Howard to NJ/Lopez,Ilyasova to Lakers

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Howard to NJ/Lopez,Ilyasova to Lakers 

Post#1 » by RandyBreuer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 am

Nets in Howard/Gooden/Daniels/Jamison
Nets out Lopez/Hump/Brooks/Taylor

Lakers in Lopez/Ilyasova
Lakers out Howard/Jamison

Bucks in Brooks/Taylor/Humphries
Bucks out Ilyasova/Gooden/Daniels
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,476

Re: Howard to NJ/Lopez,Ilyasova to Lakers 

Post#2 » by Karmaloop » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:08 am

So...Lakers get even more soft? No from the Lakers. We're not assisting Dwight to Brooklyn.
frozt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,282

Post#3 » by frozt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:23 am

Karmaloop wrote:So...Lakers get even more soft? No from the Lakers. We're not assisting Dwight to Brooklyn.

Like what are you talking about? "We're not assisting Dwight to Brooklyn". As if you know what Lakers management is willing to do, Brooklyn is an Eastern Conference team and it makes much more sense to ship him out east. But yeah I agree the trade isn't what the Lakers need, they need some sort of superstar in return, with an athletic 3 hopefully.
Resident band wagon vigilante.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#4 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:57 am

What do the Bucks give that's worth Brooks? Let alone Taylor. We should be GETTING assets from Milwaukee for turning Ersan and Drew into Kris' expiring deal.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#5 » by JayMKE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:00 am

No. Bucks do not want Humphries. Let the Nets keep him. MarSWAG isn't that enticing.
FREE GIANNIS
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by RandyBreuer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:04 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:What do the Bucks give that's worth Brooks? Let alone Taylor. We should be GETTING assets from Milwaukee for turning Ersan and Drew into Kris' expiring deal.

Well, you are getting Dwight Howard.....Humphries has one year left next year at 12 mil.
Drugbust wrote

In Horst we trust.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#7 » by PetroNet » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:32 pm

I know the lakers are use to getting superstars for next to nothing in rape trades.... but if they deal howard, its very unlikely they do much better then lopez+ small addiitonal piece.

im not sure who is lining up to give a top 10 player to the lakers for howard, especially if you rule out teams he wouldnt resign with.
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#8 » by Doormatt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 pm

PetroNet wrote:I know the lakers are use to getting superstars for next to nothing in rape trades.... but if they deal howard, its very unlikely they do much better then lopez+ small addiitonal piece.

im not sure who is lining up to give a top 10 player to the lakers for howard, especially if you rule out teams he wouldnt resign with.

thats fine, the lakers dont have to trade him, and if they do, its not going to be for **** value like "lopez+small additional piece." we're perfectly fine keeping him and letting him resign or leave at the end of the year.

if a team like the nets want him they are probably going to have to overpay for him, because thats the only way its happening.
#doorgek
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#9 » by parson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 pm

With a username like "RandyBreuer" I would assume you're a Bucks fan but I'm guessing most Bucks fans value Ilyasova a bit more.

Or are you thinking his recent great games are a flash in the pan and you're striking while the iron's hot? Should the deal be made PDQ? It should, before any more cliches shoot out of my mouth of the caliber of the 1st ones.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by RandyBreuer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 pm

Yes. Deal Ilyasova quick, fast, and in a hurry only if we can dump Gooden and bolster the backcourt. I like Henson a lot and would rather go Henson/Udoh and one more year of Humphries at the 4. I know it hurts the playoff run this year. But let's face it, the Bucks aren't getting by the Heat or a Bulls team with Rose at even 80% this year.
Drugbust wrote

In Horst we trust.
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#11 » by PetroNet » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:25 am

Doormatt wrote:
PetroNet wrote:I know the lakers are use to getting superstars for next to nothing in rape trades.... but if they deal howard, its very unlikely they do much better then lopez+ small addiitonal piece.

thats fine, the lakers dont have to trade him, and if they do, its not going to be for **** value like "lopez+small additional piece." we're perfectly fine keeping him and letting him resign or leave at the end of the year.

if a team like the nets want him they are probably going to have to overpay for him, because thats the only way its happening.

yea, we heard this all last year from the magic fans... you know, right before they traded him for aaron afflallo and a pupu platter of suck.

the lakers might not trade him. in fact, if they think he will resign, they certainly wont trade him. but if he wont resign, they wont let him walk for nothing. thats just idiocy. and the lakers arent idiots. if they do trade him, they arent getting anyone in the chris paul, carmello, kevin durant type area. they likely get somone like lopez, picks, and a young player.

i hope the nets dont trade for howard, we dont want him here. NY would eat him alive.
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#12 » by Doormatt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 am

PetroNet wrote:
Doormatt wrote:

yea, we heard this all last year from the magic fans... you know, right before they traded him for aaron afflallo and a pupu platter of suck.

the lakers might not trade him. in fact, if they think he will resign, they certainly wont trade him. but if he wont resign, they wont let him walk for nothing. thats just idiocy. and the lakers arent idiots. if they do trade him, they arent getting anyone in the chris paul, carmello, kevin durant type area. they likely get somone like lopez, picks, and a young player.

i hope the nets dont trade for howard, we dont want him here. NY would eat him alive.

its not really the same at all, the nets could actually sign howard in the off season before they killed their cap space.

plus the lakers are a bit more confident they can resign howard than the magic were, it was obvious he was leaving orlando. i still think its highly likely howard stays in la.
#doorgek

Return to Trades and Transactions