LAL / OKC / MINNY / NETS

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

LAL / OKC / MINNY / NETS 

Post#1 » by Kupchak9 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:00 am

LAL out: Howard Duhon
LAL in: Love Marshon Humphries

Hometown kid Love

OKC out: TOR 1st Perkins Lamb Collison
OKC in: Lopez

They get a top 5 Center and low post presence

Minny out: Love
Minny in: Lamb Collison TOR 1st BRK 2014 1st

They can pay Pek and get an awesome pick.

Nets out: Lopez Humph Marshon 2014 1st
Nets in: Howard Perkins Duhon

They get what they've been asking for
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Re: LAL / OKC / MINNY / NETS 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:20 pm

So Love's value is now a non-elite prospect and a mid-lotto pick? I agree his value has been cut with his injuries and his mouth hasnt done him any favors either but if this is all it cost, teams would be lining up to beat that offer and Minny has no interest in helping LA.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#3 » by jscott » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:28 pm

I can't believe what you are sending back to MN for Kevin Love.

Please stop posting trades involving the Timberwolves. You have no idea what the value of these players have.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#4 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Was MIN supposed to get Perkins in this deal as well? He doesn't show up in MIN's incoming section, or anyone else's. Anyway, it's still not good for the Wolves. I can at least see the possibility of sending Lopez (++) to MIN, an them sending Love to the Lakers. But downgrading that Perkins hurts value-wise, and he is redundant to Pekovic.

Nets would accept, but I think this deal falls apart.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#5 » by Mattya » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 pm

:nonono:

1. Kevin Love's hometown is Lake Oswego, Oregon, not LA.

2. The Love trades have gotten worse each day.
eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Post#6 » by eliasrapp98 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Terrible for MIN. Also where is Perkins going?
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#7 » by [RCG] » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:00 pm

That is horrible return for Minnesota. Maybe if Lamb had actually played and played very well this year and Toronto and Brooklyn were in the running for a top-5 pick this year but none of that has played out so its an easy pass from the Wolves. Swap Collison for Ibaka and it becomes a lot closer.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#8 » by jscott » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:20 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:Was MIN supposed to get Perkins in this deal as well? He doesn't show up in MIN's incoming section, or anyone else's. Anyway, it's still not good for the Wolves. I can at least see the possibility of sending Lopez (++) to MIN, an them sending Love to the Lakers. But downgrading that Perkins hurts value-wise, and he is redundant to Pekovic.

Nets would accept, but I think this deal falls apart.

So Perkins is redundant with Pek but Lopez isn't? :roll:
Kupchak9
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,492

Post#9 » by Kupchak9 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:So Love's value is now a non-elite prospect and a mid-lotto pick? I agree his value has been cut with his injuries and his mouth hasnt done him any favors either but if this is all it cost, teams would be lining up to beat that offer and Minny has no interest in helping LA.

A #6 pick is mid lotto?
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,346

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Kupchak9 wrote:A #6 pick is mid lotto?

well its not high and its not low....
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
schaffy
Sixth Man
And1: 141

Post#11 » by schaffy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:44 pm

Kupchak9 wrote:
A #6 pick is mid lotto?

First off, the TOR pick is #7. And with 14 picks in the lottery, yes #7 is a mid lotto pick.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#12 » by [RCG] » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:15 pm

There are 14 lottery picks. Divide that by 3 to get early-mid-late. That is just less than 5 per so:

1-5 = early lottery picks
6-10 = mid lottery picks
11-14 = late lottery picks

Not that hard.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#13 » by Doormatt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 pm

isnt that essentially what harden got traded for (just replace martin with collison)), how is it horrible? and harden is far better than kevin love.
#doorgek
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#14 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:38 am

I don't think Minny is going to get a lot for Love. Other than being a stat stuffer, he hasn't done anything for his team in 4 years. And now he's going to get an injury prone stigma attached to him like Brook Lopez has.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#15 » by [RCG] » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:44 am

macgyver893 wrote:I don't think Minny is going to get a lot for Love. Other than being a stat stuffer, he hasn't done anything for his team in 4 years. And now he's going to get an injury prone stigma attached to him like Brook Lopez has.

Oh wait. How did Durant get so good? He stuffed the stat sheet and lost which resulted in Russell Westbrook. Surely he carried his team to the playoffs then. No? Oh he stuffed the stat sheet again and lost some more which resulted in James Harden. Now what do you know, he was surrounded by other talented players and won! Amazing how that works!

Sam Presti also added Serge Ibaka 24th as a late-first draft pick.
Kahn on the other hand gave Love Flynn, Rubio, Johnson and Williams.

Not to mention the respective health of both rosters.
Your post is completely lacking in context and accuracy.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,991

Post#16 » by shrink » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm

macgyver893 wrote:I don't think Minny is going to get a lot for Love. Other than being a stat stuffer, he hasn't done anything for his team in 4 years.

Is that because today's NBA is quickly moving away from statistics in player evaluation?

Or because today's NBA has so many superstars available of equal production that aren't locked away on a handful of the top free agent destinations?

I don't think MIN will consider trading Love until next year's trade deadline, but if they do, there are going to be a long line of teams that could use all his extra possessions and the way he spreads the floor.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Figjamjr
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#17 » by Figjamjr » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Interesting Trade idea. I think if you swap out Collison for Ibaka then your closer. However, MN isn't that interested in 1st round picks. Despite all the injuries, they are still in Win Now mode. If you could send MN, Lamb, Ibaka, Jones III, and a #7 pick, then I think MN considers it. That would give MN a SG they need, a replacement PF for Love, Jones who may develop into Odem and a pick in case either Lamb or Jones dont develop.
eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Post#18 » by eliasrapp98 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Kupchak9 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:So Love's value is now a non-elite prospect and a mid-lotto pick? I agree his value has been cut with his injuries and his mouth hasnt done him any favors either but if this is all it cost, teams would be lining up to beat that offer and Minny has no interest in helping LA.

A #6 pick is mid lotto?

It's at best #6 most likely #8 in a super weak draft. Just give up. It's an awful trade for MIN.
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,007

Post#19 » by moss_is_1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Doormatt wrote:isnt that essentially what harden got traded for (just replace martin with collison)), how is it horrible? and harden is far better than kevin love.

Well, that's debatable....Martin is also a much bigger piece then Collison... :lol:
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#20 » by Doormatt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:25 pm

moss_is_1 wrote:
Doormatt wrote:isnt that essentially what harden got traded for (just replace martin with collison)), how is it horrible? and harden is far better than kevin love.

Well, that's debatable....Martin is also a much bigger piece then Collison... :lol:

well martin is good, but collison is extremely underrated. i dont think the gap between them is that big especially when you factor how cost efficient collison's contract is.
#doorgek

Return to Trades and Transactions