ImageImageImage

Ridnour "being shopped"

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Re: Ridnour "being shopped" 

Post#161 » by karch34 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:00 am

Interesting. Not too surprising that we're willing to deal picks I guess.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#162 » by AQuintus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:05 am

Yeah. It would be kind of rough to lose a top 10 pick, especially if this is the year that the pick actually moves up, but this draft is awful, so I wouldn't hate it depending on the return.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#163 » by Mattya » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:13 am

I wonder if Eric Gordon could be a possibility. The Hornets sound like they might be interesting in moving him, and we could offer picks to a still rebuilding team.
Murphs56
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,236

Post#164 » by Murphs56 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:15 am

Mattya wrote:I wonder if Eric Gordon could be a possibility. The Hornets sound like they might be interesting in moving him, and we could offer picks to a still rebuilding team.

Eric Gordon is the type of player that turns this team from average to very good
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#165 » by Basti » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:49 am

Murphs56 wrote:
Mattya wrote:I wonder if Eric Gordon could be a possibility. The Hornets sound like they might be interesting in moving him, and we could offer picks to a still rebuilding team.

Eric Gordon is the type of player that turns this team from average to very good

Eric Gordon would be perfect for our team but his knees and our history of knee issues seem like a nightmare waiting to happen.
Viljanen
Junior
And1: 81

Post#166 » by Viljanen » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:32 pm

$ 13,500,000 for the next 4 years. If we´re to build around Love, Ricky and Pek, we´ll need cheap production at the SG and SF.

I think we can only afford two more pieces: a cheap SG, to play the role that Sefolosha has in OKC (I liked M.Lee quite a lot... we´re just so unlucky...), and search for more production at the backup C spot (Stiemsma hasn´t worked as we expected and CJ could be a great 4th big, but still can´t defend without making tons of fouls).

This team is almost already done. The trio is there (with two max contracts next year in Love and pEk), and most of the secondary pieces are also already there (Barea, Shved, Buddinger, Dante, I´d even add Gelabale for his great ratio production vs. price). If you don´t like the result, blame the trio chosen to build around.

Personally, I like the team. Without injuries it should be bloody difficult to defeat.
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves Jazz de toda la vida.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,467

Post#167 » by Worm Guts » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:55 pm

AQuintus wrote:Yeah. It would be kind of rough to lose a top 10 pick, especially if this is the year that the pick actually moves up, but this draft is awful, so I wouldn't hate it depending on the return.

At the very least, it doesn't hurt to find out what's available.
Viljanen
Junior
And1: 81

Post#168 » by Viljanen » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Putting some rumors together...

Bulls (They need to get rid of Hamilton not to be in the lux, but at this point his contract has negative value. They need an expiring on a similar contract)
Out: R.Hamilton + 1st pick
In: B.Roy

Orlando (they´re rebuilding, so two picks, one of them could be very good, and some salary relief should be good value for Afflalo)
Out: A.Afflalo
In: R.Hamilton + Minn 1st pick + Bulls 1st pick

Minnesota: (gets a huge fit in a good long contract. They´ll need to get rid of Williams and Ridnour if they want to resign Pek though)
Out: B.Roy + 1st pick
In: A.Afflalo
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves Jazz de toda la vida.
Beas
Pro Prospect
And1: 11

Post#169 » by Beas » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Toronto in need of backup PG; could be landing spot for Telfair or Minny's Luke Ridnour.

anything interesting we could snag from the raptors? I like Ross but we would obviously have to add more
Massimo wrote:There is a saying in German that if somebody wants to rape you off and you can't runaway, simply try to have fun with it. This is exactly what the players have to do. Just enjoy it.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#170 » by The J Rocka » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Beas wrote:Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Toronto in need of backup PG; could be landing spot for Telfair or Minny's Luke Ridnour.

anything interesting we could snag from the raptors? I like Ross but we would obviously have to add more

DeRozan baby.

Hope it's not Alan Anderson.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,962

Post#171 » by shrink » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:32 pm

People now I'm risk adverse, and cost conscious, so some of you would be surprised that I'd make an offer for Eric Gordon.

I understand how dangerous it is, but the wolves have a lot of needs, and if healthy, Eric Gordon can fill most of them. I'd rather take the big gamble on the one guy that could fix things, than hope we can fashiopn a fix from lots of lesser players.

We would be an appealing destination for him compared to where he's been, and with two-star level talents that would make him even better, he could have a great chance for personal and team success.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#172 » by shrink » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Viljanen wrote:Putting some rumors together...

Bulls (They need to get rid of Hamilton not to be in the lux, but at this point his contract has negative value. They need an expiring on a similar contract)
Out: R.Hamilton + 1st pick
In: B.Roy

Orlando (they´re rebuilding, so two picks, one of them could be very good, and some salary relief should be good value for Afflalo)
Out: A.Afflalo
In: R.Hamilton + Minn 1st pick + Bulls 1st pick

Minnesota: (gets a huge fit in a good long contract. They´ll need to get rid of Williams and Ridnour if they want to resign Pek though)
Out: B.Roy + 1st pick
In: A.Afflalo

Maybe if we expanded the deal so that we got CHI all the way under the lux? Personally, I think they'll need to move Boozer.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
champalift
Junior
And1: 12

Post#173 » by champalift » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:41 pm

via Twitter/HoopsHype
Alex Kennedy: The Magic and Knicks have discussed a J.J. Redick for Iman Shumpert trade. Other players (and maybe a third team) would have to be involved. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA
Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#MMs2LRsjm3vTexXU.

