ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II 

Post#541 » by Alfred » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:29 pm

sosa300 wrote:The bobcats are supposedly 'active' in trade talks. Anyone think they'd go for a Kemba <---> DeRozan type deal?

Nope.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,448

Post#542 » by dagger » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Generally speaking, teams stick a long time with their young building blocks even if common sense says they should be traded. Partly, it's due to marketing. Fans get attached to young players as the Great Hope (See Davis, Ed, for some people here, or Jonas V for people like me). So it highly unlikely that the cats would trade Walker or MKG even if it made sense. We're no different in that regard.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#543 » by StopitLeo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 am

dagger wrote:Generally speaking, teams stick a long time with their young building blocks even if common sense says they should be traded. Partly, it's due to marketing. Fans get attached to young players as the Great Hope (See Davis, Ed, for some people here, or Jonas V for people like me). So it highly unlikely that the cats would trade Walker or MKG even if it made sense. We're no different in that regard.

It's sad because you are right. This kind of management is the key to becoming a treadmill team. Holding on to guys who aren't good enough to make you a contender, but just good enough to keep you at the bottom of the lottery.

Neither Kemba Walker or MKG are superstars in the making but they are the only players CHA has that have trade value. I can't see either being moved, and certainly not for Bargnani.
why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#544 » by why22 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:09 am

Here are some good future building moves we can make now

To Indiana:
Jose Calderon
Alan Anderson

To Toronto
Dj Augustine
Gerald Green
2014 unprotected 1st

the pacers get a perfect guy to run the point for their playoff run (could be ECF and who knows from there). they get a good bench glue guy in Anderson

this pick will be a low pick in a deep draft next season.

Trade 2:

To Brooklyn:
Andrea Bargnani

To Toronto:
Kris Humphries
2014 1st

the nets get a guy who can help them much more then kris can. we get an extra pick to stash.

tank for wiggins
championship time.
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#545 » by ballislife » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:56 am

What about Thad Young for Bargnani if the Sixers want a different look at the 4? They could use a 7 footer like Bargnani especially if Bynum comes back somewhat healthy.

For us, Thaddeus Young (in my opinion) has a chance to be a very good SF. He stopped shooting the 3 in that system which has held him back... but he shot at near 35% in his first couple seasons - there's some potential there. He's only like 24 and he's also a very good defender. Bargnani is not needed on this team, it's clear we're better off without him.
Cipoteman
Junior
And1: 226

Post#546 » by Cipoteman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:13 am

ballislife wrote:What about Thad Young for Bargnani if the Sixers want a different look at the 4? They could use a 7 footer like Bargnani especially if Bynum comes back somewhat healthy.

For us, Thaddeus Young (in my opinion) has a chance to be a very good SF. He stopped shooting the 3 in that system which has held him back... but he shot at near 35% in his first couple seasons - there's some potential there. He's only like 24 and he's also a very good defender. Bargnani is not needed on this team, it's clear we're better off without him.

I'd love that to happen, but netting Young would cost us much more that Bargs. The Sixers need people inside, not a 7 footer unable to defend or to grab a rebound, so probably they'd be more interested in Amir/Ed + other player with value (not Andrea). Right now Bargnani is tradeable only in exchange for scrubs and/or bad contracts (Ilyasova, Green), unless somebody is desperate to add a scorer and can hide his defensive concerns.

I'd give them Ed and Demar in exchange for Young and Kwame Brown + a lottery protected pick. I said here that with Ed Davis playing the way he's doing it recently (15.8 points + 8.6 rebounds per game in the last five games), it is time to sell high.
ballislife
Lead Assistant

Post#547 » by ballislife » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:25 am

Cipoteman wrote:
ballislife wrote:What about Thad Young for Bargnani if the Sixers want a different look at the 4? They could use a 7 footer like Bargnani especially if Bynum comes back somewhat healthy.

I'd love that to happen, but netting Young would cost us much more that Bargs. The Sixers need people inside, not a 7 footer unable to defend or to grab a rebound, so probably they'd be more interested in Amir/Ed + other player with value (not Andrea). Right now Bargnani is tradeable only in exchange for scrubs and/or bad contracts (Ilyasova, Green), unless somebody is desperate to add a scorer and can hide his defensive concerns.

I'd give them Ed and Demar in exchange for Young and Kwame Brown + a lottery protected pick. I said here that with Ed Davis playing the way he's doing it recently (15.8 points + 8.6 rebounds per game in the last five games), it is time to sell high.

I wouldn't deal Ed for Young.. I think Ed has more potential than that... we'll find an opportunity to sell higher than his value right now. When he does this on a consistent basis playing starter PF minutes, his value is higher than Young.

I wouldn't mind taking Green in exchange for Bargnani. I'd like to see what Green can do as a full time starter at SF. He's never had that playing beside Durant and Pierce throughout his career. To me, he's more valuable than Bargnani... at least equal value.
ballislife
Lead Assistant

Post#548 » by ballislife » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:04 am

Gasol is now permenently coming off the bench... looks like the Lakers will look to deal him. They need a guy with Bargnani's skill set there.

Gasol

for

Bargnani
Calderon

We should jump on this asap... Gasol would be huge for us as a player and a mentor for our young bigs.
Consequence
Lead Assistant
And1: 252

Post#549 » by Consequence » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:15 am

If we're taking Gasol, might as well make it Jose/Bargs/Kleiza for Gasol/Ebanks. That Gasol contract is gross, I'd need to move out Kleiza's salary if he's coming in.
ballislife
Lead Assistant

Post#550 » by ballislife » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:21 am

Consequence wrote:If we're taking Gasol, might as well make it Jose/Bargs/Kleiza for Gasol/Ebanks. That Gasol contract is gross, I'd need to move out Kleiza's salary if he's coming in.

