling Carlos Boozer like vocabulary after every good play. I think it was Rondo talking crap to RIP that got me going.

Anyway, I think we've discovered that Thibs has flaws, but ow many coaches can get these group of guys playing so together and hard every night? Popovich perhaps. Can't think of many more.
IbankingBoiler
Pro Prospect
And1: 206

Post#277 » by IbankingBoiler » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Bulls win on last shot - Check
Rondo played out of his mind and lost - Check
Rondo fouled out - Check
Rondo getting kneed in the face while fouling out - Discount Double Check
suckfish wrote:First game this season where I've spent most of the game up off the couch in a defensive stance, fist pumping, and yelling Carlos Boozer like vocabulary after every good play. I think it was Rondo talking crap to RIP that got me going.

Anyway, I think we've discovered that Thibs has flaws, but ow many coaches can get these group of guys playing so together and hard every night? Popovich perhaps. Can't think of many more.
tankster
Junior
And1: 3

Post#278 » by tankster » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Mr. Tibbs wrote:haven't been able to post much (nothing bad..good reasons) but been watching every game and damn I love this team. So much heart and so much poise. On another note, I wish bj43 were unbanned. Not calling out anyone or stirring the pot..just respected that he supported boozer even when he was struggling, and I wish he was around the board to enjoy boozer's finest stretch as a Bull thus far.

By the way, there has been a considerable amount of tounge wagging about trading Boozer or amnestying him And since I don't see it mentioned anywhere, It's only fair to bring up what Hubie Brown said during the game last night. Gar called Boozer and reaffirmed that he was an integral part of the direction the Bulls were going and to pay no attention to the trade or amnesty rumors..............HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE PEOPLE1
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,122

Post#279 » by molepharmer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:34 pm

Sure Boozer had 19 & 20, but just wait until he plays against a good defender. He'll fail miserably.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
IbankingBoiler
Pro Prospect
And1: 206

Post#280 » by IbankingBoiler » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:38 pm

lol come on now KG is not bad and he's played well this whole 2013 so far. And I'm sorry but Boston's D this game was pretty good. stop being a party pooper
molepharmer wrote:Sure Boozer had 19 & 20, but just wait until he plays against a good defender. He'll fail miserably.

Return to Chicago Bulls