Official OT Thread pt. II

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Re: Official OT Thread pt. II 

Post#1321 » by [RCG] » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:11 am

So...

Josh Harding has multiple sclerosis and posts a shutout at Goalie for the Minnesota Wild.
Royce White is afraid of airplanes, refuses to show up for work and says:

White’s message to HBO was that his approach to his dispute with the Rockets should be perceived on human terms, rather than basketball terms.

“Why does my worth need to be measured by how many rebounds I’ve clocked? I’m saying something true, why does it need a rebound accompanying it?”

Because you’re a basketball player, Goldberg says, supplying the obvious counterargument.

“I’m a human being,” White replies immediately. “That’s it.”
http://nba.si.com/2013/01/19/rockets-royce-white-mental-health-protocol-hbo/

Someone should tell White that a little effort goes a long way. His act is so old and beyond frustrating. The only reason Rockets are holding onto him is because of the guaranteed money. Let him waste away for two years then decline his third year option. It's what he deserves. For his sake I hope he takes a lesson from Harding, be thankful to the organization for the chance to play professionally while getting paid handsomely and work at earning the money.

Either that or return the money he didn't earn and walk away. I don't think he ever intended to play for them and now makes it harder for any collegiate player with a mental health issue to get drafted in the first round.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1322 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:51 pm

seems like they can't get over the flying issue. I thought there was more to it, but that article seems like it's still just about the flying. Rox thought it wouldn't be a big deal b/c White lied and said it wouldn't so he could get a 1st round contract, then he pulled all this out after the fact.

You know who's really to blame in all this? The US government. All this could've been avoided with a proper Shinkansen train network, but while Japan has been bullet training around the joint since the 60s, we're still talking about friggin buses when it comes to land travel. Preposterous! Next presidential candidate that promises a high speed train network gets my valuable vote.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#1323 » by Grits n Gravy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:34 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:seems like they can't get over the flying issue. I thought there was more to it, but that article seems like it's still just about the flying. Rox thought it wouldn't be a big deal b/c White lied and said it wouldn't so he could get a 1st round contract, then he pulled all this out after the fact.

You know who's really to blame in all this? The US government. All this could've been avoided with a proper Shinkansen train network, but while Japan has been bullet training around the joint since the 60s, we're still talking about friggin buses when it comes to land travel. Preposterous! Next presidential candidate that promises a high speed train network gets my valuable vote.

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#1324 » by [RCG] » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Why not teleportation?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,580

Post#1325 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Everyone, I really hope that if there's just one article you read online today, it's this one:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... on-tragedy
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1326 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:41 am

A bunch of "sober" college students singing along to the National Anthem at SMSU Hawaiian Night

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhHnGLd2-_o[/youtube]
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#1327 » by Basti » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 am

Now I know why Joan Niesen started to write about the Wolves when she didn't really have any local connections prior to her arrival at FSN North.

Her twitter profile says "Facial hair enthusiast". Although, if I remember correctly, last year's team rocked a few more beards than this year's team.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#1328 » by cpfsf » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:28 pm

i don't understand why people write poetry or inspirational messages as twitter/facebook updates. when was the last time your sibling said "dare to dream" or a coworker told you "pain is fear leaving your body?"

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1329 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 am

cpfsf wrote:i don't understand why people write poetry or inspirational messages as twitter/facebook updates. when was the last time your sibling said "dare to dream" or a coworker told you "pain is fear leaving your body?"

dare to dream

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSWEalcHJpk[/youtube]
patryk7754
Head Coach
And1: 1,093

Post#1330 » by patryk7754 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:25 am

Can someone tell me when Love is suppose to come back?
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#1331 » by [RCG] » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:49 am

March sometime.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#1332 » by southern wolf » Mon Feb 4, 2013 1:32 pm

Tonight I was playing basketball for my local league and we were up by about 20 in the second half so we thought we would have a bit of fun and do our own little version of showtime. I tried to channel my inner Rubio with behind the back passes and an around the back lay up. Lets just say I looked more like Javale McGee than Rubio.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1333 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Feb 6, 2013 5:02 am

yea you say you looked like javale mcgee, but i read a story where javale mcgee flew in a groupie to his hotel, bangs'd her multiple times, then didn't buy her any chipotle. Checkmate.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#1334 » by southern wolf » Wed Feb 6, 2013 5:16 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:yea you say you looked like javale mcgee, but i read a story where javale mcgee flew in a groupie to his hotel, bangs'd her multiple times, then didn't buy her any chipotle. Checkmate.

That's my post-game routine.
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#1335 » by cpfsf » Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:09 am

it's becoming harder for me to get time to watch games. one of these days i'm going to check the boxscore and i'll see a totally different roster.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1336 » by Klomp » Thu Feb 7, 2013 6:26 am

Need some help.

Thinking of dropping cable. Currently paying over 100/mo for cable/Internet. Internet alone is only 40/mo. Trying to figure out all the main subscription sites I would want if I dropped, to see if it would be wise financially.

Right now, the subscriptions I've included in my list are Netflix, Hulu Plus, and full season subscriptions for NBA League Pass (I forget, are archives blacked out too?) and NFL.com Game Rewind. I still come out 35/mo ahead.

Am I missing anything?!

bluethunder0005
Pro Prospect
And1: 148

Post#1337 » by bluethunder0005 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 1:24 pm

This is offtopic as far as the Wolves are concerned but last night I got to see Andrew Wiggins play in person. I live in a small town in West Virginia and last night he played a game where I went to high school. The kid is unbelievable. He scored 57 points on 24-28 shooting and he made it look so natural and easy. He had some dunks in traffic, drained a few 3's from both high school distance and from about where nba 3 is at, and was able to finish through contact very well. It honestly was one of my favorite nights watching a basketball game.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#1338 » by Grits n Gravy » Fri Feb 8, 2013 2:25 pm

Klomp wrote:Need some help.

Thinking of dropping cable. Currently paying over 100/mo for cable/Internet. Internet alone is only 40/mo. Trying to figure out all the main subscription sites I would want if I dropped, to see if it would be wise financially.

Right now, the subscriptions I've included in my list are Netflix, Hulu Plus, and full season subscriptions for NBA League Pass (I forget, are archives blacked out too?) and NFL.com Game Rewind. I still come out 35/mo ahead.

Am I missing anything?!

blacked out games are available as soon as the game finishes(slight delay sometimes).
cpfsf
General Manager

Post#1339 » by cpfsf » Fri Feb 8, 2013 6:46 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc[/youtube]

the epitome of brilliance

Grits n Gravy
General Manager

Post#1340 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:43 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKOwSnEyGco[/youtube]

this is pretty incredible :lol:

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves