ImageImageImageImageImage

Earl Clark?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Re: Earl Clark? 

Post#101 » by GAME TIME » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:58 pm

Earlsanity played a good game. This time he got some help defense, but played Durant well putting a hand in Durant face..

Durant scored a lot of points from the free throw line, some of them were bogus calls.

Earlsanity made some mistakes at times taking the wrong position on defense, but he is a great asset to the Lakers, especially with these new breed of big SF's playing the PF position
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#102 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:41 am

I don't think he can become an LO type guy, his passing or handle isn't that good. What he can be is a more athletic defender, I see him more as our Trevor 2.0. Especially since Devin didn't pan out.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#103 » by EArl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:52 am

How long is his contract?
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
GAME TIME
Banned User

Post#104 » by GAME TIME » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:53 am

eablinksum wrote:How long is his contract?

This year, he will be a free agent after the season
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,221

Post#105 » by EArl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 am

GAME TIME wrote:
eablinksum wrote:How long is his contract?

This year, he will be a free agent after the season

Does he stay or does he go?
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#106 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:24 am

Guys tend to stay where they feel they got their shot.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#107 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:32 am

He will be offered more than we think is reasonable and will go somewhere else.
Book it.

I'd love for him to stay but I just am not sure we want to invest in a player like him for the long run in this financial market.

In fact, as much as I don't want to see him go, it might make sense to try to trade him as an expiring.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
And1: 1,565

Post#108 » by MelosSoreWrist » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Kilroy wrote:He will be offered more than we think is reasonable and will go somewhere else.
Book it.

I'd love for him to stay but I just am not sure we want to invest in a player like him for the long run in this financial market.

In fact, as much as I don't want to see him go, it might make sense to try to trade him as an expiring.

Who or what do you think we could get for Clark? 2nd rounder? end of the rotation guy?
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#109 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:58 pm

Well, he's on a 1.2M expiring contract, but I think he's more of a filler than an individual straight up trade guy... But I firmly believe someone will drop 7-8mil/yr for as many years as he can get, on him in the open market, and we won't match.

You package Clark and Ebanks with Duhon and you give a team 2.5M that comes off the books this season and 3.5 next. You also give them a young solid starting caliber Forward, a young backup Forward, and Duhon, who's a decent locker room guy and an expiring next season.
Or maybe they go in a Pau trade.
But I think with every game played he get's more attractive.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#110 » by LApwnd » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Kilroy wrote:He will be offered more than we think is reasonable and will go somewhere else.
Book it.

we thought that with Jordan Hill and he stayed for less, Minn offered him more than we did.
stunnar0b
Starter
And1: 121

Post#111 » by stunnar0b » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:14 am

Not taking anything away from Clarks energy and hustle but I kind've feel like he's been standing out only because the Lakers been garbage, now that everybody is playing with energy and all that Clark will come back down to earth. To me he's a poor man's Jeff green
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#112 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:18 am

im not sure he'd get all that much

i mean, sure back in the day (old CBA), turiaf got 3-4 mil per.

and clark isnt that different a player. but even josh powell and dj mbenga only got minimum contracts afterward.

if he's earning jodie meeks money, then sign me up
GAME TIME
Banned User

Post#113 » by GAME TIME » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:58 am

Kilroy wrote:Well, he's on a 1.2M expiring contract, but I think he's more of a filler than an individual straight up trade guy... But I firmly believe someone will drop 7-8mil/yr for as many years as he can get, on him in the open market, and we won't match.

You package Clark and Ebanks with Duhon and you give a team 2.5M that comes off the books this season and 3.5 next. You also give them a young solid starting caliber Forward, a young backup Forward, and Duhon, who's a decent locker room guy and an expiring next season.
Or maybe they go in a Pau trade.
But I think with every game played he get's more attractive.

Ariza was playing at a higher level and the Rockets over paid for him in that range. I'm sure the Rockets would love to take that back
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#114 » by AcecardZ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:43 am

Aki wrote:im not sure he'd get all that much

and clark isnt that different a player. but even josh powell and dj mbenga only got minimum contracts afterward.

The Lakers are great at getting the max from a player so a another team will overpay for them once he becomes a free agent. Ariza? Farmar? Vujacic? All were overpaid once they left the Lakers. The same will likely happen to Clark.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#115 » by LApwnd » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:14 pm

AcecardZ wrote:
Aki wrote:im not sure he'd get all that much

The Lakers are great at getting the max from a player so a another team will overpay for them once he becomes a free agent. Ariza? Farmar? Vujacic? All were overpaid once they left the Lakers. The same will likely happen to Clark.

only Ariza fits that mold, Vujacic got paid by us and Farmar didn't get overpaid he left cause he wanted to start. Fish/Turiaf/Knight are former Lakers I recall that got overpaid and we didn't want to bother matching their offers.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by AcecardZ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:21 pm

You're right we overpaid Sacha. Luckily we got rid of him and his lousy contract. I do believe the Nets overpaid Jordan Farmar. Or is my memory flawed once again?
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#117 » by LApwnd » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:31 pm

AcecardZ wrote:You're right we overpaid Sacha. Luckily we got rid of him and his lousy contract. I do believe the Nets overpaid Jordan Farmar. Or is my memory flawed once again?

dont think $4mill/yr was overpaying, maybe the lenghth of the contract might have I think. Thats avg IMO for a possible starting PG at the time he signed, its unfortunate for him Devon Harris ended on the Nets to that season :lol:
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant

Post#118 » by AcecardZ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:35 pm

LApwnd wrote:
AcecardZ wrote:You're right we overpaid Sacha. Luckily we got rid of him and his lousy contract. I do believe the Nets overpaid Jordan Farmar. Or is my memory flawed once again?

dont think $4mill/yr was overpaying, maybe the lenghth of the contract might have I think. Thats avg IMO for a possible starting PG at the time he signed, its unfortunate for him Devon Harris ended on the Nets to that season :lol:

It just sucks Farmar left. Since his departure we've had Blake and Duhon as our backup pg's. :cry:
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,534

Earl Clark 

Post#119 » by Peregrine01 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:02 am

Can't deny that I love this dude's game. Unlike Meeks and Jamison (who look for their shot every single time they touch it), this kid actually makes the extra pass. He hustles, isn't afraid to bang down low, goes after boards and plays some pretty solid D. Never really has any plays called for him but still put up 20/12 tonight.

Damn, if only the two superstar low post guys play half as hard as Clark..
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,115

Post#120 » by Edrees » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:09 am

imagine if we had both hill and clark healthy. it would be hustleville

Return to Los Angeles Lakers