Yea we could probably work to get rid of some salary and try to get a backup PG out of it, but Gasol with us would be invaluable to the development of our young bigs. He'd have a lot to teach them. Valanciunas wouldnt need a big man coach if he's playing beside Gasol.

For the short term, I think Gasol makes us a legit playoff contender. We actually have a guy we can throw the ball to in the post and make good decisions because he's an excellent passer. We could build our offence around him really.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#551 » by sweetcity » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:53 am

Raps Trade - Jose Calderon + Fields + Kleiza + Bargnani
Raps Receive - Diop + Gordon + Mullens + Ebanks + Detroit 2014 1st

Lakers Trade - Gasol
Lakers Receive - Jose + Bargs + Kleiza

Bobcats Trade - Gordon + Diop + Mullens + Pistons 1st
Bobcats Receive - Gasol + Fields + Gray

Raps

Lowry + Lucas
Gordan + Ross
DeRozan + Anderson
Davis + Mullens
Amir + JV + Diop
why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#552 » by why22 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:16 am

sweetcity wrote:Raps Trade - Jose Calderon + Fields + Kleiza + Bargnani

Lakers Trade - Gasol

Raps

Lowry + Lucas
Gordan + Ross
DeRozan + Anderson
Davis + Mullens
Amir + JV + Diop

Bobcats laugh. No need for a washed up Pau and they take dat boy landry....
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
dagger
RealGM

Post#553 » by dagger » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:22 am

ballislife wrote:Gasol is now permenently coming off the bench... looks like the Lakers will look to deal him. They need a guy with Bargnani's skill set there.

Gasol

for

Bargnani
Calderon

We should jump on this asap... Gasol would be huge for us as a player and a mentor for our young bigs.

What are you smoking?

First off, Wojnaroski says the Lakers won't take back long term salary for Pau. So it ain't happening. But Pau crapped the bed to get out of Memphis - why do you think MEM got rid of his so cheap? Now he's five years older, with bad knees, going from a major period of success and fame in southern California to a perennial loser in Canada and you think he's going to be a happy camper, the Great Mentor?

The guy will pull a Peja Stojakovic and rest his knees for two years with the odd game or two here and there just to keep people from thinking he is really commiting a massive fraud.

Mentor for our young bigs? the guy hates contact more than Bargnani.

The whole idea sucks.
dagger
RealGM

Post#554 » by dagger » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:24 am

sweetcity wrote:Raps Trade - Jose Calderon + Fields + Kleiza + Bargnani

Lakers Trade - Gasol

Raps

Lowry + Lucas
Gordan + Ross
DeRozan + Anderson
Davis + Mullens
Amir + JV + Diop

So basically everybody moves what you consider to be hot garbage around, yet somehow we get gifted with a potentially significant first round pick.

Another guy here with his head up his arse.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#555 » by sweetcity » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:37 am

its all just hypothetical and for fun bro... I realize you have 25,000 posts, so this forum is your life basically. I'd suggest chilling out a little though, you aren't taking over for BC or any GM in this lifetime
ballislife
Lead Assistant

Post#556 » by ballislife » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:24 am

sweetcity wrote:its all just hypothetical and for fun bro... I realize you have 25,000 posts, so this forum is your life basically. I'd suggest chilling out a little though, you aren't taking over for BC or any GM in this lifetime
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#557 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 am

I don't think Gasol is "done" yet and he only has next year left so becomes a chip next deadline. If we could convince LA to take Calif guy Fields in a deal plus Bargs I'd do it. If we are bad next year Gasol expiring likely nets us another pick.
Bargs/Fields/Kleiza
for
Gasol/Meeks/Sacre

Re-sign Jose

Done.
Felixano
Banned User
And1: 76

Post#558 » by Felixano » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:49 pm

ballislife wrote:
sweetcity wrote:its all just hypothetical and for fun bro... I realize you have 25,000 posts, so this forum is your life basically. I'd suggest chilling out a little though, you aren't taking over for BC or any GM in this lifetime

:lol: So true. Always funny to see people freak out, because they think they're the GM of the team. You're just a fan, get used to it bro.
Bowser61
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#559 » by Bowser61 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:18 pm

I love the look of this lineup as I'm a big T.Young fan..

Let me know what you guys think.. Just need a better back up PG.

Calderon, Gray, Davis, 2nd to Philly for
Young, Hawes.

Bargnani to Boston for
Green.

Amnesty Klieza

Pg- Lowry, Lucas

Sg- Derozan, Ross

Sf- Green, Fields

Pf- Young, Johnson

C- Hawes, Valaciunas
Cipoteman
Junior
And1: 226

Post#560 » by Cipoteman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Bowser61 wrote:I
Calderon, Gray, Davis, 2nd to Philly for
Young, Hawes.

Pg- Lowry, Lucas
Sg- Derozan, Ross
Sf- Green, Fields
Pf- Young, Johnson
C- Hawes, Valaciunas

They'd be nice moves for us, but I doubt Philly would agree.

Anyway, Young ain't a PF and Green neither. It'd be like bringing Jeff back to his OKC days (playing alongside other SF but with a worse Jeff Green and with Young instead of KD. Other issue would be the 3pt-scoring, Young doesn't shoot them, DeRozan shoots from the 3 but doesn't net them, and Green and Lowry have a 33% in their careers.

Return to Toronto Raptors