Perhaps we could get be that third team. JJ/Luke + asset for Redick in a three team deal? Will have to look at cap numbers now...
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,576

Post#174 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:02 pm

champalift wrote:via Twitter/HoopsHype
Alex Kennedy: The Magic and Knicks have discussed a J.J. Redick for Iman Shumpert trade. Other players (and maybe a third team) would have to be involved. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA
Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#MMs2LRsjm3vTexXU.

Perhaps we could get be that third team. JJ/Luke + asset for Redick in a three team deal? Will have to look at cap numbers now...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=agxfs3j

Picks would have to be added...
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
phonzadellika
Rookie
And1: 178

Post#175 » by phonzadellika » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm

From the Orlando board:

blue and white wrote:
VGOSWAMI wrote:
One report in the days leading up to Thursday's NBA trade deadline indicated that the Orlando Magic's asking price for J.J. Redick is "steep," but another report early Tuesday morning from ESPN's Marc Stein specified just how steep.

According to Stein, the Magic are asking for "no less than a first-round pick" in exchange for Redick, the 28-year-old shooting guard with an expiring contract.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/20 ... 3-deadline

dont really think thats a steep price for him.

Does Shumpert have equivalent value to a 1st round pick for Orlando?

More importantly for us, would the cost for Redick in a 3-way trade be Ridnour and a 2nd? I'm not sure a soon-to-be-free agent Redick is worth more than that.
shrink
RealGM

Post#176 » by shrink » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:58 pm

If this is true, the part that makes the most sense is Redick to NYK, so that would mean Iman Shumpert coming our way.

Redick is a UFA next season, so he can sign wherever he wants, and there are rumors that he'd take a lesser deal just to go back to Orlando. Redick's value is this season, and NYL is the only play-off contender of the three teams.

Moreover, if ORL is demanding a 1st, NYK can't meet that obligation. They owe DEN their 2014 1st, so their pick this year is not tradable because of the Stepien Rule.

Could we be interested in Shumpert for Ridnour + MEM pick?
phonzadellika
Rookie
And1: 178

Post#177 » by phonzadellika » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:44 pm

shrink wrote:If this is true, the part that makes the most sense is Redick to NYK, so that would mean Iman Shumpert coming our way.

Redick is a UFA next season, so he can sign wherever he wants, and there are rumors that he'd take a lesser deal just to go back to Orlando. Redick's value is this season, and NYL is the only play-off contender of the three teams.

Moreover, if ORL is demanding a 1st, NYK can't meet that obligation. They owe DEN their 2014 1st, so their pick this year is not tradable because of the Stepien Rule.

Could we be interested in Shumpert for Ridnour + MEM pick?

FWIW there are posters on the Orlando board that are convinced that JJ Redick wants to move to NY since he spent last off-season there and wants to play for a contender. From that perspective I could see NYK interested in a Redick deal if they think he'll re-sign. Redick doesn't address NYK weakness at backup PG though which is why I think Ridnour could be going to NYK in a trade like this, especially if the Wolves are looking for 'established vets' in exchange for the 1sts. Shumpert was a nice player and good prospect before his ACL tear but I don't know that he qualifies as an established vet at this point.

IMO Ridnour + Mem 1st is pretty steep for just Shumpert, especially in a 3 team trade where the Wolves give up the most value and don't get the best player back. I think that the Mem 1st on its own should be enough for Shumpert, maybe Brandon Roy's expiring to Orlando to sweeten the deal if we have no other plans for it.

Is Shumpert a decent 3pt shooter?
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#178 » by NikolaPekovic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:43 pm

Beas wrote:Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

Terrence ross fits much better than derozan. He's cheaper, still plays great defense, and can shoot 3's alot better than derozan.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#179 » by NikolaPekovic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:53 pm

shrink wrote:People now I'm risk adverse, and cost conscious, so some of you would be surprised that I'd make an offer for Eric Gordon.

I understand how dangerous it is, but the wolves have a lot of needs, and if healthy, Eric Gordon can fill most of them. I'd rather take the big gamble on the one guy that could fix things, than hope we can fashiopn a fix from lots of lesser players.

We would be an appealing destination for him compared to where he's been, and with two-star level talents that would make him even better, he could have a great chance for personal and team success.

He would be a good fit, but we have way too many injury problems. and we wouldnt be able to sign pek im pretty sure.
champalift
Junior
And1: 12

Post#180 » by champalift » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Via HoopsHype/Twitter
The Wolves are not shopping PG Luke Ridnour, according to a source. The Timberwolves are 2-6 in February, but PG Ricky Rubio is averaging 13.5 points and 9.3 assists during the month. Yahoo! Sports

Well that changes things... Makes me think that trading Luke rumors are centered on other teams preferring Luke to JJ and us wanting to move JJ. I just can't see us wanting to move Luke. Adelman likes him. He is on a better contract and has a better attitude than JJ.

I see (and hope) something like JJ and Derrick/a pick for the best scoring guard we can get happening.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves