ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Does it make you feel better that the NBA acknowledged the mistake?

Yes.
18%
No.
82%

Total votes: 95

visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,376

Re: NBA admits refs screwed up in Raps-Bulls game 

Post#121 » by visionquest » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:33 am

We should get 1 more ping-pong ball per blown call admitted by NBA.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,338

Post#122 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:39 am

visionquest wrote:We should get 1 more ping-pong ball per blown call admitted by NBA.

OKC did get another ping pong ball.

Either way, the Raptors shouldn't care. It's not like they're going anywhere anyways. The Bulls need the win much more, so they can be in a better position when Rose returns.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#123 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:57 am

Scase wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:
StatLine wrote:This foreshadows 1st overall pick all over it

If only that were true.

I would be perfectly fine drafting Shabazz....or Noel this year.

It would be much better than I expected from a team who's talent usually has them and should keep them locked in the 7th -12th position in the draft.

Meh I'd still rather get it in 2014 and get a REAL franchise player.

Of course....we'd all prefer that.

But in reality again we would most likely end up drafting 7-12th.

The previous poster said us getting #1 overall.

So if ended up with the #1 pick this year that would just be gravy because I certainly don't expect our GM to be able to spot hidden talent at 7th pick AT BEST by next year I'm thinking we would more likely be 9th and above in the draft. Personally I prefer the odds of one of Shabazz or Noel becoming a more impactful player than Colangelo trying to get lucky and fish out comparable talent at 9th or so in next year's draft.

Trust me I'm not a fan of winning this draft because this does feel very much like 06' all over again good talent but great talent in the very next one. Just I would pray that should this happen that we draft an "Aldridge, Rondo or Roy" type of talent like I believe is in this draft and not another Bargnani.
Laowai
Analyst
And1: 26

Post#124 » by Laowai » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 am

Yes the refs blew the game and overall the calls in general have gone against the RAPTORS but our coach has lost more games than the refs.
Canadian in China
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,384

Post#125 » by YogiStewart » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:00 pm

visionquest wrote:We should get 1 more ping-pong ball per blown call admitted by NBA.

and it should take a year to craft these ping pong balls
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#126 » by J-Roc » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:02 pm

What made last night worse is Nick Young fist pumping because he made his first defensive play of his career.
cer0_tolerance
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#127 » by cer0_tolerance » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:50 pm

im telling you all idk what the nba is hiring these days............................ as much as i love my raptors they will never contend in the playoffs with that kind of defence. Every close games and overtime games shouldn't b happening at all you gatta finish the game strong or go home.
SCF99
Senior
And1: 19

Post#128 » by SCF99 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:46 pm

No we should get two ping pong balls because of the missed push on Anderson at the end of regulation.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,572

Post#129 » by HangTime » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Also can't belive the refs didn't call out-of-bounds on Deng when his hand touched the endline, and he was first 1 to touch the ball.
Scase
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#130 » by Scase » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:26 pm

TheGoodDoctor wrote:
Scase wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:
If only that were true.

I would be perfectly fine drafting Shabazz....or Noel this year.

It would be much better than I expected from a team who's talent usually has them and should keep them locked in the 7th -12th position in the draft.

Meh I'd still rather get it in 2014 and get a REAL franchise player.

Of course....we'd all prefer that.

But in reality again we would most likely end up drafting 7-12th.

The previous poster said us getting #1 overall.

So if ended up with the #1 pick this year that would just be gravy because I certainly don't expect our GM to be able to spot hidden talent at 7th pick AT BEST by next year I'm thinking we would more likely be 9th and above in the draft. Personally I prefer the odds of one of Shabazz or Noel becoming a more impactful player than Colangelo trying to get lucky and fish out comparable talent at 9th or so in next year's draft.

Trust me I'm not a fan of winning this draft because this does feel very much like 06' all over again good talent but great talent in the very next one. Just I would pray that should this happen that we draft an "Aldridge, Rondo or Roy" type of talent like I believe is in this draft and not another Bargnani.

I really don't have confidence in him to really make a good choice with the first pick either, I'd rather give our pick away to OKC this year and see BC sent packing then get us a real GM who is willing to tank for 2014.

Which seems more and more likely as the season presses on and this team continues to crash and burn. With the way things have been going it seems pretty unlikely that BC will be extended so hitting the 7-10th range next year I feel is pretty unlikely as well.
Props TZ!
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#131 » by Indeed » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:33 pm

team edward wrote:$100 says we miss the playoffs by one games.

Fixed.
And the 8th seed is the Bulls.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,476

Post#132 » by Bankai » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:01 pm

HangTime wrote:Also can't belive the refs didn't call out-of-bounds on Deng when his hand touched the endline, and he was first 1 to touch the ball.

I think I know which one were you talking about, is that the one where Nate Robinson dove for the ball and had it but his whole hand was planted on the out of bounds line, and they didnt call anything? :-?
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,494

Post#133 » by dice » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm

HangTime wrote:Also can't belive the refs didn't call out-of-bounds on Deng when his hand touched the endline, and he was first 1 to touch the ball.

did he touch the ball WHILE his hand was on the endline? if not, the rule you're referring to is an NFL rule, not NBA
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,872

Post#134 » by bape_lovers » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Get the hell out of here.....

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,059

Post#135 » by xAIRNESSx » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:05 am

darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#136 » by darth_federer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:32 am

I just hope that this wont be used as an excuse by Colangelo when he tries to justify the record at the end of the year.

Poor call and I cant imagine that the league office is happy about this.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#137 » by zilby » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 am

darth_federer wrote:I just hope that this wont be used as an excuse by Colangelo when he tries to justify the record at the end of the year.

Haha! The refs botched another call for the Raptors. That makes three this season. Now that the plan to neutralize their playoff plan is in motion, my dream of the Heat-Lakers in the finals is one step closer to reality! The ratings, the money.... Oh, the possibilities!

Hawaiian pizza is good.
suntzuballin
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#138 » by suntzuballin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:24 am

zilby wrote:
darth_federer wrote:I just hope that this wont be used as an excuse by Colangelo when he tries to justify the record at the end of the year.

Haha! The refs botched another call for the Raptors. That makes three this season. Now that the plan to neutralize their playoff plan is in motion, my dream of the Heat-Lakers in the finals is one step closer to reality! The ratings, the money.... Oh, the possibilities!

rigging the game and drafts lol
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,864

Post#139 » by deeps6x » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:13 am

If Marion only got fined $25,000 for saying it is hard to win when playing 5 on 8, then I think it is about time someone on the Raptors steps up and says the same damn thing.

Jose? Step up and be a leader. Doesn't look like it will cost you too much.

This anti-Raptor ref bias has to be stopped. Maybe some publicity will help.

Did the NBA front office issue a record third apology to the Raptors for the horrible refereeing last game yet?

I'm telling you, we need a challenge flag with unlimited uses until you lose a challenge. It works in the NFL. Refs don't want to be embarrassed on TV. We need something similar in the NBA. If that makes games too long for the TV slot, make the slot wider, or just cut the useless banter at the start of the broadcasts.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 31,892

Post#140 » by G R E Y » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:59 am

The best is that BC is on the competition committee. Use that influence, BC! :lol:
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:

Return to Toronto Raptors