Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,925

Re: Andrew Wiggins - the next big thing 

Post#161 » by Optms » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:06 am

IMAN5 wrote:He is going to be the real deal. He won't end up in Toronto though, Stern wont rig things in favor of Canada. Just for NY (ewing) cleveland (LBK) and CHI (rose)

If he was willing to "rig it" for Cleveland, than he would be willing to rig for anyone else, this would include Toronto.

Sadly, new team status overrides home town team. So the Seattle rig is already in place for next season. This seasons already gone to Orlando. :roll: :lol:
sprint2thecup
Pro Prospect
And1: 53

Post#162 » by sprint2thecup » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:25 am

he really has to work on his jumpshot if he wants to make something of himself in the nba. i was watching him in a high school game on ESPN last week. he took a lot of big threes, missed them all. he has a good inside drive and is very athletic. but i could still him turning out to just be a nobody. high school games are not a good indicator of how a player will translate into the nba.
real gm logic;
"kobe scored 48 points tonight"
"^small sample size"
JAY DASH
Pro Prospect
And1: 455

Post#163 » by JAY DASH » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:13 pm

It's insulting to teenage LeBron to even say this guys name in the same sentence. He's a good prospect but LeBron was a different breed of CANT MISS #1 pick.
Rondo2Hondo
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#164 » by Rondo2Hondo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:11 pm

JAY DASH wrote:It's insulting to teenage LeBron to even say this guys name in the same sentence. He's a good prospect but LeBron was a different breed of CANT MISS #1 pick.

I'm a big fan of Wiggins, but this is 100% correct. We knew about LeBron when he was 15.

The last 3 guys that have had huge hype, Oden, Rubio and LeBron. I knew about all of them before they were 16 - that counts for hype in my eyes.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Post#165 » by sisibilio » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:24 pm

TheGoodDoctor wrote:Even as a Canadian I don't like that he is consistently mentioned as a "Lebron" type of prospect.

Because really NO ONE is....not even in the past (yes even Jordan) as a prospect. Lebron was the most complete prospect the league has ever seen from overall skill to physical gifts. There simply isn't another prospect that has rivaled James as a prospect.
To me Wiggins' potential is what McGrady could have been

Sabonis, Arvydas. Although that feels like ancient history.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
Tolverines
Bench Warmer
And1: 32

Post#166 » by Tolverines » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:13 pm

He's going to be a very unique player. He may pave the way for the next generation.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#167 » by inquisitive » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:25 am

For those of you who don't know, his father was a very good defender back in the 80s...unfortunately, drugs ruined his NBA career along with teammate Lewis Lloyd , but he resumed a successful career in Greece.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnl9tWmHyTw[/youtube]
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI

Return to The General Board