ImageImageImageImageImage

Enough is enough with Anderson

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Garmfay
Assistant Coach
And1: 506

Re: Enough is enough with Anderson 

Post#61 » by Garmfay » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:17 am

How is a guy shooting 37FG% a great shooter and "benefiting the team"??? If he gets hot, okay but more often then not he shoots 6-17 in like 20+ minutes. The guy is the new Weems where everyone is in love with some chucker who only looks to get his. He takes stupid contested shots also early in the shot clock.
Credit to Turbo_Zone
"The Lion does not concern himself with the opinion of the sheep"
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#62 » by Indeed » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 am

Shot location is the difference, but same as Bargnani, they are the one to blame when they are the one who bails out the play.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,530

Post#63 » by C_Money » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:11 am

The guy is getting paid the MINIMUM CONTRACT and he's one of our best players. There are tons of other players on the team who should be getting criticized but Alan Anderson is definetly not one of them.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,338

Post#64 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 am

Jambo wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:You don't develop young players by giving them an unlimited amount of shots unless you believe that player has the skill to develop into a primary scorer on a quality team .

Players like Davis should be developed into the role you invision them filling down the road and for Ed that's and energy big off the bench who can give you 15-20 mins .

You don't think Ed Davis has surpassed that energy role by now? This isn't last year. The guy has shown that he can score in the post, and knows how to make smart passes. His next step is to develop his game in the post. Let him do it.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
KnickerBonkerz
Analyst
And1: 1,903

Post#65 » by KnickerBonkerz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:09 pm

I don't blame Alan Anderson, hell any player would be as selfish as him if the coach let him. Dwane Casey holds Ross accountable for his questionable shots, but not Alan Anderson because he's a journeyman who's seen it all loolll
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#66 » by team edward » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:39 pm

If you don't like Anderson taking shots in crunch time, then convinvce Derozan not to crawl into a hole with his tail between his legs when the pressure is on. In the meantime, Anderson will remain the best SF on the team, our 2nd/3rd best outside shooter and costs nothing.
Viatical
Lead Assistant
And1: 348

Post#67 » by Viatical » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Dear Alan Anderson,

There is no earthly reason you should be averaging an astonishing 5.5 three point attempts per game while shooting less than 35% from three -AND- averaging fewer than 25 MPG. You average more attempts in fewer minutes while shooting a worse percentage from three than players like OJ Mayo, Jason Kidd, Jamal Crawford, Brandon Jennings, Joe Johnson, etc.

What does this mean? It means, Alan Anderson, that the moment you enter the game, you just start chucking threes. You are a chucker. You are Nick Young (23 MPG, 3.3 3-PT attempts, 38%) on steroids. All day, every day, you're chucking. Contested, uncontested, doesn't matter, you're shooting it. Even though you are no better than an average three point shooter, you are still throwing away offensive possessions with your own shot attempts like this. It hurts your team, Alan Anderson, but even as I type this I know you won't stop doing it nor will you ever be reigned in by an incompetent coaching staff that has seemingly endorsed this practice.

I preemptively congratulate you on the 40 mil / 4 years contract you will sign with Toronto this off-season. Clearly a promising young, 30 year-old prospect such as yourself will be worth the investment.

Love,

Viatical
torsport
Assistant Coach
And1: 110

Post#68 » by torsport » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:37 pm

It's a sad state of affairs but AA has been our best wing and maybe player over the past 8 weeks.

Really what else is a coach to do?

Which 2 wings on the current roster would you play in late game situations?
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#69 » by JunkYardSubs » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Letting this guy play 30 minutes a young team that is "rebuilding" doesn't make a lick of sense. There is literally no point to playing him
cer0_tolerance
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#70 » by cer0_tolerance » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Lol this guy is serious right, like really i'd take Alan anderson over DD or any other player on this team
Beardman
Veteran
And1: 181

Post#71 » by Beardman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:58 pm

People need to stop calling him "one of our best players"... please for the love of GOD just stop ! Force-fed =/= Good player.

It is very disheartening to read such rambling. Look at his stats for s*** sake, he's the worse chucker in the league right now. (Dead serious)
mango2209
Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Post#72 » by mango2209 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 pm

mdot wrote:
mango2209 wrote:I don't get the Anderson hate..... the guys is awesome and makes 1000000000x less than Fields...

damn he even makes less than Alabi (did before)

Yea but he thinks hes a super star, do you not see the problem? D-league king goes on bad nba +chucks away for like average numbers+ fans praising fools gold, thinking hes actually a good player= BC overpaying for a below average nba player

I don't agree with you at all... He plays more consistent than any wing player we have. I rather have him shooting 3s than anyone else on the roster. Besides, how much he shoots and how much he's allowed to do on the floor is the coach's call. You really think he's doing what he's being just because he thinks he's a super star?
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,292

Post#73 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:06 pm

If we had better options at creating off., sure, but right now we have no one outside of Lowry able to get off. going.

Every one of our players we have right now are limited. Amir and Ed have been great, but you can't give them the ball and tell them to get points.

DD is being treated as a number option unfairly because he just doesnt have the skills when the def. gets tight.

So basically, if a team can limit our pnr, we are left to 2 players (Lowry and Anderson) to get points.

However, Anderson is the least of our problems. We've hit a losing streak because the level of competition has gotten better and our def. has gotten a lot worse.

Any team with a big with pulse is having their way against us.
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#74 » by grumpwalter » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:14 pm

if people are saying that Alan Anderson is one of our best players, that's just sad. This whole situation reminds me of how fans were coddling Pops MB back in 2009.
Agimat
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,892

Post#75 » by Agimat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:03 pm

team edward wrote:If you don't like Anderson taking shots in crunch time, then convinvce Derozan not to crawl into a hole with his tail between his legs when the pressure is on. In the meantime, Anderson will remain the best SF on the team, our 2nd/3rd best outside shooter and costs nothing.

This, some of AA's shots should be Demar's but maan he can't even create his own shots. You'll noticed first quarter of every game he'll get his numbers then banish for the rest of the game. Btw it's not all about the stats it's how you impact the game and DD can't impact the game as much as AA did. When we needed to score AA showed up, if we want defensive stops AA brought that. He'll also do the dirty work for you. DD on the other hand every time he shoots it expect the ball bounced off the rim and he'll chucked it every chance he gets it(I'm not talking about 1 or 2 games. This are all of his games). Even if he made the bucket the timing were off it's either we are up by 10+ or we are down by 20. In crunch time, you really can't rely on him. He is the most anti-clutch player I've seen considering he is "our guy", contract he signed and the minutes he was getting.

p.s. Watch Demar Derozan he'll ask for a pick, dribble for like 5 secs looking for a easy open straight line drive(which is very rare from a good teams), then he'll pass it to someone else. Or he'll dribble off the curl shoot it. He'll "Clunk" it for you. I promise you this lol
Jambo
Pro Prospect
And1: 233

Post#76 » by Jambo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:26 pm

We really have only 3 guys who can create there own shot and one of them is injured .

AA is getting minutes and allowed to shoot because DD's brutal and Casey/BC are trying to win games so they save can there jobs .

Every team has volume scorers but for some reason the stats kids on this board fall in love with the low usage high eff guys like somehow if we can spread the ball around enough we'll have 10 guys who will be score at a high eff rate on low volume . This theory doesn't work in practice and that's why our offense stalls in the 2nd half .

DD ususally gets his points early in games when defenses are playing loose , as the games goes along and defenses get tighter he disappears . His D is brutal and i'd much rather sit him in the 4th and go with AA/Ross who play solid D and can spread the floor .

The only argument that can be made is that his mins should go to Ross because DD's still gets his touches even if he's not taking the shot .
KRANG
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,319

Post#77 » by KRANG » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Casey's given him the green light. Blame him and BC
Courtesy of Turbo_Zone
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#78 » by Waylon Mercy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 am

Only the incompetent Raps develop a 30 year old D-Leaguer on a contract year over the
rookie they drafted smh they better sell high on him by the deadline before Colangelo
gives him a ludicrous contract.
YoungG
Head Coach
And1: 4,505

Post#79 » by YoungG » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:12 am

People are really mad that he took shots in overtime....few of those shots he was open. I admit he pressed the issue a bit, but the biggest thing is if he makes more of those open shots in overtime. This thread then becomes...We want more Anderson.
TylerTheDebater
Veteran
And1: 60

Post#80 » by TylerTheDebater » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:15 am

He's good most of the time but those shots in the last half of OT were TERRIBLE. He was ignoring Jose and Lowry for resets, he took 3s with hands in his face, just didn't give a crap. He needed to be reigned in.

Return to Toronto Raptors