Ridnour "being shopped"

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Re: Ridnour "being shopped" 

Post#181 » by NikolaPekovic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 pm

champalift wrote:Via HoopsHype/Twitter
The Wolves are not shopping PG Luke Ridnour, according to a source. The Timberwolves are 2-6 in February, but PG Ricky Rubio is averaging 13.5 points and 9.3 assists during the month. Yahoo! Sports

Well that changes things... Makes me think that trading Luke rumors are centered on other teams preferring Luke to JJ and us wanting to move JJ. I just can't see us wanting to move Luke. Adelman likes him. He is on a better contract and has a better attitude than JJ.

I see (and hope) something like JJ and Derrick/a pick for the best scoring guard we can get happening.

Only reason luke has more value is cause he can shoot honestly. JJ brings toughness and the ability to penetrade and draw fouls. he is also a better fit next to shved in the second unit.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#182 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:02 pm

The Wolves are not shopping PG Luke Ridnour, according to a source. The Timberwolves are 2-6 in February, but PG Ricky Rubio is averaging 13.5 points and 9.3 assists during the month. Yahoo! Sports

Well that changes things... Makes me think that trading Luke rumors are centered on other teams preferring Luke to JJ and us wanting to move JJ. I just can't see us wanting to move Luke. Adelman likes him. He is on a better contract and has a better attitude than JJ.

I see (and hope) something like JJ and Derrick/a pick for the best scoring guard we can get happening.

Not what I get at all.

You claim they want to trade JJ so they put Luke on the market??????? Heck Luke is preparing himself to be trade. I suspect Minnesota is just trying to drive the market for Luke.
champalift
Junior
And1: 12

Post#183 » by champalift » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:20 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:

Not what I get at all.

You claim they want to trade JJ so they put Luke on the market??????? Heck Luke is preparing himself to be trade. I suspect Minnesota is just trying to drive the market for Luke.

I did not claim that. What I am implying is 9 times out of 10 the players being discussed most 3 weeks prior to the deadline are not the ones being moved. Also what I am saying is that I think internally we value Luke on his contract more than JJ on his. There is a reason why Luke has consistently started and finished games even with Ricky back (not only the fact that we don't have a SG with two working knees).
I am not David Kahn or Rick Adelman, so I am purely speculating like everyone else on this forum (and most NBA writers as well), but from my close following of this team, that is what I want to see happen and think will happen. If we make a trade, it will likely be Luke or JJ (possibly Derrick or Steamer) and would be surprised if we opt to move Luke over JJ is all I am saying.
Welcome to speculation, rumor, and read-between-the-lines season! :D
2 days left!!!
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#184 » by Grits n Gravy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:23 pm

NikolaPekovic wrote:

Only reason luke has more value is cause he can shoot honestly. JJ brings toughness and the ability to penetrade and draw fouls. he is also a better fit next to shved in the second unit.

i'd rather the ball be more in shveds hands so i disagree
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#185 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:40 pm

champalift wrote:
I did not claim that. What I am implying is 9 times out of 10 the players being discussed most 3 weeks prior to the deadline are not the ones being moved. Also what I am saying is that I think internally we value Luke on his contract more than JJ on his. There is a reason why Luke has consistently started and finished games even with Ricky back (not only the fact that we don't have a SG with two working knees).
I am not David Kahn or Rick Adelman, so I am purely speculating like everyone else on this forum (and most NBA writers as well), but from my close following of this team, that is what I want to see happen and think will happen. If we make a trade, it will likely be Luke or JJ (possibly Derrick or Steamer) and would be surprised if we opt to move Luke over JJ is all I am saying.
Welcome to speculation, rumor, and read-between-the-lines season! :D
2 days left!!!

I would guess you don't like JJ and are reading too much into it. I would say MN values JJ more than Luke, rarer skill-set, younger and extra year on his contract at a reasonable rate. Luke is the odd man out and has less team value that is why they are shopping him. Heck, I like both guys and don't think it matters who they keep..And even though I like both if we keep neither I am okay with that too.

It is likely pretty simple, they may be close to a deal with a couple of teams and are trying to drive up the offers.

I surmise the only way they trade JJ is if a team is absolutely in love with JJ over Luke, won't do the deal otherwise or he is part of a trade we cannot refuse.
champalift
Junior
And1: 12

Post#186 » by champalift » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:37 am

You are correct. I was speculating and I am bias because I do value Ridnour more than Barea, contracts and all. I think I could make an argument why that is the case, but you are correct in saying I read into it more than I should have. At the very least, ESPN Insider guy did the same thing
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=2536
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,984

Post#187 » by shrink » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:38 pm

woj wrote: In pursuit of guard help, the Celtics have made Fab Melo available

I keep going back to this:

MIN GETS: Courtney Lee + Fab Melo
BOS GETS: Luke Ridnour + Greg Steimsma
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#188 » by kmgarnett21 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Fab Melo is a bust. I said so when Boston drafted him it was a dumb pick.
CELTICSNUM1
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#189 » by CELTICSNUM1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:08 pm

shrink wrote:

This is a trade that I could see happening and would be happy if it did.
shrink
RealGM

Post#190 » by shrink » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:14 pm

CELTICSNUM1 wrote:
shrink wrote:

This is a trade that I could see happening and would be happy if it did.

Thanks. I wrote it out fully on the Trade Board here

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1233103

Invite your Celtic friends to comment!
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#191 » by [RCG] » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:15 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=af9damc

Add in the Memphis 1st to the Nuggets.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#192 » by SO_MONEY » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:41 pm

[RCG] wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=af9damc

Pretty sure Denver would prefer the roster spot savings and the first, but they turned it down in a deal.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#193 » by SO_MONEY » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:46 pm

shrink wrote:

I am going to keep saying I hate is every time it surfaces. Melo has more negative value than Steamer and Ridnour has more positive value than Lee...it would take a first from BOS to offset the difference.

Many people must like Melo, or HATE Steamer, but Melo is awful and is not worth having to develop long-term at our expense, Chris Johnson is better and it seems we have him signed for next year if we want.
shrink
RealGM

Post#194 » by shrink » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:34 pm

[RCG] wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=af9damc

Love this

MIN GIVES: Luke Ridnour + Greg Steimsma + MEM 1st
MIN GETS: Courtney Lee + Timofrey Mozgov

BOS GIVES: Courtney Lee + Fab Melo

DEN GIVES: Timofrey Mozgov
DEN GETS: Fab Melo + MEM 1st + $1.8 mil TPE

DEN upgrades from eating Roy's salary to Fab Melo and a TPE.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#195 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:08 pm

I never thought Boston would trade Lee, they just saw an opportunity to add an asset for free and jumped on it. Ainge collects assets when he can so he has the firepower to make trades when the opportunity arises.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#196 » by Vindicater » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:57 am

This trade deadline was depressing... I was so sure we were rid of this loser.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#197 » by PZiv » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Vindicater wrote:This trade deadline was depressing... I was so sure we were rid of this loser.

agreed.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#198 » by Grits n Gravy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Vindicater wrote:This trade deadline was depressing... I was so sure we were rid of this loser.

SMFH
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#199 » by Foye » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Grits n Gravy wrote:

SMFH

I can't disagree. :dontknow:

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves